The End of my Addiction
stillhoping

Baclofen dosage question

stillhoping

Hi everybody!  Have a question about whem to take my baclofen.  I just started on it about a month ago and have been increasing my dosage by 5 mg every 5 days, but was splitting it up into taking it about every 3-4 hours.  i will be iincreasing it to 60 mg tomorrow - should I be taking 2 10mg pills 3 times a day or splitting the dosage throughout the day? Would appreciate any feedback

Felina

Hi @stillhoping! If you're tolerating the baclofen pretty well so far, taking it three times a day is pretty standard. Since baclofen has a short half-life, you will want to space the doses out as evenly as possible, i.e. 6 a.m., 2 p.m, and 10 p.m. Some people divide the doses up further if they're suffering from strong side effects. Your titration schedule is conservative, which is a good thing. A lot of people are so desperate for relief that they go up in dosage too fast and then get slammed by the SEs (which often catch up with people several days after a hefty inrease). I'd say keep doing what you're doing, and stick with the slow, steady titration.

stillhoping

Thanks very much for your help. Yes, my tolerance for baclofen has been good so will try the 3 times a dsy routine. I get the desperation thing to try and fix it right away but am willing to let the process take its course. Thx again for the knowledge