Admin2

List of Online Pharmacies

thisperson258
On 22/10/2016 at 7:18 PM, Nicnak said:

Sorry,no idea why it's not working but I did try to sign in yesterday but had trouble but it worked in the end.Sometimes when I look it doesn't show any if the meds I need to order.I know it's frustrating but maybe leave it a day or two and try again 

Ooops it was my mistake. I just realised it was because I was copy and pasting the fields to save typing them.

So will I have to speak to anyone or not? It is a dealbreaker if I have to chat on the phone to anyone and don't want to have to pay and then find out I did. Text would be doable but not phone. I hate speaking on the phone.

Edited by thisperson258

Felina

@thisperson258, I doubt you'll have to speak with anyone. I just ordered from them recently and they never required a phone conversation. In fact, the only online pharmacy I've had to speak with on the phone is River Pharmacy, and that just started recently (and I think it's just for U.S. customers).

thisperson258
On 23/10/2016 at 8:29 PM, Felina said:

@thisperson258, I doubt you'll have to speak with anyone. I just ordered from them recently and they never required a phone conversation. In fact, the only online pharmacy I've had to speak with on the phone is River Pharmacy, and that just started recently (and I think it's just for U.S. customers).

Thanks for info.

Regarding the different brand names is it ok to buy the cheapest brand miorel? I mean it won't contain any other nasty ingredients? Miorel is still going to be regulated and contain only baclofen?

Since that one only costs £4 something. Next is lioresal at £7 which I had already heard of but then the rest are £14 or more.

Aren't you just paying for absolutely nothing if you buy a more expensive brand? just like you would pay extortionate prices for name brand clothes?

I wanted to check though since I wouldn't want to buy the low cost brand if there was a sufficient reason not to due to health risk or something; though as I said I can't see how that is the case if they are a proper registered company. Surely the ingredients have to be checked before being sold?

Can anyone confirm if they used miorel and and if applicable if they bought it from goldpharma and if it worked ok?

Edited by thisperson258

Molly78

I haven't used Miorel myself, have used Pacifen & Lobac, not had any problems with those.

Some people posting on here find a difference between the brands in terms of side effects, but I'm not sure anyone has actually been ripped off & sold "sugar pills".  The online pharmacies want you to reorder - they are unlikely to sell you something totally dud.

I think you're right that the brand names are like branded clothing, but people tend to trust the brand they've heard of for medicines so drug companies go on marketing their expensive branded makes when the generic version & other cheaper versions work perfectly well.

Baclofenman

Generic Medication

Must adhere to:

US FDA said:
  • contain the same active ingredients as the innovator drug(inactive ingredients may vary)
  • be identical in strength, dosage form, and route of administration
  • have the same use indications
  • be bioequivalent
  • meet the same batch requirements for identity, strength, purity, and quality
  • be manufactured under the same strict standards of FDA's good manufacturing practice regulations required for innovator products

You will need register or log in to read this content

I have noticed some side effect differences between generic brands, for instance Zaclofen (IN) and Polpharma (PL) both gave me constipation, however Mylan (UK) has relieved my constipation but has bought on early evening tiredness and Bac-Hangovers - So you take your pick, I suppose

Miorel tablets are manufactured by Greek manufacturer, Kleva - A quick search does not show any reliability concerns

Regards

Bacman

thisperson258

I just tried to make an order for the second time (tried yesterday and thought it might have been cos they were not in on a sunday) and I am not allowed to use any kind of debit card. There is a big red cross through all the cards and the only option is 'sepa payment' whatever that means with an extra £7 fee and you have to deposit like 100 euros. Such a rigmarole with goldpharma so far.

Have they changed their policies or something since I read others were able to order by card?

EDIT: I just got a reply from customer services telling me that if it is greyed out then they don't offer that option for that particular drug. :(.

I will give brandmedicines a try. Seems like they have less hoops although my account is pending will have to see if it gets confirmed smoothly.

Edited by thisperson258

thisperson258

Some hidden hand seems to be conspiring against me since I hadnt received an activation email from brandmedicines and I sent an email as was advised to ask them to activate. Received no reply and I tried to login again today to check and the account had been deleted. wtf?

Baclofenman
12 hours ago, thisperson258 said:

Some hidden hand seems to be conspiring against me since I hadnt received an activation email from brandmedicines and I sent an email as was advised to ask them to activate. Received no reply and I tried to login again today to check and the account had been deleted. wtf?

I would suggest you send a "forgotten password" request or re-register

Regards

Bacman

thisperson258

I have signed up to brandmedicines again and again they have not approved me, I just sent another support question but maybe they will delete me again.

So I made an order with goldpharma finally but today I got a messaged the physician rejected me.

Someone who had ordered before said they just put 'back spasms' in the explanation for why you need the drug so that is what I did. Maybe I should have explanained more and/or said I had used it before.

I thought what you put was irrelevant and just a beaurocratic detail to cover their ass but I guess not. What did you guys put? and do you have to explain in detail? I could try signing up again but I dont know if they will have blacklisted me card/address now. I dont want to have to waste money on another consultation if I got rejected again.

Of course I bet they charge me for that 'consultation'.

Edited by thisperson258

Molly78

This all seems very complicated - why not use one of the pharmacies where you can just order what you want, no questions asked eg Inhouse, or one of the others listed on this site.  I have been using Sunshine Pharma UK & so far they have been very reliable.  I just order & pay by credit card.

thisperson258
53 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

This all seems very complicated - why not use one of the pharmacies where you can just order what you want, no questions asked eg Inhouse, or one of the others listed on this site.  I have been using Sunshine Pharma UK & so far they have been very reliable.  I just order & pay by credit card.

Yes it is lol. I would love for it to be how you say but hasnt been so far.

Hmm sun pharma ships from within eu? I had avoided other people's suggestions because they were all from distant lands like india or vanuatu which I would prefer not to have to order from. I prefer within eu for speed but mainly to avoid customs.

thisperson258
38 minutes ago, Nicnak said:

I use goldpharma with no problems.I just put spasms in the box 

Hmm maybe it is because I said I hadnt tried before then.

Well I am screwed with them for the time being now arent I cos I can't just order again after they have rejected me? Unless I make a new account on the chance they don't realise the same address/card details.

Are there any other trusted european vendors? brandmedicines and goldpharma are the only ones Ive read about.

If not I guess I will have to look further afield as others have done.

I am not holding my breath on brand approving me since I read a huge thread where people have to wait up to a month to get approved if it all on pharmacyreviewer.

One other thing that concerned me about those distant non eu medicines is that they are going to have less quality controls aren't they so they could more likely be some dirty chinese knock off.

I think they won't charge for the failure looking again at the email. If that is the case maybe I will just try again on monday and fill it in with more detail and change to what I imagine they would want to hear for it to pass. If they don't charge then nothing to lose :).

Edited by thisperson258

Baclofenman
3 hours ago, thisperson258 said:

I am not holding my breath on brand approving me since I read a huge thread where people have to wait up to a month to get approved if it all on pharmacyreviewer.

Have you done as I suggested, used the password recovery button? - My guess is it will not recognise your email address

All review sites are relative, in that it is not unheard of for competitors to post unhelpful reviews - Some companies do very well out of this as an industry - Also generally the only people who review are disatisfied - The happy do not bother leaving reviews

One other thing that concerned me about those distant non eu medicines is that they are going to have less quality controls aren't they so they could more likely be some dirty chinese knock off.

There is no evidence medications purchased from within the EU are are likely to have better or worse "quality controls" that those purchased outside

I think they won't charge for the failure looking again at the email. If that is the case maybe I will just try again on monday and fill it in with more detail and change to what I imagine they would want to hear for it to pass. If they don't charge then nothing to lose :).

I would seriously doubt any medication site would have the technology to cross reference bank details between two different users - In any case it is perfectly legitimate for two different users to use the same card

I prefer within eu for speed but mainly to avoid customs.

Under £135.00 is not liable for customs duty - Most senders mark the package as something like "health products" - Note: Purchasing medications such as Baclofen is NOT illegal in the UK - AFAIK it IS in the US, although provided, if necessary it can be shown to be for personal consumption and not for retail you will be ok

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

Molly78

As Bacman says, quality of product is not usually a problem wherever the meds come from.  I've not heard of anyone getting sent dud medications.

Inhouse Pharmacy is based in Vanuatu, an Island somewhere in the South Pacific.  It's reliable, I've used them for a while.  Recently I swapped to Sunshine Pharma simply because you can pay by credit card.   Neither of these pharmacies ask you about what you want the drug for.  I've also used Mydrugsbasket which was recommended on this site - despite the dodgy name, they too are reliable, & again no questions asked.

I hope you manage to resolve the problem.  Don't be put off - all of us on here are buying meds off the internet, none of us have been either poisoned or prosecuted AFAIK.

thisperson258
16 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Have you done as I suggested, used the password recovery button? - My guess is it will not recognise your email address

All review sites are relative, in that it is not unheard of for competitors to post unhelpful reviews - Some companies do very well out of this as an industry - Also generally the only people who review are disatisfied - The happy do not bother leaving reviews

There is no evidence medications purchased from within the EU are are likely to have better or worse "quality controls" that those purchased outside

I would seriously doubt any medication site would have the technology to cross reference bank details between two different users - In any case it is perfectly legitimate for two different users to use the same card

Under £135.00 is not liable for customs duty - Most senders mark the package as something like "health products" - Note: Purchasing medications such as Baclofen is NOT illegal in the UK - AFAIK it IS in the US, although provided, if necessary it can be shown to be for personal consumption and not for retail you will be ok

Regards

Bacman

Thnks for reassurance both. I shall keep trying on monday :)

Regarding the forgotten password; the first account my account had been deleted so I don't see how that would help. On the second pending one I can login and view the site no problem it is just that every item has 'awaiting approval' rather than 'add to basket'. I find it strange why they would be so choosy about who they sell to and approving manually.

Ye I guess if you guys have been using the foreign pharmacies for a good while then it puts my mind at ease they would be ok.

Re the legality of ordering prescription drugs online in the uk Ive been confused by that. I looked online and the gov don't seem to want to let you know it is legal; ie I couldnt find a clear explanation when I looked around- can you point me to what sources give info on this or what I need to look for cos I couldnt find it. I thought any prescription drug garnered without a prescription is illegal- or else doesn't that undermine the purpose of prescriptions adding some sort of control to the substances? Does it apply only for baclofen or other stuff like antidepressants? because Ive been interested in trying wellbutrim for depression but they don't prescribe it in UK except for smoking cessation. I imagine stuff like benzoes would be illegal? not that I want those I am just wondering where they draw the distinction.

Besides that though, since the psychoactive substances bill intruduced in may, isn't any psychoactive now illegal? I read that it is illegal to import anything but not illegal to possess in the case of legal highs, but any other psychoactive would fall under the same catch all wouldn't it?

Morally I am not worried either way but still good to know one way or the other in terms of how/where you order.

Edited by thisperson258

Molly78

@thisperson258 it is illegal to buy drugs without a prescription in the UK, but the law does not cover buying from abroad, as long as you are buying them for personal use.

It doesn't apply to controlled drugs eg benzos & opiates, it's illegal to buy those anywhere.  You could buy ADs legally, but I wouldn't recommend Wellbutrin - there are reasons it's not used as an AD in the UK.

I think you're right, that the govt doesn't want us to know that we can do this!  I just had a quick search for an actual document that says this & couldn't find one, but I have in the past & will look again. I am very confident on this, having researched it thoroughly before! Alternatively, Bacman is good at finding links to this sort of legal stuff, there might even be something on this site - I never thought to look til just now!

There are legal requirements about how the package is labelled.  You, as the importer, are responsible for this (I know, it's counter-intuitive isn't it?).  Lots of pharmacies label their stuff "Health products" to avoid customs charges.  HMG takes a dim view of people avoiding paying their taxes (unless you're a millionaire of course).  So if customs open the package to check & find it's meds, they impound it & you get a threatening letter.  This has happened to me & I got worried, so I now make sure I use the pharmacies that label properly.  Inhouse does, & Sunshine Pharma if you choose express delivery.

Off to search again for that official document.

Baclofenman
53 minutes ago, thisperson258 said:

Re the legality of ordering prescription drugs online in the uk Ive been confused by that. I looked online and the gov don't seem to want to let you know it is legal; ie I couldnt find a clear explanation when I looked around- can you point me to what sources give info on this or what I need to look for cos I couldnt find it. I thought any prescription drug garnered without a prescription is illegal- or else doesn't that undermine the purpose of prescriptions adding some sort of control to the substances? Does it apply only for baclofen or other stuff like antidepressants? because Ive been interested in trying wellbutrim for depression but they don't prescribe it in UK except for smoking cessation. I imagine stuff like benzoes would be illegal? not that I want those I am just wondering where they draw the distinction.

It is all laid out here:

On the basis, it is too hard a read (which it is) Wiki sum it up in a simpler form

Baclofen is not a "controlled drug" - Current list of "controlled drugs"

32 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

There are legal requirements about how the package is labelled.  You, as the importer, are responsible for this (I know, it's counter-intuitive isn't it?).  Lots of pharmacies label their stuff "Health products" to avoid customs charges.  HMG takes a dim view of people avoiding paying their taxes (unless you're a millionaire of course).  So if customs open the package to check & find it's meds, they impound it & you get a threatening letter.  This has happened to me & I got worried, so I now make sure I use the pharmacies that label properly.  Inhouse does, & Sunshine Pharma if you choose express delivery.

Thanks Molls - As do My drugs basket (s) and Brand Medicines - I have never had anything refused entry for C & E

Regards

Bacman

Molly78

Thanks, Bacman.  However, I still can't see an actual sentence which summarises the fact that it is legal to import a non-controlled prescription only medication from outside the UK for personal use.  I know this is the case & I'm sure I have found it somewhere before, but I really wanted to quote it to @thisperson258 for reassurance.  I just spent some time googling every possible combination of HMRC regulations re prescription drugs & can't find anything except a load of waffle as per your links.  It's messing with my brain!  We all know how OCD we alkies can get & this has occupied a good part of my afternoon.

So.  If you can put up a quote from all that stuff it will set my mind at rest.  It will also make me pretty mad that I couldn't find it myself but that's beside the point.

Baclofenman
10 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

Thanks, Bacman.  However, I still can't see an actual sentence which summarises the fact that it is legal to import a non-controlled prescription only medication from outside the UK for personal use.  I know this is the case & I'm sure I have found it somewhere before, but I really wanted to quote it to @thisperson258 for reassurance.  I just spent some time googling every possible combination of HMRC regulations re prescription drugs & can't find anything except a load of waffle as per your links.  It's messing with my brain!  We all know how OCD we alkies can get & this has occupied a good part of my afternoon.

So.  If you can put up a quote from all that stuff it will set my mind at rest.  It will also make me pretty mad that I couldn't find it myself but that's beside the point.

As with most things Molls, it is not what is written but what is NOT written.....

I suspect, being the type of person I am, that the reason itself why it is not illegal is because while people are buying their own stuff they are not "draining" the NHS budget - thats just me, I am afraid

It is a loophole rather than a "written" fact

I will see if I can find something more concrete than anecdotal, of which there is plenty, when I am back on my laptop while the X-Factor is on tonight!! - Go Honey G lol!!

Best Wishes

Bacman

Molly78

UK Medication Import Regulations

In the UK the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is the governing body who if you enquire will respond with a form letter like this:

There is no requirement for a member of the public to notify the MHRA of the importation of medicines for personal use and the legislation does not restrict such importation. Consequently, we do not issue any form of licence, certificate or authorisation to aid personal importation. We consider personal use to involve the use of the products by you or your immediate family or household; under such importation you must not sell or supply imported medicines onward as this would be considered placing the product onto the market.

Please note that up to a 3 month supply of a medicine is considered to be an acceptable quantity for personal use, HM Revenue and Customs can prevent importation if large quantities are being imported and/or they have suspicions that the product is not being imported for personal use. There is more information on the HM Revenue and Customs website at the link below:

That's all I could find - & the link when you click on it says "prohibited".

Brilliant.  Like they don't want you to know it's legal.

But it is.

Ne1

@thisperson258, I agree with the others that, generally speaking, online meds are safe and consistent. I haven't heard otherwise in years. Good luck and keep us posted! 

Baclofenman
7 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

I will see if I can find something more concrete than anecdotal, of which there is plenty, when I am back on my laptop while the X-Factor is on tonight!! - Go Honey G lol!!

Well after watching the phenomena that is Honey G, I failed to find anything official, so I guess it is like I said before, more like what is not written than what is

The closest thing I could get to was the email below from You will need register or log in to read this content - Of course it could be fake but it is well documented on the net....

Regards

Bacman

EDIT: @Ne1 - I see you have reached the rank of "Posting God" - Congratulations....

Edited by Baclofenman
  • Like 1

thisperson258

Wow you guys have gone above and beyond the call of duty haha :)

Interesting reading.

However this still doesn't factor in the psychoactive substances bill which if you read it is very draconian and has made anything which has any psychoactive effect illegal.

Though maybe prescription drugs wouldn't apply.

Anyhow I would like to think with all the budget cuts across the board that has the upshot of them not wanting to waste money such issues. I guess customs is no different.

And Molly why do you disrecommend wellbutrim? It is lauded by loads of people who use it in america and has been around a long time. They are not totally backward so I think it is just a politics/chance thing why it wasn't approved here. Sometimes effective treatments aren't approved in different countries it doesn't necessarily speak to their efficacy or lack thereof.

Anyway I doubt Ill try it anytime soon as it's way too expensive :)

Im glad Ive spoken to you guys who are successful online pharma users because when I started out it was a very mysterious and forboding realm :). Now after doing my research I see the common propanganda is, like usual, not the whole truth.

Edited by thisperson258
  • Like 1

Ne1
13 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

EDIT: @Ne1 - I see you have reached the rank of "Posting God" - Congratulations....

:) 'bout time, wasn't it? xx

• Like 1

Molly78
19 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Well after watching the phenomena that is Honey G, I failed to find anything official, so I guess it is like I said before, more like what is not written than what is

The closest thing I could get to was the email below from You will need register or log in to read this content - Of course it could be fake but it is well documented on the net....

Regards

Bacman

Ha!  I kept finding the letter to Mrs Turner as well!  It's from a lawyer, so I guess we can take his reading of HMRC rules as valid.

Interesting as I felt sure I had read something in an official document, but now I think what I remember reading was stuff about the labelling of packages - there's loads of rules about that, all of them available in detail from HMRC.

• Like 1

thisperson258

Second try at goldpharma, second refusal. This time I filled the questionairre out fully and put alcoholism saying I already went through treatment with my doctor.

The reason for refusal is 'invald data in request' or something.

Maybe it is because I put the name as 'the occupant' that is all I can think of now. I put it like that because I preferred not to give them my real name.

Brand meds still pending.

So it is either 3rd time lucky with goldharma or give the overseas ones a shot. I noticed the physician was the same name as before so if doing it a third time I think it is gonna be ringing alarm bells if it hadnt already.

Edited by thisperson258
  • Like 1

thisperson258

Hey guys so finally I am approved on goldpharma. It was because I didn't put my name in the address field.

Ok now I am worrying about something else :P does the packaging have 'prescription medication' on the outer packaging for all to see?

I have a concierge at my building who I know quite well and I really don't want her to see that.

I also used a prepay card which was not in my name (not a stolen one honest!) since I am paranoid about identity theft.

The thing is if a parcel won't fit through the letter box then my concierge has to take it and I have to pick it up from her in person! She knows my name so if there is a package that is NOT in my name AND has 'medication' on the package how am I going to explain that away? We often make some smalltalk so I don't know how I will answer if she questions me? Need to get my story right because this could prove to be an embarrasing situation if not handled correctly!

Edited by thisperson258
  • Like 1

Ne1
9 minutes ago, thisperson258 said:

Ok now I am worrying about something else :P does the packaging have 'prescription medication' on the outer packaging for all to see?

... how am I going to explain that away? We often make some smalltalk so I don't know how I will answer if she questions me? ...

thisperson258

A quote and no reply ?

I got a customer service response from goldpharma saying they will deliver in blank envelopes. So that is good to hear. Now what is a good excuse for being in a different name? since she knows my full name and knows I live alone.

• Like 1