Admin2

Baclofen Short Questionnaire

Admin2

Baclofen Questionnaire

Whether baclofen worked for you or not, we want to know all about it. Do you consider your experience with baclofen a success or a failure? Did you have side effects ? The information we gather will be consolidated to give newcomers and physicians an idea of protocols people have used and how it worked out.

Please answer these questions:

1.     Success or failure ?

2.     How long did it take?

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day?

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ?

5.     At what times did you take your doses?

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate?

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day?

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure?

9.     List and rate your side effects on the scale below. Also note if side effects diminished after time or at difference dosages.           

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

c)     Uncomfortable but not handicapping

d)    Handicapping (vertigo, nausea, vomiting, sweating, somnolence, insomnia)

e)     Debilitating (not being able to work or perform tasks and/or having to decrease the intake of baclofen)

f)     Abandoned treatment due to side effects

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen?

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol?

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much?

If you are new to baclofen and want more information, or you are a physician who is interested in prescribing baclofen, please see  You will need register or log in to read this content  for more information.

• Like 1

time2quit

1:  success

2:  immediate

3:  60mg and 900 mg of gabapentin

4:  went all out

5:  morning afternoon and night

6:  stayed the same

7:  see # 3

8:  no

9:  somnolence

10:  20-25 drinks a day

11:  all day

12:  No

• Like 3

phoenix
On 2/13/2016 at 6:56 PM, Admin2 said:

Baclofen Questionnaire

Whether baclofen worked for you or not, we want to know all about it. Do you consider your experience with baclofen a success or a failure? Did you have side effects ? The information we gather will be consolidated to give newcomers and physicians an idea of protocols people have used and how it worked out.

1.     Success or failure ? Failure

2.     How long did it take? Tried 4 months

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day?20mg

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? Up to 280mg/day within 6 weeks

5.     At what times did you take your doses?Spread out during day

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day?0mg

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure? Rapid taper - I couldn't bear any more

9.     List and rate your side effects on the scale below. Also note if side effects diminished after time or at difference dosages.           

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

e)     Debilitating (not being able to work or perform tasks and/or having to decrease the intake of baclofen)Yes

f)     Abandoned treatment due to side effectsYes

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen?30 units per session 1-5 sessions per week

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol?late morning, afternoon, evening and if already drinking mornings

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much?Was not on any other medication

If you are new to baclofen and want more information, or you are a physician who is interested in prescribing baclofen, please see You will need register or log in to read this content for more information.

• Like 2

Mentium

Baclofen Questionnaire

1.     Success or failure ? Stopped drinking for a period, started to drink again one month after stopping baclofen (actually stopped drinking to reduce the SEs and then stopped taking the bac)

2.     How long did it take? About 3 months

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? 5

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? About 5 mg every two to three days

5.     At what times did you take your doses? Spaced out throughout the day but in the end bunched a bit more towards the evening

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate? N/A

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day? Nil

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure?  Yes

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

c)     Uncomfortable but not handicapping (somewhere between C and D really)

e)     Debilitating (not being able to work or perform tasks and/or having to decrease the intake of baclofen)

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen? 1.5 bottles of wine every evening

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol? Mid evening

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much? No

Just to add for those new to this, that my personal experience was a difficult one. I found managing the titration, buying and ensuring a reliable supply and the side effects on top of that just too much to handle

If you are new to baclofen and want more information, or you are a physician who is interested in prescribing baclofen, please see  You will need register or log in to read this content  for more information.

• Like 4

Ne1

Baclofen Questionnaire

1.     Success or failure ? Success

2.     How long did it take? 4 months, almost to the day

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? To be continued, because I'm going to have to look that up...

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ?

5.     At what times did you take your doses?

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day?

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure?

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen?

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol?

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much?

I WILL FINISH THIS VERY SOON! :$

• Like 2

Felina

1.     Success or failure ?  Success

2.     How long did it take? Two months to the day

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? 5 mg I believe

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? Per Dr. Levin's titration schedule: 20 mg once a week

5.     At what times did you take your doses? I believe 3-4 times a day

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate? Yes, way too fast. I stayed at my switch dose for a couple of weeks then rapidly went down to 80 mgs/day and relapsed

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day? 140 mgs/day

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure? Yes, then went back up to 120, then 140

9.     List and rate your side effects on the scale below. Also note if side effects diminished after time or at difference dosages.           

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

c)     Uncomfortable but not handicapping Uncomfortabe but tolerable. My worst side effects were dizziness and nausea after my weekly titration up. Honestly, a lot of my side effects were downright pleasant - I remember a good deal of euphoria and strange (but not horrible) dreams. I was lucky in that regard. Listening to music was amazing during that time; I miss that

d)    Handicapping (vertigo, nausea, vomiting, sweating, somnolence, insomnia)

e)     Debilitating (not being able to work or perform tasks and/or having to decrease the intake of baclofen)

f)     Abandoned treatment due to side effects

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen? In the months before starting bac I was averaging 8 beers a night. I had previously drank up to a case of beer a day or more (ugh)

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol? Sometimes upon first waking - by the time I started bac I had gotten it under "control" but I still would hit the bottle by 5 pm

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much? I had thankfully weaned myself off benzos before starting baclofen

Edited by Felina
Clarity
  • Like 2

Miranda212

1.     Success or failure ? Success

2.     How long did it take? Several weeks

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? 30, 60, 90, 120

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? Varied

5.     At what times did you take your doses? 7, 11, 2, 6

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate?

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day? 120-160

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure? no

9.     List and rate your side effects on the scale below. Also note if side effects diminished after time or at difference dosages.           

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable Blurred vision, muscle weakness, swelling

c)     Uncomfortable but not handicapping Insomnia, sedation

d)    Handicapping (vertigo, nausea, vomiting, sweating, somnolence, insomnia)

e)     Debilitating (not being able to work or perform tasks and/or having to decrease the intake of baclofen)

f)     Abandoned treatment due to side effects

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen? Sober for four years, one contained 5-week relapse

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol? I didn't.

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much?

If you are new to baclofen and want more information, or you are a physician who is interested in prescribing baclofen, please see  You will need register or log in to read this content  for more information.

You will need register or log in to read this content
  • Like 2

Lostinspace

Baclofen Questionnaire

1.     Success or failure ? Success

2.     How long did it take? About 15 months (mostly because I didn’t titrate up smoothly the way I should have)

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? I think I started with 15 mg/day (5 mg, three times a day)

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? My titration was very quick in the beginning, painfully slow for most of it, got stalled for several months, then went fairly quickly again towards the end as I raced up in dose towards indifference.

5.     At what times did you take your doses? My times varied, but were always four times a day once I got up to 80 mg (I think?). I currently take my doses (unevenly) at 5:50 am, 12:00 pm, 5:00 pm, and 9:30 pm. I take a fairly large dose to start the day, two mega doses at noon and 5:00, then a tiny, baby dose at 9:30.

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate? I have not yet started to titrate down, but probably will soon (been indifferent for about six months)

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day? 360 mg

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure? Not yet.

9.     List and rate your side effects on the scale below. Also note if side effects diminished after time or at difference dosages. None, or weak. I only remember having side effects when I titrated up quickly from 275 mg to 360 mg. Everything has since disappeared except for sleep apnea, which only seems to bother my husband - I’m fine with it so long as I keep breathing and wake up the next morning - ha!          

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen? I was drinking about a liter and a half of vodka a day and drank all day, every day

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol? I always had cravings prior to staring on bac.

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much? No.

Edited by Lostinspace
  • Like 3

terryk

Baclofen Questionnaire

1.     Success or failure ? Success @280mg/day - September 2010

2.     How long did it take? 6+ months

3.     When you started baclofen, how many milligrams did you take per day? 20mg/day

4.     How quickly and at what rate did you increase your dosage ? Month 1: 20-105mg/day, month 2: 105-150mg/day, month 3: 155-235!-80-155mg/day, month 4: 155-215mg/day, month 5: 215-260mg/day, month 6: 260-280mg/day

5.     At what times did you take your doses? Even doses spread out evenly in the day work best for me - 8am/1pm/7pm/11:30pm

6.     If you were successful, did you titrate down? At what rate? Yes. @280 for 2 months, than 240 for a few months then 220 @1 year, 200 @2 years, 200 @3 years, 180 @4 years, 160 @5 years

7.     What is your current baclofen dose per day? 160mg/day

8.     Did you reduce your dose after success/failure? Yes, reduced arfter success

a)     None, or weak

b)    Bearable

c)     Uncomfortable but not handicapping -  edema, respiratory depression, sleep apnea,visual/auditory disturbances

d)    Handicapping (vertigo, nausea, vomiting, sweating, somnolence, insomnia) - Somnolence, insomnia, depression, hypomania (2 instances),parathesia/shocks to hands/fingers

10.  How much and how often did you drink before you began treatment with baclofen? After my 2nd inpatient detox, I abstained for 5 months before beginning treatment. I fell off the wagon ~2 months into  my titration (convincing myself that alcohol would help me sleep/cope with side-effects), Before that detox I was drinking 15-25+ US units a day.

11.  What time of the day did you have cravings for alcohol? Evenings/weekends before constant withdrawal made it 24/7.

12.  During your treatment, did you reduce any other medications (for example, benzodiazepines or antidepressants). If ‘yes’, which and how much? No

Edited by terryk
  • Like 3