time2quit

Watcha Reading?

time2quit

Read any good books lately.  Good articles web posts anything you want.  Just a general open thread.  I'm still getting used to the forum so this is the thread I wanted to start from the beginning.  As I said recently I've read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, Ashley Bell by dean Koontz and currently working on the Expanse series.  All three highly recommended.  I really need to get back to the Expanse it's been about a week.  I injured myself when I fell of my bicycle ( is okay to laugh)  I haven't even been able to hold that big Book without tremendous pain.  Well anyway bring it on!

Edited by time2quit
  • Like 1

Ne1

Fell off your bike? I can't laugh. I'm as clumsy as they come...Hope you're feeling better, though. I don't read actual books anymore. I never thought I'd give them up, and thought I was the last person on earth to get a kindle, but the convenience of a kindle is unbeatable and won out...

I read fantasy/sci fi mostly. The more escapism, the better. Robin Hobb is one of my favorites, and I'm rereading the Farseer Trilogy. I don't know if it's a function of extreme avoidance of life, or if the books are really that good, but I can't put them down. 

StuckinLA

Very late to this party. Nevertheless, here's my summer reading list (not including poetry for the class I'm teaching):

Loneliness as a Way of Life, by Thomas Dumm

Learning to Die in the Anthropocene, by Roy Scranton

Tinkers, by Paul Harding

The History of the Barclay Hotel, by J.M. Moore

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, by Carson McCullers

Zero K, by Don DeLillo

Fay, by Larry Brown (I'm about ½way through this so just need to finish it)

In Search of Lost Time, by Marcel Proust (actually, the edition I have was a gift a long time ago from a girlfriend, and it's an older translation, so the title I have is actually Remembrance of Things Past - but the other title is way closer to the original: À la recherche du temps perdu)

Oh, and just found a badass - read: BADASS - graphic novel series: Blacksad. Check it out.

Anybody wanna take bets on whether or not I get through all of this list before falling off the wagon or before the summer ends?

• Like 1