Flixy

Hi, I'm new!

Flixy

Hi everyone, my friend Daybreak introduced me to this forum. I'm a 52 year old woman. I'm a heavy drinker who doesn't know when to stop. I've drank all of my adult life and want to be in control now. I hate waking in the morning not remembering going to bed the night before. I'm originally from the UK but now live in Perth, Australia. How lucky am I??? I'm booking an appointment with Dr Connor when the surgery opens today. I'll keep you posted with my progress.

• Like 2

Baclofenman
12 hours ago, Flixy said:

I'm originally from the UK but now live in Perth, Australia. How lucky am I??? 

Very.....Apart from the weather you have;

You will need register or log in to read this content - Where I believe your native country have not defeated the Aussies since the 70's and as I pointed out to your friend,

You will need register or log in to read this content

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

StuckinLA
On 9/12/2017 at 7:07 AM, Flixy said:

Oh the weather is crap, it was only 17 degrees on this early spring day haha!!

Is that.... cold? Us dumb yanks and Fahrenheit, you know... Anyway, welcome!

empyr3al

@StuckinLA

32f is 0c 212f of 100c  Frozen vs water boil.  So about 62.8f with a calculator... my guess was 65f as in Canada we are used to using both and get a little bit of a clue to how close through practice.  The actual formula is:

To convert temperatures in degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit, multiply by 1.8 (or 9/5) and add 32

Australians and the rest of the Celsius world don't really practice as much as Canadians do or estimate so the calculation is unnecessary.

@Flixy, Welcome!

• Like 1

empyr3al

@Flixy if Bac fails you, don't give up.  There are options.  For me I could not get Bac in high dose so I went Gabapentin (Neurontin) with my switch.

Edited by empyr3al
tag