lee

alcohol and baclofen

lee

Hi All

I'm new to this and to baclofen, can anyone please tell me can you still drink alcohol on baclofen while building it up in your system ? if so what happens, and does anyone now drink on social occasions while on baclofen long term?

Many thanks

Felina

Hi Lee,

Sorry it's been so quiet in here.

Yes, you can continue to drink while building up your baclofen dosage. In my experience on these boards, most people do drink when they're titrating up. However, you will have a much easier time if you can possibly abstain. Most people experience horrible hangovers and, often, severe side effects when they drink on baclofen.

Some people can continue to drink socially after achieving indifference, but a lot of other people struggle. If you reach indifference and then set out to get drunk on a regular basis, you will almost certainly lose your indifference.

• Like 1

StuckinLA

Yes and yes. Most people drink on the way up, though it's much much easier if you avoid drinking. And once indifferent some still have an occasional drink but often you don't really feel like it. It's possible to drink through that and get drunk but that's a tight rope to walk, indifference-wise.