The End of my Addiction
cheeto

Going to start Bac today?

empyr3al

The memory lose is uniquely annoying and far from blame you for giving up.  Maybe you might join discussions about how we should better look at addiction and not just turn around and run?

cheeto

Good morning everyone and for those in Canada Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I am off the Bac and on 300 mg of Gabapentin 3 times a day= 900 mg Total per day

I also have found that in past years I am drinking and eating way too fast so I am now being very mindful of the how I eat and especially drink.

I have found that if I just kinda sip or just take a small amount of wine on my tongue I enjoy it better and have not drank to excess the last few nights. I usually drink 1 1/2 bottles of wine a night but have only given permission for myself to have 2 glasses of 8 oz of wine= 16 oz. Where on 2 nights I only drank like 4 oz of the last glass of wine so I think I will push it back to 2 X 6 oz of wine= 12 oz a night cause that is really what a glass of wine is classified as.

I also am hoping that eating small bites and chewing well before another bite and eating slowly will help me lose some weight along with starting to exercise more?

Anyway I am feeling much better taking just the Gabapentin and sleeping better as when I was taking the Bac I felt horrible and could not function or sleep properly.

Hoping you all have a nice Sunday! :hug:

• Like 2

cheeto

Yay, in the last 5 days I have not had more than 20 oz of wine a night and a few nights only 16 oz. I am making sure whenever I can I measure my wine but when I go out I will just have to eye it.

I have not been able to have less than 1 1/2 bottles of wine a night in years so this is huge. I am taking 300 mg of Gabapentin 3 X a day and find that I get very tired by about 9-10pm so just go to bed and leave wine in my glass if I ever pour more! :sorcerer:

Edited by cheeto
  • Like 2

Molly78

Well done, @cheeto !  Not sure how much 20 oz is (? a bit less than a bottle) but any consistent reduction feels really good!

Keep it up.

StuckinLA
10 hours ago, Molly78 said:

Well done, @cheeto !  Not sure how much 20 oz is (? a bit less than a bottle) but any consistent reduction feels really good!

Keep it up.

It's I think about 3 standard glasses, just over. A restaurant pour (I believe) is 6 oz, a guiness sized pint glass is 20 oz

• Like 1