Felina

Checking in - February 2018

Felina

A long-overdue February checking in thread! I apologize for my absence around here. I've been busy living and working and traveling. It's been too long since I've been very active around these parts and I apologize.

What's new for everyone this month?

Mom2JTx3

Hello all. How is everyone?  @Jetsman32, I’m so happy to hear the your taper is going well and you have no urge to drink.  I think that abstaining all togetherr gives us the best possible chance of beating this for good.

i have tapered successfully from 310mg to 120mg. I now take only what my doctor will prescribe so no supplementing from other sources anymore! :)  I have noticed a minor craving once or twice so am sitting at this level for awhile. I would like to get off completely though. My new role at work is extremely challenging and I think my brain off of Baclofen is better than my brain on it.  OR maybe I’m just older now and don’t have the brain power that I use to!

I hope everyone has a good week.  I’m traveling out west where it’s warm and sunny so am looking forward to getting away from this snow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

StuckinLA

Hello all. Hope we're doing well. Not much new here, just working and hanging with the girl. Went out to a couple nice dinners for Valentine's day, or week, or whatever. Actually quite a few sit-down dinners lately. Man, that's getting expensive. 

Pretty light week coming up, two of my three classes are pretty much on autopilot between now and spring break. So trying to use the extra time productively. We shall see how that goes :D 

It's awesome that you're down to just your prescription, @Mom2JTx3.

• Like 1

Molly78

I am now starting to taper down from 200 mg.  The caffeine problem postponed this for a while - constantly feeling jittery made tapering down difficult.  Have started again last week, going down 10 mg a week - tomorrow down to 180 mg.

I want to be lime @Mom2JTx3 & exist on my script from GP, which is only 60 mg at the moment.  Might have a go at getting it put up again - I think max recommended dose for adults in UK is 100 mg.  GP thinks they are prescribing for muscle spasm in the back.

On a different topic - anyone heard from @Ne1 recently?

• Like 1

StuckinLA

I have not heard from @Ne1, sadly. She hasn't logged on in like 2 months. I sent her a text message last night, but she hasn't responded - not sure I have a current phone number for her, actually. 

MJM

Hi all, just a quick hello. I’m still sober at 150mg p/day, only have had cravings once since my last drink nearly 2 months ago. I am less prone to depression this time around - I think - because I am exercising. I’m not super organised or regimented about it, but if 3-4 days go by and I haven’t been on the exercise bike I really feel it. 

Another benefit of exercise is not just staving off depression but actually feeling that pit of the stomach excitement or well being occasionally. 

I started to knuckle down and get organised with work about 3 weeks ago and I am starting to really feel really tired from it. I don’t think I have worked as hard for a long time and I’m recognising now that I need to back off a bit. I’m trying to do too much too soon. Any way, this week I can stay at home mostly writing up the stuff I have been doing out on the road the last few weeks, so that will be easier on my worn out brain and body.

I tried going for a jog this morning and it really emphasised how much my smoking is affecting my fitness. I am starting to think about giving up again. I’m noticing too just how much time I waste smoking, especially on those days where I have been flat-out. I popped a nicotine lozenge a few times to deal with the cravings rather than pull up on the side of the road to have a puff.

I too have been wondering about Ne. I hope that she’s okay.

• Like 1