The End of my Addiction
Admin1

Report Bugs and issues here

Admin1

Please post any bugs and Forum issues in this thread

Molly78

Admin, is there some way of blocking the process that sends notification of everything to your email unless you actively stop it for each thread?

Thanks.

Molly.

• Like 1

Admin1
1 hour ago, Molly78 said:

Admin, is there some way of blocking the process that sends notification of everything to your email unless you actively stop it for each thread?

Thanks.

Molly.

@Molly78

Hi Molly

Click on <userlink>(Molly78 with downward arrow)<Account Settings><Notification Settings> and this will unearth a multitude of settings that you can tailor to your requirements

HTH

EDIT: And a thanks for using the correct area of the forum to report the issue ;)

Edited by Admin1
Add Edit

Ne1

After I submit my reply, I have to reload the page in order to reply again on the same thread. Otherwise it just says "saving". Does that make sense? 

Molly78
2 hours ago, Admin1 said:

@Molly78

Hi Molly

Click on <userlink>(Molly78 with downward arrow)<Account Settings><Notification Settings> and this will unearth a multitude of settings that you can tailor to your requirements

HTH

EDIT: And a thanks for using the correct area of the forum to report the issue ;)

OK, bear with me here, I'm really slow  IT wise.

I went to account  settings but I can't  see an option not to receive ANY emails. I can opt for one a  week or one a day etc but not none at all.

Sorry, I  know it's just me.

Admin1
Just now, Molly78 said:

OK, bear with me here, I'm really slow  IT wise.

I went to account  settings but I can't  see an option not to receive ANY emails. I can opt for one a  week or one a day etc but not none at all.

Sorry, I  know it's just me.

Close, but no cigar Molly :)

Keep scrolling down that page

• Like 1

Admin1
19 minutes ago, Ne1 said:

After I submit my reply, I have to reload the page in order to reply again on the same thread. Otherwise it just says "saving". Does that make sense? 

@Ne1

Hi Ne

Sometimes it is slow but eventually it should post the comment.

Indeed, my reply to Molly took some 20 seconds or so showing "saving" before it went through

I will report it as a bug to IP Board

• Like 1

Ne1

TWENTY SECONDS! That's like a lifetime these days, amirite? 

Thanks, sunshine. 

Molly78
12 minutes ago, Admin1 said:

Close, but no cigar Molly :)

Keep scrolling down that page

Right! It's amazing how often I forget to scroll down!

I think I've turned everything off now. 

Many thanks!

Admin1
On 07/06/2016 at 9:29 PM, Ne1 said:

TWENTY SECONDS! That's like a lifetime these days, amirite? 

Thanks, sunshine. 

Not noted for your patience you 9_9

Felina

I just tried to view Stuck's thread after @Baclofenman replied. It would open the thread momentarily, but then the page would go blank. I tried a few times this from the home page (on the recent posts bar) and also from the General Discussion page. *Edit: I can view other threads, just not that one. 

Edited by Felina

Admin1
31 minutes ago, Felina said:

I just tried to view Stuck's thread after @Baclofenman replied. It would open the thread momentarily, but then the page would go blank. I tried a few times this from the home page (on the recent posts bar) and also from the General Discussion page. *Edit: I can view other threads, just not that one. 

@Felina

Hi Felina

Not sure why you got a blank page

When the top post has unread posts the title appears in bold and there seems to be an issue with deciphering the last unread post and transfereing this information to the user

I will carry out a cache data clearance. Let me know if this continues please

Thanks for your feedback :)

StuckinLA
1 hour ago, Felina said:

I just tried to view Stuck's thread after @Baclofenman replied. It would open the thread momentarily, but then the page would go blank.

I'm being censored!!!

;)

• Like 1

Admin1
1 hour ago, Felina said:

Seems to be working now. Whatever you did worked :) Thanks.

@Felina

Hi Felina

Yes, the speed of the site seems to be slow, to me anyway but I am on a very poor connection at the moment. I will be able to check further tomorrow but I am pleased the cache flush has improved things :).

Molly78

I see we now have cookies. Can you tell us the reasoning behind this? I never quite believe the "best experience" bit. And I especially don't want "The end of my addiction" popping up on other sites, like some retailers do.

I know I'm showing my ignorance of the internet here, but a bit of reassurance would be appreciated!

Admin1
48 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

I see we now have cookies. Can you tell us the reasoning behind this? I never quite believe the "best experience" bit. And I especially don't want "The end of my addiction" popping up on other sites, like some retailers do.

I know I'm showing my ignorance of the internet here, but a bit of reassurance would be appreciated!

It the law in your Country Molly.

It was part of an upgrade I did this morning.

When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of 'cookies'. This information, which might be about you, your preferences, or your internet device (computer, tablet or mobile), is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information is not usually personally identifiable to you, but it can be used to give you a more personalised web experience.

The EU law says that you have to be informed that your cookies are being stored. All forums do it and it is just to do stuff like, talk to your browser so that you can automatically log in and some other bits and bobs. It also helps us with the stats but there is nothing to be worried about. Its been happening all the time, it is just know we are supposed to tell you about it. Although the site is all hosted from The United States, apparently members of the EU Countries have to be informed of their "rghts"

I will turn it off if it causes any further protestation

Thanks Molly

EDIT: This forum does not share any information, Ever

Edited by Admin1

Molly78
2 hours ago, Admin1 said:

Its been happening all the time, it is just know we are supposed to tell you about it. Although the site is all hosted from The United States, apparently members of the EU Countries have to be informed of their "rghts"

OK, well it's not been a problem at all so far, so that is reassuring.

Many thanks.

Ne1

@Molly78, when I first started using the other forum, I was totally paranoid about my cookies. Had no idea what they were, but was convinced that everyone could look at my computer, or into my computer from afar, and see that I'd been on a website about addiction meds. So every time I logged out of my computer, I erased the cookies. It really screwed things up for a while, and made me even more paranoid and so I added more 'protection'. <sigh> I was a very, very frightened and paranoid drunk. 

(Not that you're being paranoid! It's a reasonable question.) When I got someone to clean up my computer, he told me that everything we touch and everywhere we go is noticed by something, but in large aggregate, and not easily narrowed down to one single piece of data (a person, place or thing). That made me feel better. And then Snowden came along and pointed out that the nefarious and the 'on-our-side' break all kinds of rules and have no ethics and can find out anything about anyone and I just threw up my hands and stopped caring about it one way or another. 

That and the Target debacle, and the Home Depot double debacle, and I know for a fact that the bad guys have had access to our paltry little lives for years. (I mean, who doesn't shop at Target and Home Depot???) Ironically, it was the lead accountant at Ed's company that compromised the data which enabled someone to steal his identity. And THAT is a whole 'nother bother that I can't even begin to gripe about because it is so tedious and has such scary implications. 

I have another friend in IT security who works for a company that does business with the Department of Defense (yes, he works for Darth Vader, but apparently the Empire pays so well that he is forced to work on the dark side. Anyway…) He said everything and anything is readily available to anyone nefarious every single minute you're on your computer. So, meh. 

Which is all beside the point since you asked a simple question about cookies. Sorry.