The End of my Addiction

Looking to connect with others on long term Baclofen

Ritalil

Hello.  I am a 54 year old woman who has been taking high dose Baclofen for over 10 years now.  I started after reading the book My Way Out and never looked back.   Initially I reached indifference after about 4 months titrating up to over 300 mg.  I eventually titrated back down to around 200 where I stayed for years and have to say drank like a normal casual drinker. I chose never to stop fully, but rather taught myself how to drink properly (one here and there and occasionally more but controlled). The Baclofen made this possible for me as I did not obsess about wine any longer. I simply chose to have it when I felt like it, which was occasionally vs. every night, and much more social than isolated.  I believe fully that this medication fixes the compulsive chemical imbalance that is very real in some of us.

I am looking to connect with others who may be out there, like me, that have been taking Baclofen for a long time. I still take it on a daily basis. I currently take 80-100 mg still per day.  I have remained on this journey alone following my own instincts and self. In the beginning there were online forums available and very active which I miss.  I hope to meet others that are "old timers" with this form of treatment so we can share, care and support each other.

Ritalil

Felina

Hi @Ritalil! I am also an "old timer" who has been taking Baclofen since December 2010. I hit my switch in February 2011. My ten-year anniversary thread is on the My Way Out medication forum. I also am taking around 100 mgs/day, though I go up or down now and then. Welcome!

Ritalil

Hi Felina!  So nice to hear from someone else thats been on Bac for as long.  Would love to connect and compare stories.  I'll look you up over on the My Way Out forum as well. Thanks for your message!  best, Ritalil 

• Like 1