Stevo

Going back to baclofen

Stevo

Hi all, 

Been a while since I have been here and I haven't been taking baclofen for a couple of years. Some people may recall me from MyWayOut, just wondering if there is still a supportive community here. I have been drinking quite a bit since stopping baclofen and am thinking about going back on it. 

Hope to find that there is an active community here. 

Cheers Stevo. 

• Like 1

StuckinLA

Hey @Stevo how are things? Wish I could say the community is active here, but we're pretty stop-and-start lately. 

I check fairly regularly but post only occasionally. Not sure how many people are reading or lurking. But would love for you to join us :D 

• Like 1

Stevo

G'day @StuckinLA glad to see that you're still around and read that you are going so well. I'm going okay other than the drinking which has been pretty full on for the last couple of years now. I stopped taking baclofen when I started choosing to drink after my family broke up,it's been over 2 years now. I am trying to drink less, but being by myself a lot is counter-productive. It's too easy to grab a beer, and then another ad infinitum. I still have baclofen here and I'm sure my GP will prescribe it again, it's just a matter of getting started. I'm sure that there is plenty of lurkers, but sad to see not many contributors. I noticed my post had 15 views when I checked this morning. It's sad to hear that @Ne1 hasn't been around, I remember and contributed to the start up for this website, there were high hopes. I will continue to check in as much as possible, especially if I start taking bac again 😁 Take care and I hope to catch you again soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mom2JTx3

Hi @Stevo  We’re sporadic but supportive :)  Please join us and good luck getting back on track!

• Like 2

guardian

@Stevo

I'm in a similar boat. I've been off high-dose baclofen for 4 years or so now, and wouldn't you know, my drinking continued to get worse. I hit bottom about 3 weeks ago. Family left, lost my job, hospitalization, great times. I had a medically-supervised detox and have been sober since, which has been great, but certainly reminded me why I turned to baclofen in the first place -  I’m a profoundly bad fit for AA, and it’s likely only a matter of time before I start drinking again. I feel awesome, I feel strong, but I’ve felt this way before. I look forward to bitching about side-effects with you.

Edited by guardian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reggie

Stevo

I can recommend this......... it works for me. try it

30 mg Bac 300 mg gabapentin ( which is a low dose)

kills anxiety which i believe is the main reason we drink