The End of my Addiction
stillhoping

Newbie Intro

stillhoping

Hi everyone, I was very happy to find this site, a wonderful doctor, and information about baclofen.  I have tried rehab, detox, AA, coucelors and psychologists and nothing has helped.  For the first time. I spoke with a very knowledgeable doctor that treated me with no judgement, no biases and no prejudice.  Unfortunately, I do have to go out of province to receive this treatment and it is a considerable fee, but I haven't given up yet.  I am a 55 year old female, was successful in school and in most of my career, until the last few years when my drinking kept me from being able to hold down a job on a regular basis.  When I spoke with my doctor through a telemedicine app on my iphone, I was at a point of desperation and a lot of suicidal thoughts.  I told her that I was giving myself a year, and if I couldn't find something that worked, either alcohol would kill me or I would kill myself.  She said "why would you only give yourself a year - you deserve to give yourself as long as it takes". Well, I liked her right from there.  I'm looking forward to meeting other people here and wish everyone the best.

• Like 1

Mom2JTx3

Hi @stillhoping and welcome!  Congratulations on finding a doc and Baclofen.  Baclofen saved my life.  I had tried everything without success before Bac.  Good luck!  

• Like 1

Felina

Hi @stillhoping! So glad to hear you found a doctor who was willing to treat you, and even better that she did so without judgment.  It is unfortunately rare to find doctors who even know about baclofen, let alone find one who is willing to prescribe. I can also attest that baclofen saved my life. I have been on it for nine years now, and will probably be on it for the rest of my life. Please read these success stories from people who found indifference to alcohol after taking baclofen (it's an older post but very inspirational): https://www.mywayout.org/community/medication-research-and-support/43945-sweet-success-baclofen.html.  I was just reading this thread earlier today, before I read your post. Please keep us posted on your progress!

• Like 1