MichaelM

MikasDad

MichaelM

Hello everyone, I've been following this site for a year now. I never posted before because my life is kinda busy. I feel that since i've been using Baclofen since March of 2018 maybe my experience might help someone. My alcohol problem has been severe since I was 17. I also suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been able to get and stay sober for years at a time in AA and the help of a psychiatrist. However sobriety in AA for me requires total dedication to it. I always end up relapsing even after 3 or 4 years sober. I tried TSM but I just drink right through the pill. Vodka. I would get so sick I couldn't work for a few days. The same with Bac but at least I could stop on my own. In the past I would always have to be hospitalized. I have currently titrated up to 200mg a day and I am indifferent to alcohol. I want to stay here as long as I can but the SE are difficult. My work is seasonal so at the end of Feb I will go back to 10-12 hour days. So I will probably have to titrate down slowly. One hopeful sign is on 1/3 i had not slept for a few days so I drank 1/2 pint to go to sleep. I woke up the next day with no craving for alcohol. That has never happened before. Ever. Not once that I can remember. I have not had a drink or a desire since. So I am very hopeful. Does anyone else have an experience with how long they had to stay at their max dose to achieve indifference? I worry that I should go higher but right now I don't think I could handle it. When i drink I start with 1 pint of vodka and 6-12 beers. Eventually I end up drinking  around the clock. Not anymore,Thanks

• Thanks 1

Missykc

Hi. I got sober with baclofen but didn't titrate very high to reach indifference. Hopefully someone who's had your experience will post soon. 

MichaelM

Yeah, I had to titrate down to 160 because of side effects. Been there for 2 days. So far so good. Thanks

Tony

I'm looking for a provider who will prescribe high dose Baclofen. I'm at 120MG, and am seeing a lot of improvement, but I haven't achieved indifference and I don't think my current provider will go any higher. I live on the West Coast of the United States. I'm willing to travel if that's what it takes.