The End of my Addiction
nancy_knapp

Hi.. Need tips to quit marijuana!

nancy_knapp

Hello folks!! I'm looking for help and support. I'm not able to stop smoking marijuana. I have been using it for the past 5 years. Initially, I smoked quarter a day and now it has increased to 3 times a day.

I tried to quit cold turkey but couldn't do it and I was so frustrated and depressed. I think I won't be able to stop using it without any help. So I'm planning to undergo drug treatment from a clinic in Vancouver. Has anyone here undergone such treatments? How was your experience with it? Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!!             

• Like 1

Ne1

Hi, Nancy. Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated response. It's been quiet here lately. 

I went to treatment for alcohol. It was extremely helpful to get the time away from daily stressors, with pretty strict discipline and for maintaining absolute abstinence. It wasn't my first time in treatment, and I didn't expect or get any miracles. I did learn a lot more than I thought I would.

I consider it a good way to 'jump start' recovery, not a permanent solution. The other things I use as tools are medication, peer support, and an attempt to exercise and meditate regularly. With rather less success on the latter two than I'd like to admit. 

Hope your experience is a good one, and that the post-rehab plans are in place before you leave. Those are, in my humble opinion, as or more important than rehab itself. 

• Like 2