MJM

Checking in -- January 2019

MJM

Happy New Year to you all, I hope this year is a happy, contented one for you all.

I am a little sad to see so little support for this site.

Baclofen has wrought a miracle in my life, and I am sure many others.

Yet the majority of alcoholics in the western world are served up a cold dish of AA as their main source or recovery. That has a 5 per cent success rate. Baclofen has upwards of 60 per cent.

Anyway, enough ranting. Just hope that somehow this great site can and will continue, with plenty of input.

Felina

Happy New Year MJM!

I am sad too. This site was never nearly as active as other forums, but during the first year or so it really seemed to be moving in that direction.

Baclofen has been my miracle as well. I really credit it with saving my life.

Thanks for posting! I hope some others will check in as well. 

Babsidibbles

Hi - thank you for your posts.  I am interested in getting some help for my nephew who has a worsening alcohol problem.  I am a recovering alcoholic myself - I got sober through AA, but recognise that the success rate is not very high and some people cannot achieve sobriety through AA.  I came across this website doing research on baclofen, which I have to take for muscle spasms in my back and neck.  I am wondering whether I should direct my nephew towards this website as a way of trying to get help for his problem.  He has previously weaned himself off heroin (several years ago) and marijuana (several months ago).  My main concern is that with his history of addiction, he really needs to get help for deeper issues, but experience tells me there is no point doing therapy while he's still on the booze.  Any advice and experience will be gratefully received.