The End of my Addiction
Admin1

BMI Healthy Weight Calculator

Admin1

Calculate your own BMI using the calculator below:

• Like 1

bleep

This may explain the extraordinary difficulty I have running! 25.2, Overweight! Yegads. How reliable is this considered, anyone know? I wouldn't have said I'm overweight, certainly a couple of pounds would be better off elsewhere, but cripes, that's an unforgiving assessment! For sure if I weighed 60kg's (bottom weight range for my height, apparently, I would look skeletal.

Baclofenman

@bleep

Hi Bleep

28.3, Me

The Body Mass Index chart is much maligned as it does not take into account, not exclusively 

• Indirect and imperfect measurement-does not distinguish between body fat and lean body mass
  • Not as accurate a predictor of body fat in the elderly as it is in younger and middle-aged adults
  • At the same BMI, women have, on average, more body fat than men, and Asians have more body fat than whites

However the benefits are and again not exclusively

• Easy to measure
  • Inexpensive
  • Standardized cutoff points for overweight and obesity: Normal weight is a BMI between 18.5 and 24.9; overweight is a BMI between 25.0 and 29.9; obesity is a BMI of 30.0 or higher
  • Strongly correlated with body fat levels, as measured by the most accurate methods
  • Hundreds of studies show that a high BMI predicts higher risk of chronic disease and early death.

Like any measure of obesity it has its let downs - In your case I recon its thinking your body muscle weight is fat, which i am sure it is not ;)

Regards

Bacman

bleep

Thanks Bacman. Just as I suspected, it's my layers of rippling muscle impeding my progress on the training front!

• Like 1

Ne1

Well, that was a lousy way to start my morning. pfffft. That's all right. Designer jeans by December. That's the goal. It's all I need to think about.