NewChapter

First Month on Nal

NewChapter

Hi all, 

Been searching the net for a forum where you can discuss the ongoing success failure of using Naltexone.

I've just finished my first month with very mixed results.  At first it worked and my volume of consumption quickly shot down, from a bottle of whiskey to glasses , this was happening ona regular basis and the urge to not take the pill was completely gone! 

However after my first time in a social environment and few pints ending up in a full on binge till 4am, I've found it hard to keep my volume down.  Last night was a prime example, i started at 8pm and by 11:00 I'd had 3 glasses, at some point my drinking got faster until i ended up doing nearly the entire bottle.

Did i assume i was fixed, did that night remind me of just how good being drunk can be ? 

Looking for some input if anyone else has been though this while taking Nal, this has to work and i really really want it too.

Thanks

StuckinLA

damn it's quiet here. never tried Nal myself, but I hear it can take several months to fully work, so I wouldn't beat myself up over a long night and most of a bottle. seems like you'd been having pretty good success so far, and if you're not feeling any nausea or anything I say stick with it and stay hopeful.

• Like 1

Mom2JTx3

Just keep going.  From what I’ve heard, it can take months and the time can vary widely, just like it can with baclofen  The fact that you responded  quickly is good news, but it takes awhile to reprogram those circuits. Good luck!  

Edit: You are following the Sinclair method, correct?  If not, see information on this site or here: You will need register or log in to read this content

Edited by Mom2JTx3
  • Like 2