The End of my Addiction
Chrysalis

Kudzu root

Chrysalis

Hi, Has anyone taken kudzu root?  I have read that it can really help with addictions (alcohol, smoking) and is good for anxiety. I have just started taking it and would be interested to know if it has been helpful for anyone here.

Thanks, Chrys

• Like 1

phoenix

I've used it a couple of times, and it didn't help. I wonder if there's a placebo effect because it made me feel as if it should work, but pretty soon I was back to my old ways!

• Like 2

Ne1

Hi, Chrys and welcome to the forum! :)

I have heard that Kudzu can be helpful initially but that the effects wear off. I have heard the same thing about L-glutamine, but with more success initially. I don't know if either of them are effective long term. 

Let us know how it goes for you.

Good luck and either way, hang in there!

• Like 3

TimberTim

I tried kudzu for a while. It's been a couple of years and I think I still have some, somewhere. I was taking it with baclofen and I remember it giving me additional SE's, which I didn't want. Sorry, I don't remember if it worked or not. Might be worth a try again! Keep us posted.

• Like 1

phoenix
On 28/03/2016 at 2:01 PM, Ne1 said:

Hi, Chrys and welcome to the forum! :)

I have heard that Kudzu can be helpful initially but that the effects wear off. I have heard the same thing about L-glutamine, but with more success initially. I don't know if either of them are effective long term. 

Let us know how it goes for you.

Good luck and either way, hang in there!

Yes as an athlete I've used L-glut for years, before bac and nal, and through many detoxes. It never stopped me drinking and I was using it enough that if it was going to do something, it would have done! I think I used it when I tried Campral. I still use L-Glut but as a sports supplement, not for anything else!

• Like 4