The End of my Addiction
County Hell

Baclofen Generics

County Hell

Hi everybody,

I have recently started the Baclofen Treatment. I live in a country, where this drug is not available, so I had to use online pharmacies. I noticed that there is not much information about the different generic drugs here (or I didn't search well enough). I received Baclofen Liofen 10 (India) and Baclofen TEVA (UK). I ordered from different providers, to make sure that at least one will arrive (customs can be a pain). I have started with the UK one (looked more professional), however I have two questions:

1) Do you have any experience with these generics, would there be a preference toward using one of these?
2) Since I currently have both, would it be ok to switch from TEVA to Liofen once I am through the first brand, or should I keep ordering and sticking to one brand?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

CH

Edited by County Hell

Mom2JTx3
On 2/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, County Hell said:

Hi everybody,

I have recently started the Baclofen Treatment. I live in a country, where this drug is not available, so I had to use online pharmacies. I noticed that there is not much information about the different generic drugs here (or I didn't search well enough). I received Baclofen Liofen 10 (India) and Baclofen TEVA (UK). I ordered from different providers, to make sure that at least one will arrive (customs can be a pain). I have started with the UK one (looked more professional), however I have two questions:

1) Do you have any experience with these generics, would there be a preference toward using one of these?
2) Since I currently have both, would it be ok to switch from TEVA to Liofen once I am through the first brand, or should I keep ordering and sticking to one brand?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

CH

Hello.  It’s better to stick to one if you can. If you have to switch, gradually phase out of the one and into the other.  I reached indifference on Baclofen dura from gold pharma. .

Tony

I'm wondering about dosage strategy. should I stick to one dosage for a while or keep upping my dosage until I find "indifference" or cannot tolerate the side-effects?

Also, I'm wondering what "indifference" feels like. I just recently reached 210 MG. I feel like I could probably not drink tonight, but that's different to me that not feeling like having a drink.

Unexpectedly, I did not "feel" like drinking caffeine when I hit 90 MG per day. I went three months without caffeine and felt less anxious. I recently had coffee on holiday and enjoyed it, but plan to quit when I get home.

Is that what indifference to alcohol feels like?

Thanks!

County Hell

I have been giving it a try for 2 months now. Dosage went up to 120mg. Never really noticed a big difference by going higher with dosage, no SE either. As consumption and cost would be a matter long-term, I decided to return to a lower dose of 30mg per day. Because no matter the dose, I could tell after the first month, that it really helped with the cravings. I would order only one beer when going out for dinner. I even get to the point where after having 2-3 beers I feel like "that's enough". It used to be the other way around. I'd get "thirstier" after the first 2-3 drinks. I'm still having some relapses (no blackouts though), but I feel like I'm drinking with the brakes on, and the hangovers are terrible (which kind of helps too).
Btw: I also somehow lost interest in drinking coffee. I'm lately drinking more tea actually. I didn't think this had anything to do with Baclofen, but now that you mentioned it.. Quite interesting.

Tony

Thank you. I have reduced my drinking a lot. 3 beers. Occasionally 1 more. It depends a lot on when I start in the evening. If I start at 5 pm, I tend to drink 4. If I start at 8 pm, I drink 2. In any case, I used to drink quite a bit more. So while I am happy with the improvement, I was hoping for something more.

County Hell

I have to add, that I got rid of drinking on a daily basis before taking Baclofen. Problem mostly was, that as more as I reduced my drinking habit (or tried to do so), worse became the binge drinking and blackouts. It all comes down to the cravings. And I feel that Baclofen really has helped with that. I mostly don't feel like I need to drink, it is up to me. If the beers you describe are on a daily basis, and you can't stop it, I would try to increase the dose until getting to a point, where you experience the indifference. I can't say if I have actually gotten there (since I didn't go that high on the dosage), but I definitely feel that it is worth to hang in there and give it a try.

Tony

Baclofen has definitely reduced how much I want to drink. My drinking is more habitual, than heavy cravings. But it is seriously habitual. I would like to break the habit, like I did with caffeine. I'm at 210 MG right now, and feeling fairly woozy at times. We'll see if I can maintain this dosage.

Thanks for your input!

Mom2JTx3

Hi Tony.  If you stay at the same dose for a while, the side effects go away, or at least ease up.  You are right about part of the issue being habit. At one point I found myself drinking out of habit rather than because I really wanted to.  I think at that point it’s helpful to use some willpower to put down the glass :)  Everyone’s experience is different.  For me, Baclofen gave me the ability to stop drinking, but I had to make the choice.  Others reach indifference and just don’t want to drink.  I didn’t really have that, but I think that’s where habit and the memory of drinking being fun had to be overcome.