Admin2

Think You Drink A Lot? This Chart Will Tell You

Admin2

"Do you drink a glass of wine with dinner every night? That puts you in the top 30 percent of American adults in terms of per-capita alcohol consumption. If you drink two glasses, that would put you in the top 20 percent.

But in order to break into the top 10 percent of American drinkers, you would need to drink more than two bottles of wine with every dinner. And you'd still be below-average among those top 10 percenters."

You will need register or log in to read this content

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 11.45.34 AM.png

IWantOut

Yep, I've always been able to say "There are people who drink a lot more than I do." and this chart proves I was right.

But it really doesn't matter.  If the amount you're drinking is causing you to miss out on parts of life you want to enjoy, you're drinking too much FOR YOU.

I don't know what the people who drink 74 drinks a week are doing with their lives, but I don't want to go there.  I think my highest weeks are around 40 drinks and that's just too much for what I want to do.

• Like 2

Cassander

Hah! It looks like extreme alcohol consumption in the US, like extreme wealth, is heavily concentrated in a small portion of the population. Do you think the two are related? :) 

• Like 2

StuckinLA

lol *with dinner*. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that if you're still thinking about food you don't have what it takes to make it into the top 10% :D