The End of my Addiction

Seems that we may have lost the "Checking in" thread that I started a couple of days ago. It may be found again, but I can't be sure because I'm not the technical genius behind the curtain! 

But I'd hate to miss a day so I'm just going with the flow and startin' a fresh new thread.

There's one of us who just finished a major trek in an exotic land and I hope she'll stop by really soon and share some stories and maybe even pictures. Congratulations on the journey! Hope it went well. She's got a great story to tell about her own experience with baclofen and sobriety, and I hope she'll share that, too. (No pressure! Sorry to bring it up, but I've been thinking a lot about you!) 

Something about my drinking is changing dramatically. I am not sure what, though, because it's very, very different from the first time I got sober with baclofen alone. (I know that many of you don't know my experience with alcohol and getting sober, and I haven't written my story yet [shame on me!] but I'm just going to use this space to pick up where I am and will start a progress thread later.) Anyway, I could only drink one beer yesterday. Not for lack of wanting or trying! My first beer was about 2:30 in the afternoon. It didn't sit well. Then I tried to have another with dinner and couldn't finish it. How about that? For some reason, I'm not as elated as I should be. Or at least I thought I'd be elated, the way I was the first time, when booze became less and less appealing. Though I definitely remember some trepidation about what I would do and when it would finally happen that I didn't actually want one. More on that, I guess, later. I really should start a progress thread so this one doesn't become all about me. 

I'd really like this thread to be a place to check in for everyone...So please stop by and say hello and what you're up to for the day if you have a chance.

That's about all I've got for this rainy morning, since today is the first day of marathon studying for me. (ugh-ugh-ugh.) But I WILL pass this exam (on April 25th) the very first time. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL. 

And since I feel like I've forgotten everything I've ever learned about nursing, or at least the technical stuff, I've gotta hit the books hard. 

Peace out!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, all! (Or afternoon or evening, depending on where you are in the world!)

I may have used up all of my words responding to other posts this morning. Lots of good stuff for me to think about and respond to, so thank you! 

Today is going to be all about cleaning up the mess made because my husband's identity was stolen. How was it stolen? Because the head accountant in his company, the one in charge of everything money, sent every single employee's W2 to a link that she thought was from the CEO of the company, but turned out to be a scam. Yep, she didn't bother to check and make sure the link was legit. (For those of you across the pond, a W2 is what you get from your employers at the end of the year with your salary and tax information on it. It has every single personal identifier in it, so it gives instant and easy access to anyone wanting to steal identities.) Who the hell sends that kind of information to a link without checking it out first? I'm practically a luddite, and even I know better. The funniest part is that she still has her job. Maybe not funny. Maybe ridiculous is a better word. Anyway.

Someone has filed a tax return using Ed's Social Security number. It could be a BIG deal and have a real financial impact if someone does actually try to steal his (whole) identity. As it is, we've had to close every single one of our accounts, file several documents with the government that we're victims of fraud, and today I meet with the accountant ($$$) who will help us make sure that everything gets squared away with the IRS. Fun stuff!

Other than that, I've got the singular goal of walking Pete, the husky puppy. Pictures here:

Hope you guys are looking forward to a more exciting day than I am!

<hugs>

Ne

Hey Ne,

I'm so sorry about the identity theft. What an enormous headache to have to go through - yeesh! I hope the studying marathon is going well, though. I know you'll do great and pass with flying colors :) As for me, I'm enjoying a peaceful night at home. For the most part, I've been working hard at branching out, doing new things, meeting people, and getting out of my comfort zone. Now I've got yoga on Mondays, going for short hikes on the weekend after I'm done with work, both with a woman I work with and a woman I met in a hiking group on meetup.com, I've got another outing on Sunday evening with that culinary group I joined, and on top of it all, I just joined a Dragon boating club, with practices starting on Wednesday evenings (indoor practice to build strength - it's still WAY too cold to go out on the water). For most people that probably sounds like a normal life full of hobbies. For this introvert, I'm still getting used to all this activity and being around people, but I'm starting to like it. I'm starting to feel like a real human being who does things besides just go to work, then watch tv and read until I fall asleep. 

Edited to add: Ne, I don't know how I missed reading it the first time, but that's amazing that you couldn't drink more than a single beer! Something is definitely happening for you, and I'm excited for you, even if you're not excited yet.

Hello, all!

Holy moly, Lis. That's A LOT. And very, very cool. What's dragon boating? Sounds dangerous. When I lived in Asia there were dragon boat races, (though I'm not sure that's what they were called) and the boats were VERY ornate--made to look like dragons. Or Sea Serpents, I guess. Anyway, very cool. 

I haven't actually started studying yet. I have it in my head that I need my study to be clean, and pretty and all set up (which it hasn't been for 2 years) before I can really sit down and focus on studying. But after my appointment with my therapist yesterday, I'm pretty clear that I just need to sit down, shut up and focus on the task at hand. ha. I've procrastinated almost as much as I can, though I still have some stuff to do to take care of the identity theft. (And yes, that is A HUGE PAIN. I really don't recommend it.) Paid all the bills, did all the shopping, planned the rest of the week, did some gardening...Much as I hate the fact, it's just time. I'm also planning on applying for jobs between today and tomorrow. It's just a matter of filling out the online application, and attaching the resume, so no big deal. But a HUGE step and I'm resistant to taking it.

And yes, the drinking is on it's way out. Two beers yesterday, and both of those were pretty unpleasant. And that without taking the naltrexone or increasing my baclofen dose. Which makes it pretty clear that the antidepressant I was on was inhibiting the baclofen, doesn't it? It's been two weeks as of today since the last time I took it and I really can't drink. 

I've been really nauseous and had some terrible headaches, mostly in the late afternoon, and realized yesterday that it's probably mild withdrawal symptoms! 

The difference between this time and the first time is pretty dramatic, though, because I still want to drink. The last time I tapered off of it very slowly and over so many months, and was so ready to be completely free that I was absolutely elated when I finally decided not to have that drink on that rainy Friday night. Who knows, though? Maybe I'll get used to this pretty soon and start feeling really good. I'd like to get to where you are and out of my comfort zone and off the couch...But not before I create the habit of marathon studying in the mornings!

Hope everyone has a good day today! More from me tomorrow!

:hug:

Ne - The Dragon boating is just what you saw in Asia - very ornate boats made to look like dragons with a bunch of people in them paddling like mad. There are a lot of groups around the country trying to bring that Asian tradition over here and I happen to live in a town that has a group.

As for the drinking, that’s really awesome how much of a difference it makes now that you’re off your antidepressant. I could see how it took you by surprise this time, though, and you may not have been feeling ready to stop. It could also be the mild withdrawal that’s causing that want for a drink, even though the baclofen is making drinking unappealing. I hope each day gets easier and easier for you - and that you can get excited about not needing to drink again. Good luck creating that marathon study habit. I know it ain’t easy. Oh, and how did you do that hug at the end?

That is really neat about the dragon boats. How did you find out about that, for goodness sakes? Will you post a pic at some point? 

12 minutes ago, Lostinspace said:

I could see how it took you by surprise this time, though, and you may not have been feeling ready to stop. It could also be the mild withdrawal that’s causing that want for a drink, even though the baclofen is making drinking unappealing. I hope each day gets easier and easier for you - and that you can get excited about not needing to drink again. Good luck creating that marathon study habit. I know it ain’t easy. Oh, and how did you do that hug at the end?

Thanks, Lis, for the insight. I think you might be right about both things--the fact that it's a rather sudden surprise to not be able/inclined to drink much and the fact that I'm experiencing mild withdrawal both making it harder to accept not drinking...Food for thought. I have had a couple of beers today already, and while I'm not feeling like pounding any and/or getting drunk, I definitely don't feel like abstaining at all. Though I suppose I could without much effort? Maybe? I don't know, actually. 

Maybe it'll get easier? And I'm also planning on going up on bac 20mg/5 days or so...If all else fails, I'll resume naltrexone. It doesn't feel urgent, since my drinking is almost within "healthy limits". (Though don't get me wrong, I'm ready to be indifferent and not drinking at all on a regular basis...) It's just that indifference, rather than white-knuckling, is REALLY hard to give up. 

It's really hard to concentrate on studying. Really hard. Especially since it's on my computer and so easy to check in here and MWO and Facebook and email and everything else. But I'll keep at it until it sticks. Like exercise...Just practicing it makes it easier. 

The hug emoji is under the emojis, which are listed on the bar up there^^^ and you may have to scroll down. Thanks to the technical-aizard-behind-the-curtain for making it so. :)

Hello all ?

Just checking in.  It looks great over here.  Thanks Ne!  I'll work on my story.  

I'm going to be without Internet for a week starting Sunday so if I'm missing, that is why.  Off to find my avatar...

Mom2

Mom2! So glad you're here. Thanks for checking in. 

I don't know what I'd do without a weeks worth of internet! Go crazy? 

Better get to posting, since you only have 48 hours! ;)

:hug:

Yo, great job on the forum, the place looks great! 10 points.

Will hopefully have some time on the weekend to take a good look around, just wanted to congratulate you on getting it up and running!

On March 29, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Lostinspace said:

Hey Ne,

I'm so sorry about the identity theft. What an enormous headache to have to go through - yeesh! I hope the studying marathon is going well, though. I know you'll do great and pass with flying colors :) As for me, I'm enjoying a peaceful night at home. For the most part, I've been working hard at branching out, doing new things, meeting people, and getting out of my comfort zone. Now I've got yoga on Mondays, going for short hikes on the weekend after I'm done with work, both with a woman I work with and a woman I met in a hiking group on meetup.com, I've got another outing on Sunday evening with that culinary group I joined, and on top of it all, I just joined a Dragon boating club, with practices starting on Wednesday evenings (indoor practice to build strength - it's still WAY too cold to go out on the water). For most people that probably sounds like a normal life full of hobbies. For this introvert, I'm still getting used to all this activity and being around people, but I'm starting to like it. I'm starting to feel like a real human being who does things besides just go to work, then watch tv and read until I fall asleep. 

Edited to add: Ne, I don't know how I missed reading it the first time, but that's amazing that you couldn't drink more than a single beer! Something is definitely happening for you, and I'm excited for you, even if you're not excited yet.

Lis, isn't absolutely amazing how different your life is now?  Congratulations!!!

4 hours ago, Missykc said:

Lis, isn't absolutely amazing how different your life is now?  Congratulations!!!

Not only is the transformation amazing, Lis is pretty amazing herself.

When I stopped drinking against my will in 2011, I, too, found life incredibly full even though I had to push myself to do a lot of it. I really can't wait to get back there.

I try to remind myself, when I'm being particularly harsh about the fact that I have very little motivation to do anything, much less anything new, that EVERYTHING changes when the booze goes. Even though I'm not drinking much, I'm still drinking almost every day, and even a couple of beers (or 3 or 5) makes a big difference.) I actually think I drank 7 yesterday. Still a far cry from what I was drinking last year, and certainly a huge difference from what I was drinking before I started baclofen in 2010, when I was at my very worst. But it's still disheartening to be drinking at all after almost a year of actively trying to find indifference again.

I am truly terrified that I won't be able to find it again and I'll have to white-knuckle it, avoiding booze, and the people, places and things that remind me of booze, for the rest of my life. There is so much freedom when you don't want to drink, when the thought isn't appealing regardless of people, places and things...I hope you guys that are indifferent aren't taking it for granted. I know I did. 

What about you, Missy? (And WELCOME! :D) What's news? Have you shared your story yet? I'll check it out in a sec...

I'm so very excited that we are officially public now! :)

Hope it's a good day, everybody. And thanks for being here. 

Well done, Ne! The forum looks really good, you must have put in a LOT of hard work to get it up & running.

I've just read through the posts, then joined - looks as though everyone has kept their MWO names, so I have done the same.

Love your doggy pics!

Thanks, Molly! And welcome! There were several people who put a lot of work into this place, and lots who donated their hard-earned money. I'm so happy that it's here and happening! 

I was actually surprised how many people changed their names from the other forum! Makes it kinda confusing for me, but I understand. I changed mine (a very little bit) too. 

Thanks about the doggy pics. Pete is absolutely adorable. Totally spoiled. And can be a complete nightmare. When she isn't being too cute...Which is why she's spoiled and B-A-D. ;)

3 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Not only is the transformation amazing, Lis is pretty amazing herself.

When I stopped drinking against my will in 2011, I, too, found life incredibly full even though I had to push myself to do a lot of it. I really can't wait to get back there.

I try to remind myself, when I'm being particularly harsh about the fact that I have very little motivation to do anything, much less anything new, that EVERYTHING changes when the booze goes. Even though I'm not drinking much, I'm still drinking almost every day, and even a couple of beers (or 3 or 5) makes a big difference.) I actually think I drank 7 yesterday. Still a far cry from what I was drinking last year, and certainly a huge difference from what I was drinking before I started baclofen in 2010, when I was at my very worst. But it's still disheartening to be drinking at all after almost a year of actively trying to find indifference again.

I am truly terrified that I won't be able to find it again and I'll have to white-knuckle it, avoiding booze, and the people, places and things that remind me of booze, for the rest of my life. There is so much freedom when you don't want to drink, when the thought isn't appealing regardless of people, places and things...I hope you guys that are indifferent aren't taking it for granted. I know I did. 

What about you, Missy? (And WELCOME! :D) What's news? Have you shared your story yet? I'll check it out in a sec...

I'm so very excited that we are officially public now! :)

Hope it's a good day, everybody. And thanks for being here. 

Hey, well I have been dealing with identity theft and the major mess ups my bank made with my frozen account. So I haven't had time to share my story but I did want to identify myself as kronkcarr from the other site. 

When I get some time and get on my laptop I'll probably transfer my story from MWO and give an update.

Ne, have you thought of white knuckling it to get one alcohol free day to build upon--it's just a thought.

21 minutes ago, Missykc said:

Hey, well I have been dealing with identity theft and the major mess ups my bank made with my frozen account.

It happened to you? So far we've been lucky (knocking on wood and crossing fingers etc...) in that Ed's identity hasn't been stolen, we just had someone file a tax return using his SS# and W2. I'm terrified that someone will actually steal his "whole" identity (or whatever you want to call it) and we'll have the ramifications of all of that to deal with. Did the thieves actually get into your accounts? I have closed everything except our actual bank account because there are some charges I've been waiting to go through...Totally paranoid that the bad guys will get access before I can shut it down. 

Really sorry to hear that you're dealing with that. From what I've heard and read since we found out about the W2 being sent to bad guys and the fraudulent tax return, actual identity theft screws EVERYTHING up. 

21 minutes ago, Missykc said:

Ne, have you thought of white knuckling it to get one alcohol free day to build upon--it's just a thought.

I have had, at different times, had several days AF in a row, and usually have at least one a week. It's just building on it that has been such a challenge. I have some ideas and plans, though, that I may put into place soon so that I can get some real AF time under my belt...

Really looking forward to the update! Thanks for checking in and saying hi, given all that you have going on!

10 hours ago, Missykc said:

Thanks, Missy. It really is amazing. It took me a while to venture out of my living room and out into the real world, but I'm doing it. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with identity theft now, too. I can't imagine what a hassle that is. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

6 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Ne - Please try not to worry at this stage. You just came off of that antidepressant that was making your drinking even worse. As you know, success with baclofen is both a matter of enough milligrams and enough time. You haven't really had much in the way of time when you think about it because the antidepressant was, to some degree, counteracting the good that bac does. Keep the faith, sister. You'll make it to indifference once again. :hug:

Mom2 and Molly - So nice to see you here!

Hi Guys,

As you guys know I am a non medicant but I hope I can add value to this site. Have been known to speak my mind from time to time but I hope you guys see it as passion and not personal :)

I am passionate about using supplements to aid recovery so maybe I could have a section for that

8 hours ago, Molly78 said:

Well done, Ne! The forum looks really good, you must have put in a LOT of hard work to get it up & running.

I've just read through the posts, then joined - looks as though everyone has kept their MWO names, so I have done the same.

Love your doggy pics!

I kept my name ---- wouldnt want to confuse folk would we Moll?

Hey Kuya so great to see you here. I for one appreciate your no bullshit honest posts. I think it's important to have non Meds peeps on here. Individual perceptions can become stifled and rigid like certain sections of MWO when views are not challenged sometimes. 

Look forward to you're Posts

On 31/03/2016 at 2:19 PM, Ne1 said:

Which makes it pretty clear that the antidepressant I was on was inhibiting the baclofen, doesn't it? It's been two weeks as of today since the last time I took it and I really can't drink. 

Not wanting to turn this into a meds thread but I knocked the Anti-depressants on the head as soon as I started Baclofen and have not touched them since - They just did not do what Baclofen does for my Anxiety

Regards

Bacman

8 hours ago, KUYA said:

Have been known to speak my mind from time to time

Gulp - I resemble that remark :)

Regards

Bacman

16 hours ago, Lostinspace said:

Ne - Please try not to worry at this stage. You just came off of that antidepressant that was making your drinking even worse. As you know, success with baclofen is both a matter of enough milligrams and enough time. ...

Thanks, Lis, for the reminder. I know it hasn't been long enough...Still frustrating though. 

14 hours ago, KUYA said:

As you guys know I am a non medicant but I hope I can add value to this site. Have been known to speak my mind from time to time but I hope you guys see it as passion and not personal :)

I am passionate about using supplements to aid recovery so maybe I could have a section for that

I think we all agree that there are a lot of different approaches to ending addiction and don't ever want to limit the discussion to just medications, or imply that they're the only way to get there. 

I am very skeptical about supplements, which is pretty ironic since I used to be extremely skeptical about medications and then did a complete 180 degree turn when I started baclofen and it worked. What's even more ironic is that my psychiatrist is VERY into supplements and nutrition, as well as medications, to treat this disease. And I trust her and know that she knows what she's talking about. So I roll my eyes and then take a whole bunch of supplements because she told me to. Ha! And I've since read some really interesting research about a couple of different supplements, so it's clear that my new-born prejudice needs to go...She has a book she wants me to read about it, but won't lend it to me until after I've taken my certification exam at the end of this month. lol. 

Glad you've joined us, Kuya. Great to see you here. 

14 hours ago, KUYA said:

Kuya, we decided early on not to segregate the different approaches to ending addiction. After all, we're all working toward the same goal and there isn't any reason to separate out information that may help everyone. Many of the approaches are complementary, too, and can be incorporated into a holistic approach toward living contentedly sober or abstinent, depending on the person and their own goals. 

We hope people will start threads here about what they're interested in so that others can easily find it, and respond, without searching different sections to see information that they may find useful. It is imperative that we remain supportive of different approaches and different goals. The moderators will make sure of that, should it become an issue. 

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for joining us. 

6 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Not wanting to turn this into a meds thread but I knocked the Anti-depressants on the head as soon as I started Baclofen and have not touched them since - They just did not do what Baclofen does for my Anxiety

I've actually dropped two of my three antidepressants in the last three and a half weeks. One of them (Pristiq/desvenlafaxine) was absolutely clearly inhibiting the effects of baclofen and increasing my craving and the amount I drank. The other, a very small dose of Abilify, which is an atypical antipsychotic often prescribed as an adjunct for people who are suffering from major depression who don't have a total response to a typical antidepressant. (That was definitely me.) I just stopped that one last week. 

I have to say, I haven't had any rebound effects and I'm feeling more...something. I can't describe it yet. I'll need some time to digest it all, I think. Will report more later. I'm still thankful that they were available and that I took them, though, because in the depths of the depression, I could barely get out of bed...

Kuya, you'll appreciate this: My psychiatrist is convinced that the supplements I'm taking (under pseudo-duress, but still compliant) will help me more now than any antidepressant she can prescribe. 

I'm off to run errands on a nasty, rainy day. (Blech.) Husband is home and cranky, annoyed with me and wants my help cleaning the house. (Ugh.) And I'm going to an art gallery opening tonight, which I was really looking forward to and am now dreading. Hopefully I'll feel better about it when all the errands and cleaning and other crap is done. 

Won't be back 'til tomorrow, probably. Hope you guys have a good day and a lot to say! :hug:

I think that it needs to be understood that often supplements take time to repair the chronic damage we have inflicted so people stop too early. 

Also we call it a 'supplement ' if it has not been created by a drug company for a specific disease and marketed for that. Scurvy is a disease for which vitamin C is the cure but we call vitamin C a supplement not a drug. It is semantics sometimes.

I had a brilliant example of how useful a 'supplement' can be only a few months ago. I had quit smoking (40 a day for 44 years!) and was doing fine then BAM! Depression hit out of the blue. I was on a support network and was reassured that it was temporary and after a few days it lifted. Then about six weeks later I was hit again only this time it was really, really bad. I was desperate, so much so that I made an appointment for the doctor....I HATE antidepressants but I was knew if I didn't start smoking again I was gonna do something stupid (yes it was THAT bad)

Anyway the morning of the appointment I had what I would call a mini intuitive 'epiphany' . I figured that I was seriously depleted of serotonin since I was no longer getting 40 hits a day....what increases serotonin? Melatonin. I had some old out of date tablets from years back ... So I popped one. It was like someone had flipped a switch!!! Two hours later I was starting to feel normal after ten days of crippling anxiety and feeling so flat I was ready to top myself.

I kept my doctor appointment and thought to share this with him...after all doctors are always trying to get smokers to quit, aren't they. He told me that improvement was probably PLACEBO. Amazing!!!

My response was 'wow, when YOU prescribe a drug that works it is put down to the drug, but when I find a cure for what may be the main cause of smokers failing to quit you dismiss it as placebo'

i took the melatonin for the next few weeks and have never looked back. 

That 'supplement' saved my quit and is now saving me $18,000 a year   ??

I have to agree with Kuya  regarding supplements ...it's a no brainer I think ..a personal experience .....when my night leg cramps slammed me and I was waking up in bloody agony furiously rubbing the muscle in the middle of the night waking up from a big night drinking.......my body was screaming at me saying ...dude stop mistreating me ....magnesium supplements instant stoppage ..body got what it needed. Leg cramps stopped..a lot of  drinkers are deficient in body needs ...a supplement program is a wise idea in early sobriety ..just my opinion.

Drinking depletes SO many things, vitamin B magnesium, selenium iron vitamin C  and then smoking strips zinc as well as adding tons of heavy metals.

i am convinced that the large amount of supplementation I took for years before I quit made it much easier to quit when I was ready.

i would recommend the complete kit from biorecovery if people can afford it but at the very least take high vitamin B and coenzyme Q10 and vitamin C and D3

I read Seven Weeks to Sobriety and bought a lot of their stuff and a lot from Biovea and the local health food store.  

I think the vitamin therapy route is very good as an alternative to baclofen.  The book by Joan Larson is also well worth reading even if you don't follow her protocol.  I have a lot to say about it and about the book.  We still have a stockpile of vits and minerals.   

I convinced myself that it was the only way of recovering from alcoholism.  I was so sold on it that when I first saw Ameisen on TV I just said "oh yeah, sure".  I had bought into the idea that alcoholism is multi dimensional in terms of its effects on the body and all those effects had to be addressed.  I could not accept that there was one pill that could do this.  Of course, it doesn't and its good to use Larson's ideas to get your health back so as not to have all the issues she deals with in her book pushing you back into addiction.  I think, in time, it would be good to have a thread on this topic.

18 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Thanks, Lis, for the reminder. I know it hasn't been long enough...Still frustrating though. 

I think we all agree that there are a lot of different approaches to ending addiction and don't ever want to limit the discussion to just medications, or imply that they're the only way to get there. 

I am very skeptical about supplements, which is pretty ironic since I used to be extremely skeptical about medications and then did a complete 180 degree turn when I started baclofen and it worked. What's even more ironic is that my psychiatrist is VERY into supplements and nutrition, as well as medications, to treat this disease. And I trust her and know that she knows what she's talking about. So I roll my eyes and then take a whole bunch of supplements because she told me to. Ha! And I've since read some really interesting research about a couple of different supplements, so it's clear that my new-born prejudice needs to go...She has a book she wants me to read about it, but won't lend it to me until after I've taken my certification exam at the end of this month. lol. 

Glad you've joined us, Kuya. Great to see you here. 

I was skeptical as well but one day I was in the self help section of a bookstore and saw Joan Larson's book Seven Weeks to Sobriety.  On the cover it says her method has a 75% recovery rate and I succumbed to the idea of giving it a try because nothing else was on offer.   

The gist of the book, Ne, is not that massive amounts of supplements will cure you of alcoholism.  Larson's principle point is that alcohol damages the lining of the stomach so that alcoholics are undernourished because they don't get vitamins and minerals absorbed in the stomach. She explains how this causes the problems we associate with alcoholism, like constant fatigue, forgetfulness etc.  You do a questionnaire and tick off the symptoms you have and that determines  the type of treatment you need.  Her approach is very intensive and well thought out. 

Taking massive overdoses of these supplements is only needed because it forces the necessary vits and minerals into the blood stream.  Once your stomach is given a rest and is working again, you get these vitamins and minerals from ordinary food in a balanced diet.  I found that it worked but it's not an easy regime and the planning of the pill popping through the day is hugely complicated.  I counted 72 pills in one day and you need a big pill box if you go out to work. 

• Admin2 pinned this topic
  • Admin1 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived