Jump to content
satchel

Just Starting - Super Tired

Recommended Posts

satchel

Hello everyone,

 

I've researched TSM and Baclofen for about 8 months now. I decided to go with the bac. I'm on day two of 10 a day. I ordered from an online pharmacy in India since I've used them for years to order retinol. So I was already familiar with the company.

 

Super tired. I know I've read the body will soon start to get used to the drug. Even though I'm only on day two, it's helped me sleep which is a good thing. But sometimes these intense waives of fatigue are overwhelming

 

I'm looking forward to putting this whole wine culture behind me. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a glass with certain meals, but I'm tired of feeling like I need to pour myself a glass everyday after work.

 

Do you know anyone who had cravings go away under 100 mg? I've read a few instances, but really have no first hand accounts. 

 

Thank you and I hope it works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StuckinLA

Hi @satchel and welcome. Not sure who all's here on this forum from the old MyWayOut. We could use a roll-call thread or something. But anyway, if under 100 the switch will probably be around 90. That wasn't my case, and hopefully others can pop in and share their experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molly78

Welcome @satchel !

What time of day are you taking the 10 mg?  And are you still drinking?  I know a lot of people keep drinking until they reach "the switch", but alcohol + bac makes the SE a lot worse, especially the drowsiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baclofenman
1 hour ago, satchel said:

Do you know anyone who had cravings go away under 100 mg? I've read a few instances, but really have no first hand accounts. 

Anecdotally, the switch or indifference whatever you wish to call it tends to occur in accordance with the amount of alcohol you are used to consuming. How much do you swallow at a sitting?

1 hour ago, satchel said:

Super tired. I know I've read the body will soon start to get used to the drug. Even though I'm only on day two, it's helped me sleep which is a good thing. But sometimes these intense waives of fatigue are overwhelming

You need to try to fight through it - The sleeping at night is a GOOD thing

1 hour ago, satchel said:

I'm looking forward to putting this whole wine culture behind me. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a glass with certain meals, but I'm tired of feeling like I need to pour myself a glass everyday after work.

I would suggest this is a matter of routine change. Baclofen can help you with this, however I would not recommend drinking when you do not have the urge against your will to do so.

1 hour ago, StuckinLA said:

We could use a roll-call thread or something. 

 Yo Stuckers!

53 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

but alcohol + bac makes the SE a lot worse

Yup!

@satchel

Are you following the You will need register or log in to read this content? There is a later one but I don't have a copy in my library.

Regards,

 

 

Bacman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
2 hours ago, StuckinLA said:

Hi @satchel and welcome. Not sure who all's here on this forum from the old MyWayOut. We could use a roll-call thread or something. But anyway, if under 100 the switch will probably be around 90. That wasn't my case, and hopefully others can pop in and share their experiences.

Thank you for the kind welcome. Ok, so it seems like I will have to keep going and slowly work my way up. I know last night I couldn't finish the small glass of wine I poured. It was about 1 inch. So I'm thinking placebo affect. I'm not sure I'll know a lot until I'm a few weeks into it. The tiredness was a shock. But then again, I've always had sleep problems so this could be good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
2 hours ago, Molly78 said:

Welcome @satchel !

What time of day are you taking the 10 mg?  And are you still drinking?  I know a lot of people keep drinking until they reach "the switch", but alcohol + bac makes the SE a lot worse, especially the drowsiness.

I'm taking half the 10 around 5 PM and the other half around 10 PM. I'm an after work drinker. So I did take a few sips of wine yesterday. I've read that some do and some don't continue drinking at least a little when they start. Thank you for the welcome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baclofenman
Just now, satchel said:

I'm taking half the 10 around 5 PM and the other half around 10 PM. I'm an after work drinker. So I did take a few sips of wine yesterday. I've read that some do and some don't continue drinking at least a little when they start. Thank you for the welcome!

Most people are drinking when they start Baclofen. AFAIK, no Baclofen tablets are scored therefore they are not designed to be halved. i am not a pharmacist but I would not expect you will get an equal dose splitting tablets not designed to be split, especially without a specialist tool

Please read the prescription guide I posted before, IMO this is a vital tool to success 

Regards

 

Bacman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
1 hour ago, Baclofenman said:

Anecdotally, the switch or indifference whatever you wish to call it tends to occur in accordance with the amount of alcohol you are used to consuming. How much do you swallow at a sitting?

You need to try to fight through it - The sleeping at night is a GOOD thing

I would suggest this is a matter of routine change. Baclofen can help you with this, however I would not recommend drinking when you do not have the urge against your will to do so.

 Yo Stuckers!

Yup!

@satchel

Are you following the You will need register or log in to read this content? There is a later one but I don't have a copy in my library.

Regards,

 

 

Bacman

I'm following this: A_prescription_guide_for_baclofen_in_Alc

I'll read the link you posted.

I'm used to consuming half a bottle of wine an evening. I'm an evening drinker so after work and until 1-2 AM. You are right, I definitely won't fight the sleep. Last night was the first night in a loooong time I went to sleep before 1 AM!

As stated above, I've read conflicting things about continuing drinking with bac and not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
4 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Most people are drinking when they start Baclofen. AFAIK, no Baclofen tablets are scored therefore they are not designed to be halved. i am not a pharmacist but I would not expect you will get an equal dose splitting tablets not designed to be split, especially without a specialist tool

Please read the prescription guide I posted before, IMO this is a vital tool to success 

Regards

 

Bacman

Ok, that's interesting. Hopefully I can find info where I read about splitting tablets. I read about lowering dosages where the author says to take 5mg. Tablets only come in 10 and 25 AFAIK. So one would have to split them. I use a pill cutter. I'll see how it goes. I don't feel like taking the whole 10 mg at once. I'd rather split it over the few hours when I normally drink. Reading the guide now. Thank you!!

Edit: I just checked. My tablets do come with the scorned line down the middle.

Edited by satchel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baclofenman
19 hours ago, satchel said:

Edit: I just checked. My tablets do come with the scorned line down the middle.

Great - What make are they? Although not medically qualified I would be inclined to stick to 10mg oral Baclofen and increase this every four days

19 hours ago, satchel said:

As stated above, I've read conflicting things about continuing drinking with bac and not. 

Ideally you would not want to be drinking but unfortunately this is not usually possible. Drinking while taking Baclofen is likely to increase the severity of the side effects - The idea is to keep titrating on Baclofen until you reach an indifference

If the anecdotal evidence is correct, I would expect to see some indifference prior to 100mg oral daily based on a consumption of half a bottle of wine a day. There appears to be a correlation between consumption and indifference intake, although as far as I am aware this is unproven

You will need register or log in to read this content - Read down - (Fuck, @Mom2JTx3 that was a lot of booze)

Regards

 

Bacman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baclofenman

Oh yes,

19 hours ago, satchel said:

I'm following this: A_prescription_guide_for_baclofen_in_Alc

You will need register or log in to read this content? - In which case this is an article based on the You will need register or log in to read this contentI posted in an earlier thread with some adaptations following anecdotal consultation with "expert patients" in France. My jury is out with this article because although it does contain some more useful information it does make some suggestions (especially regarding titration) that i would expect would be applicable to the minority rather than the majority and i would like to encourage people to a titration *I* know works, which is the 10mg increase every 3 or 4 days

But - as I said before, I am not medically qualified!!

Regards,

 

Bacman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Molly78

@satchel the pill cutter will give you an accurate division whether the tabs are scored or not, so don't worry.  Sounds like your wine consumption has already reduced, so hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKendall

As far as hitting the switch early, wasn't it Red from MWO who did that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
On 1/4/2018 at 10:19 AM, Baclofenman said:

Great - What make are they? Although not medically qualified I would be inclined to stick to 10mg oral Baclofen and increase this every four days

Ideally you would not want to be drinking but unfortunately this is not usually possible. Drinking while taking Baclofen is likely to increase the severity of the side effects - The idea is to keep titrating on Baclofen until you reach an indifference

If the anecdotal evidence is correct, I would expect to see some indifference prior to 100mg oral daily based on a consumption of half a bottle of wine a day. There appears to be a correlation between consumption and indifference intake, although as far as I am aware this is unproven

You will need register or log in to read this content - Read down - (Fuck, @Mom2JTx3 that was a lot of booze)

Regards

 

Bacman

 

The ones I ordered are Liofen from all day chemist. In fact, I should probably make another order soon so I don't run out. Once I reach my indifference point, then I will know how to calculate better amount needed in future.

That's a good poll. When I started, I did wonder if the amount one drank during the day or evening had to do with the amount of Baclofen to reach indifference. I guess I shall see. Now I'm up to 20 for the past 3 days. Will make the switch to 30 hopefully soon. Did you lose weight after baclofen? I can't remember after reading this, but was your choice of drink white wine? I remember when I did the white wine phase, it piled on the weight.

Edited by satchel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satchel
On 1/5/2018 at 11:47 AM, Molly78 said:

@satchel the pill cutter will give you an accurate division whether the tabs are scored or not, so don't worry.  Sounds like your wine consumption has already reduced, so hang in there!

Thank you. I was doing a whole bottle an evening 1.5 years ago. Then I started drinking kava in the evenings and it went down to half. But I'm still stuck there. I may go back to kava. But I got to the point of no longer liking the taste.

I'm at 20 now and I've noticed my muscles relaxing. Maybe too much. I started coughing when eating dinner and drinking water. I think my esophagus relaxed too much lol. If that's possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mom2JTx3

@satchel  Hi and welcome!  I split my pills while titrating without Ill effect.  If SEs were bad, I would go up 5mg per week sometimes. There are so many different responses that ymmv no matter what.  

I think it’s a great sign that you’re already seeing a decrease in desire.  Although you can drink while titrating (I did) if you don’t have to, you may get a better and faster result if you don’t?  I would certainly give it a try :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×