The End of my Addiction
Heather

Newbie. Trying TSM. So far unsuccessfully

Heather

Hello, 

Thank you for the forum. I hope I will find the information and help that I need here. 

I have been using TSM for a week now. I take 50mg 1 hr before drinking, poured a glass of wine and immediately feel the warmth and good feeling that makes me want to pour another glass... and another... by the end of the evening the bottle of wine is gone and I'm debating opening another. This happens to me every time I take Naltrexone (and when I don't). The medicine has had zero effect on the endorphines I receive from drinking. Has anyone else experienced this? By all accounts people say it curbs their drinking, but I honestly feel no difference. Any suggestions? I was really hoping that this would help me. Other attemps to stop or curb drinking have failed. Anyhow, thank you for listening and hopefully responding. I look forward to learning from all of you. 

Nicnak

Hi Heather and welcome 

I tried naltrexone and the first week it really well and couldn't Finnish a glass of wine but after that it was back to normal.This I know is the honeymoon period.Strange that it had no effect at all in the beginning.

Anyway I didn't try it for long enough to know if it would work long term as I felt ill and very out of sorts all the time and very very down.

I have now gone back to titrating up in baclofen as I've had success twice before but for one reason and another I lost my switch.

Good luck and keep us posted

Heather

Thank you for your reply, nicnak. Some say I just need to keep at it and take nal 1 hr before drinking no matter what and in months I'll see changes. I hope this is the case. Sometimes I feel a bit of nausea. But I haven't noticed much else. I still feel the warm glow of alcohol. Perhaps I should look into baclofen. Keep working on your success. It sounds like you've been able to do it before, thus you can again. ?

cheeto

It can take some people way more time like 1-2 years and that is why I stuck with it for almost 3 years but unfortunately for me I was one of the few it does not work for!