denise12

Hi.. I'm broken, I need help!!

denise12

Hi!! I'm new to this forum. I desperately need some advice.

It’s been 6 months since my breakup and I still didn’t overcome it. The worst part is he moved on with his life. I saw him last week with his new girlfriend. I was shattered and I couldn’t control my emotions. After my breakup, I started using alcohol to get relief from the pain but I think now I’m addicted to it. Two days back I went for a date. I was complete drunk and started to create problems. He dropped me at my place and my friends are very much impressed by his action. They asked me to move on with my life and start afresh with John. But I don’t have any feelings for him. I want to be myself, need to enjoy my life, for that first thing I’m going to do is to stop my drinking habit. I can’t do it myself as I'm completely depending on it for my relief. So I’m planning to go to rehab. After that, we are planning for a short vacation. I hope everything will be fine. Please do share some tips. Next time when I meet my ex I should be able to talk with him casually. Please help me!!safe. I don't want to take any risks. Thanks!!   

• Like 2

Molly78

Welcome @denise12.  Afraid I don't have any wise words about relationships or rehabs!  I have ended my alcohol addiction (which was much longer than yours) by means of baclofen, self prescribed & bought via the internet.

On 4/8/2017 at 10:40 AM, denise12 said:

we are planning for a short vacation.

When you say "we" it sounds like you have some good friends to support you?  I hope so anyway.

• Like 2

Missykc

denise12,

i I also got myself straightened out with baclofen. I was a mess with relationships when I drank. Once I stopped drinking like a fool I learned that I knew little about being in a relationship. 

My my advice would be to get sober and then take some time with yourself before getting involved. Good luck!

• Like 2

empyr3al
On 4/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, denise12 said:

Hi!! I'm new to this forum. I desperately need some advice.

It’s been 6 months since my breakup and I still didn’t overcome it. The worst part is he moved on with his life. I saw him last week with his new girlfriend. I was shattered and I couldn’t control my emotions. After my breakup, I started using alcohol to get relief from the pain but I think now I’m addicted to it. Two days back I went for a date. I was complete drunk and started to create problems. He dropped me at my place and my friends are very much impressed by his action. They asked me to move on with my life and start afresh with John. But I don’t have any feelings for him. I want to be myself, need to enjoy my life, for that first thing I’m going to do is to stop my drinking habit. I can’t do it myself as I'm completely depending on it for my relief. So I’m planning to go to rehab. After that, we are planning for a short vacation. I hope everything will be fine. Please do share some tips. Next time when I meet my ex I should be able to talk with him casually. Please help me!!safe. I don't want to take any risks. Thanks!!   

I'm about 8 months out of my marriage.  I am still totally in love with her and her daughter.  The wierd part is that sobriety brings emotions.  We can mute them for a bit with alcohol or other meds.  But we have to face facts.  Rehab is a questionable thing; do your research.  Choose CBT or AA based.  I'd lean towards CBT but its all personal choice.  Anything you choose I will be around to give you a head up.  I have done 3 types of rehabs.  One completely AA inhouse; no contact.  One a mix of AA CBT and you could leave unless you had a class, so you could maintain family.  Another was day treatment all CBT.  It might take the sum of them to get the ability to take a day treatment course because the liquor store was 2 minutes walk away.  The discipline was learned over a very long time.   I recommend forums if you are a techy; otherwise AA if you are not a typer.   :)  Wish you the best.

empyr3al

I slip still once in a while.  Remember a slip is not permanent.  It was a mistake that you will learn to regret in rehabs or even outside of them.  Actually we all know it.  You learn to be conscious of it and move forward.  You coming to the forum is considered the first step in AA and a huge step.  So choose wisely. :)