The End of my Addiction

SKendall

Dun, Iceland is totally on my bucket list.  It is a literature heaven with 1 in 10 publishing their own books and poetry is told everywhere.  Like many Scandanavian countries they are progressive and sensible without needing religious groups to survive.  I would love to go there.

SKendall

Mom, how are you doing now?

Lis, don't be hard on yourself.  I've never read a post of yours that wasn't a good one.

• Like 2

Mom2JTx3

It's great to see people racking up the AF time here.  Congratulations!  The trips sound wonderful too.  I hope you have a great time.  For those struggling, I was too for over a month.  Increasing the Bac helped me.  I could never concentrate like they recommend on the French forum. because of side effects.  I would break it out evenly over 5 doses and break my increase over a coulple of mid day doses.  Now that I'm at the same dose, I can take it whenever and however and I'm fine.  I has been an eye opener to realize that just because the craving is gone, the work is still on going. 

Why are we all so hard on ourselves?  Is this part of the disease?  Or just that we have lots to regret due to our actions because of the disease? We just can't go back there.  

Thanks for the link Ne.  My Saint of a husband advocated for me and told them all about Baclofen w/d and seizures to no avail.  We figured out that due to the timing of the events, I only missed two full days of Bac and was on major benzos and anti seizure meds during that time.  Once I was awake and could take pills orally, they did give me some which we supplemented with my regular dose.

Get this... Those  aholes from the hospital called my doctor and insisted that she no longer prescribe Baclofen but should have me stop Bac and go to AA!!  She said no, that she thought Baclofen was a good option and was shocked at their response.  I asked her if this was going to get her in trouble.  She said 'I don't know how'.  If the umbrella conglomeration that she is associated with puts out the recommendation that it can't be prescribed, then she told me I'd just have to get it all from India  ?. I love her.

Have a great day everyone.  

Mom2

Edited by Mom2JTx3
  • Like 2

Felina
4 hours ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

Get this... Those  aholes from the hospital called my doctor and insisted that she no longer prescribe Baclofen but should have me stop Bac and go to AA!!  She said no, that she thought Baclofen was a good option and was shocked at their response.  I asked her if this was going to get her in trouble.  She said 'I don't know how'.  If the umbrella conglomeration that she is associated with puts out the recommendation that it can't be prescribed, then she told me I'd just have to get it all from India  ?. I love her.

Holy shit. I can't believe that the hospital docs would dare interfere with the care you get from your primary care provider!  I'm so glad she stood her ground and backed you up! 

• Like 2

time2quit
2 minutes ago, Felina said:

Holy shit. I can't believe that the hospital docs would dare interfere with the care you get from your primary care provider!  I'm so glad she stood her ground and backed you up! 

Fucking assholes!

• Like 1

MJM

Hello good people,

Ne - I'm stoked that you've been able to sort out the Prius - I was feverishly trying to find a cheap fix for you from afar. Sounds like the stars aligned for you guys. So glad for you! I'm sorry to hear about the friction between you and Ed. Time is the healer. I hope you guys work it out.

LIS - You are able to give everyone the most kind, loving feedback. You are a really so thoughtful, and have given me such hope with your comments. Thank you so much.

I hope that you can face the dope use you use to escape. I know you've mentioned exercise - have you given meditation a solid go? Sorry, I'm not anyone to suggest anything, but it sounds like you have a stressful life (I relate to that!) and I know that Bac alone is not the answer.

Bacman, you will have no chance against my father re: an Englishman abroad. I am already wincing at the thought of dad 'on hols'. I'll know all about it in two weeks...

Stuck -- You have been posting a lot, then nothing. What's happening with you? Let us know dude. I'd love to meet you one day, to swap stories. I have an Eng Lit degree, but you could blast holes through it I'm sure!

Dun - that's so cool abt your trip to Iceland with your kids. I bet parts of it will be stressful (have you so contingencies for that? - I ask because I'm doing something similar soon) but it sounds like an awesome trip. What you said about your children' genes - Wow! I think it's exciting the prospect of 'new' relatives you might find. Maybe it's just me. I'm sure facing that would be stressful, but all I can say is go girl. I think it's a chance to give your children a richer context.

Have I forgotten anyone? I'm sorry if I have.

I don't have anything to say about me. I'm fine. No, really.

Oh okay, you've pushed me to say something about me. It's only though my sense of forum duty that I do.

I'm drinking one evening, not the next. Bac works one evening, not the next.

I have found that the anxiety that plagued me before anti-depressants has come back - despite my continued use of SSRIs. 

It hits me mid-afternoon. I just feel that pit of the stomach, fight or flight feeling. I try to breathe, try to move past it, but it's difficult.

My wife's work had just gone off. I met her as a secretary 12 years ago; she's now a dep director of a govt dept. A very bright woman.

Also an alcoholic like me. It is a struggle when I'm sober to deal with her drunkedness every evening.

Anyway, I am sorry to be so negative. I looked on MWO recently, and saw all the loving support you all gave me. I'm trying to not do the AA guilt thing now. But it feels bad and fucking frustrating to still be drinking. I am a good man. Just not very good where Al is concerned.

Edited by MJM
  • Like 6

DunDrinkn

I'm at day 14. Feeling much better. The bac/gaba combo is kicking in and without the alcohol running interference, it seems to be doing wonders. My mood is pretty stable, the brain fog clearing. All that jazz. I have gone up again on Gaba and spreading it out over the day. That seems to be combatting a lot of the nerve pain, so fingers crossed there.

I know Ne is a busy bee, and guessing Stuck is out knocking on doors for Bernie, but I'd like to see posts from either or both sooner rather than later. However they're feeling and whether or not those feelings have taken them into a bottle of booze or not. 

• Like 6

Ne1

I'm in an online review class for 8 hours yesterday and today, and Ed's off and we've got a bunch of stuff that needs doing, so I just haven't had any time to post since Friday. I'll be back tomorrow!

• Like 1

Lostinspace
9 hours ago, MJM said:

LIS - You are able to give everyone the most kind, loving feedback. You are a really so thoughtful, and have given me such hope with your comments. Thank you so much.

I hope that you can face the dope use you use to escape. I know you've mentioned exercise - have you given meditation a solid go? Sorry, I'm not anyone to suggest anything, but it sounds like you have a stressful life (I relate to that!) and I know that Bac alone is not the answer.

Thanks for saying that, MJM. I’m glad I’ve been able to give you hope. I’ve given meditation a solid try (every day for a couple months) in the past and was never able to get to a point where I could sit still or focus on my breath for more than a couple seconds. I would always end up getting aggravated. But I’ve had a lot of practice connecting with my breath in yoga class since then, so maybe it’ll translate to being easier during a sitting meditation, as well. I should give it another shot.

And we know you’re a good man. It’s not about being good or bad. Alcoholism afflicts both saints and as%holes. If you keep trying to break the habit of drinking while you work on sorting out your meds, then each AF day will build upon the previous one, even if they’re not consecutive. Are you able to take a break when that fight or flight feeling kicks in in the afternoon? Going for a walk (or any kind of physical activity) can help get some of that anxious energy out. Sometimes trying to just sit and breathe through it can be difficult when you have loads of adrenaline surging through your veins. Anyway, I know it’s frustrating to still be drinking, but you will pull through this with time. Hang in there.

Dun - I’m so glad to hear the nerve pain is subsiding and that the bac/gaba combo is working so well. Maybe you won’t have to come down on bac after all. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ne - I hope the review class is going well. See you tomorrow.

• Like 2

Baclofenman
11 hours ago, MJM said:

Bacman, you will have no chance against my father re: an Englishman abroad. I am already wincing at the thought of dad 'on hols'. I'll know all about it in two weeks...

.....Its according to the wife and she has a reputation for talking bollox - Personally I think I am "efficient" and thorough - I hope your father teaches you a thing or two on the English Gentleman's way of conducting oneself

God - Bank holiday weekends - Wife and kids gone glamping (posh camping) so I thought I would get a job done of sanding the back passage (no comments) floor - Went without a hitch - Then the washing machine broke (loads of bra bits in filter) and I forgot I had put my dinner on and burnt it - Then to top things off we had a power cut - Kids had run battery on torch (grrr) so I tottered to the shed with a lighter (burned my thumb) to fire up the generator - Generator would not start (shit Tesco petrol), started to get really anxious and the lights came back on

Phew

Its gone midnight and I am catching up with stuff

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

Ne1
On 5/29/2016 at 7:42 AM, MJM said:

I don't have anything to say about me. I'm fine. No, really.

Oh okay, you've pushed me to say something about me. It's only though my sense of forum duty that I do.

I'm drinking one evening, not the next. Bac works one evening, not the next.

xD I'm really glad you posted about yourself. Thanks. And yes, we were SO psyched about the Prius. What a fantastic "coincidence" it was that we got the one mechanic that knew my husband. Sometimes the universe throws a girl a bone. 

And I'm having a similar experience with baclofen and drinking. Mine is more like every 3 or 4 days, though. In my opinion/experience it just means I'm not taking enough baclofen. But also, I really have to work on filling my time, since I'm not doing anything that isn't related to sitting on the couch and staring at a screen. When I get bored or hungry, I think booze first and all other options, like food or exercise as a very distant second. Is there a "trigger" or something you can identify that maybe you can change while you work on changing your AD med? 

On 5/29/2016 at 7:42 AM, MJM said:

Also an alcoholic like me. It is a struggle when I'm sober to deal with her drunkedness every evening.

Anyway, I am sorry to be so negative. I looked on MWO recently, and saw all the loving support you all gave me. I'm trying to not do the AA guilt thing now. But it feels bad and fucking frustrating to still be drinking. I am a good man. Just not very good where Al is concerned.

Man, that's tough. Ed has alcoholism, too. When I first quit drinking in Feb 2011, he was still drinking alcoholically. He flat out told me that he wouldn't try baclofen, because I had such terrible side effects with it, and that he didn't want to stop drinking anyway. I was planning on divorce, because as much as I loved him, I just couldn't stand the booze. The smell of him when he came to bed was overwhelming and disgusting. Anyway, I don't remember how long it was before he told me that he wanted to try baclofen. He said it wasn't because he wanted to quit drinking necessarily, but that I was so happy and content being sober, he wanted some of that! It was amazing. Hope you and your wife can have a similar experience. In the meantime, hang in there with her. I know it's hard. And hard not to drink when there's always booze around. In the early days, I made Ed put his booze in the car and take it with him to work because I just didn't want the temptation of having it around when he wasn't there. (He used to work A LOT, so I was alone most evenings...) 

Also, what LIS said about being good vs. bad. Man, that is one of the things that really messed me up after being in and out of AA for so long...I felt like I could not "be honest" with myself, (and blah, blah, blah) and that I was a bad person because I continued to drink even after doing the steps...If it was about being good or bad, I know a lot of people who should have alcoholism because they suck, and a lot of really good people who shouldn't because they're wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I know some asshole alcoholics, too. ;) 

19 hours ago, DunDrinkn said:

I'm at day 14. Feeling much better. The bac/gaba combo is kicking in and without the alcohol running interference, it seems to be doing wonders. My mood is pretty stable, the brain fog clearing. All that jazz. I have gone up again on Gaba and spreading it out over the day. That seems to be combatting a lot of the nerve pain, so fingers crossed there.

Congrats on 2 weeks! And so glad that your having less pain. 

18 hours ago, Lostinspace said:

But I’ve had a lot of practice connecting with my breath in yoga class since then, so maybe it’ll translate to being easier during a sitting meditation, as well. I should give it another shot.

I forgot to go to yoga this morning! Dammit. Wednesday, then. Or actually, I think the class on Wed is pilates. Anyway. Have you ever tried listening to guided meditations? I used to have a bunch of them, and found some online that were good, but it's been so long I wouldn't know where to look. I will work on it, though. And let me know if someone has some they've found helpful. There's always the Jon Kabat-Zinn ones...

16 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

.....Its according to the wife and she has a reputation for talking bollox - Personally I think I am "efficient" and thorough - I hope your father teaches you a thing or two on the English Gentleman's way of conducting oneself

HA! I can only imagine. Sounds like you had quite the ordeal yesterday. Sorry! Hope today is a better one. How long is the family glamping for? (Love that word!)

On 5/28/2016 at 9:41 AM, Mom2JTx3 said:

THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE! Man. So glad you have such a great doctor. Mine is like that, too. But holy wow, I cannot believe the ignorance of the people in the hospital. Unfuckingbelievable. I swear, that is why this is my life's mission. For just that reason.

On to me:

The review class went well. It's a repeat of the one I took in January. I could only take it online this time, instead of in-person. Staring at the computer for that long is hard, man. But staying awake for the in-class one was not fun, and at least I don't have to change out of pajamas. 

Turns out that I "nearly passed" the exam when I took it. I'm actually going to do two review classes. This one, which is free, and another that covers the material itself. (This one is test-taking skills.) So I have no worries that I'll pass. And of course, now that I've taken it and almost passed, I'm really fucking pissed at myself for not just taking it in January. I mean, it is very likely I would have passed it. How fucked up is that? This whole time I've been torturing myself with fear about taking it, and now I get to torture myself about the fact that it's taken me 6 extra months because of my fear. Ugh. But whatever. I'm trying not to think those thoughts and just get on with it. 

See you tomorrow!

• Like 3

Lostinspace

Ne - Sorry for the late response. I checked in here briefly yesterday, but stupidly didn’t leave myself enough time to post before going to dragon boat practice, then to an informal dragon boat Memorial Day shindig afterwards. Anyway, I have tried listening to a few different guided meditations, but they were ones I got off Youtube and my god, were they ever cheesy and hard to take seriously. I’d love to know if anyone has any good ones to recommend. God knows I haven’t tried a whole lot of them.

And that's so awesome that you almost passed your exam! How about instead of being pissed at yourself for not doing it sooner, you just pick from here and ace that test the next time?

Edited by Lostinspace
  • Like 1

Missykc
23 hours ago, Lostinspace said:

Ne - Sorry for the late response. I checked in here briefly yesterday, but stupidly didn’t leave myself enough time to post before going to dragon boat practice, then to an informal dragon boat Memorial Day shindig afterwards. Anyway, I have tried listening to a few different guided meditations, but they were ones I got off Youtube and my god, were they ever cheesy and hard to take seriously. I’d love to know if anyone has any good ones to recommend. God knows I haven’t tried a whole lot of them.

And that's so awesome that you almost passed your exam! How about instead of being pissed at yourself for not doing it sooner, you just pick from here and ace that test the next time?

Lis, you are so healthy!  Congratulations on the long way you've come!

• Like 3

SKendall

Hi Missy,

I used to do the Rodney Yee's yoga and meditated through that.  A very popular meditation has been done  for years by Jon Kabat Zinn.  Check out the you tube ones.  Guitarista on MWO also recommended one if you know him pm him, or even if you don't.  Amazon sells a lot of meditation cd's and are reviewed.  Check out the ones with the strongest approval rating.  Good luck.

• Like 2

SKendall

Heeee's back! singing the same old song. MWO that is.

Lostinspace

Thanks, Missy! I do feel pretty healthy these days. I just realized the other day that I’m a month away from being sober (alcohol, anyway) for a year. That’s amazing for me. I’ve never lasted more than a couple months before until I’d cave to cravings. I should probably start to come down from my switch dose one of these days, considering I hit indifference last September, but I’m too chicken sh*t. Oh well, at least the bac doesn’t make me tired and I’m able to do athletic things.

SK - Thanks for the recommendations. Ne also mentioned Jon Kabat Zinn, and he’s on youtube (free!), so I think I’ll start there. And I’m sorry to hear he’s back. I’m almost afraid to look.

• Like 4

Baclofenman
18 hours ago, Lostinspace said:

Thanks, Missy! I do feel pretty healthy these days. I just realized the other day that I’m a month away from being sober (alcohol, anyway) for a year. That’s amazing for me. I’ve never lasted more than a couple months before until I’d cave to cravings. I should probably start to come down from my switch dose one of these days, considering I hit indifference last September, but I’m too chicken sh*t. Oh well, at least the bac doesn’t make me tired and I’m able to do athletic things.

SK - Thanks for the recommendations. Ne also mentioned Jon Kabat Zinn, and he’s on youtube (free!), so I think I’ll start there. And I’m sorry to hear he’s back. I’m almost afraid to look.

LIS, excellent news on you AF - I also thought about reducing my dosage now I am over 150 days AF - I did try, dropping from 100 to 75mg but pretty soon I found my anxieties coming back - Like before they were nothing specific, just silly things - I know these have to be dealt with before I can come down again but I do not know what they are - So I am fhoobared!

Regards

Bacman

• Like 5

Ne1
On 5/31/2016 at 6:43 PM, Lostinspace said:

Nice reminder, thanks. Congrats, on the sober time, Lis. Absolutely amazing. 

15 minutes ago, Baclofenman said:

LIS, excellent news on you AF - I also thought about reducing my dosage now I am over 150 days AF - I did try, dropping from 100 to 75mg but pretty soon I found my anxieties coming back - Like before they were nothing specific, just silly things - I know these have to be dealt with before I can come down again but I do not know what they are - So I am fhoobared!

You stopped drinking at 150mg, right? And are now just 5 months sober (Congratulations!!!). Going from 150 to 100 in that amount of time is pretty significant. I'm glad you recognized that 75mg was too low before you turned to the bottle again. But I would really strongly suggest that you stick with 100mg for...a good long time. Take it from my experience, Bacman, that if you go down too far, and something (anything) goes wrong and you pick up a bottle again, it's not so easy to get back to the place where it's effortless to maintain abstinence. And drinking against your will, just in case you want a reminder, seriously sucks. 

But what I should have asked, first off, is why you want to go down? You're not having any SEs, right? Why test it? 

• Like 2

Baclofenman
3 hours ago, Ne1 said:

You stopped drinking at 150mg, right? And are now just 5 months sober (Congratulations!!!). Going from 150 to 100 in that amount of time is pretty significant. I'm glad you recognized that 75mg was too low before you turned to the bottle again. But I would really strongly suggest that you stick with 100mg for...a good long time. Take it from my experience, Bacman, that if you go down too far, and something (anything) goes wrong and you pick up a bottle again, it's not so easy to get back to the place where it's effortless to maintain abstinence. And drinking against your will, just in case you want a reminder, seriously sucks. 

Hi Ne

I actually stopped drinking at a very low dosage - About 50mg iirc - I titrated using the guide to 150mg and then back to 100mg - I thought of coming down, basically to save some money as I was doing fine - My ridiculous anxieties then returned so I went back up

Without knowing what causes the anxieties and the subsequent issues with how to deal with the cause I am in a, sort of limbo as to how long Baclofen is going to be part of my life?

Regards my lovely

Bacman

Edit: Not a drop has passed my lips within these 153 days 

Edited by Baclofenman
  • Like 3

Lostinspace
4 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Nice reminder, thanks. Congrats, on the sober time, Lis. Absolutely amazing.

Thanks Ne!

Bacman - Congrats on five months sober! That’s huge! I also agree with Ne, though, that your best bet is to stay at 100 mg for a good long while. I understand about wanting to save money - BELIEVE me. I’m on 360 mg and even though 160 mg of it is through a prescription, and I have insurance, I pay for ALL of it thanks to my $2600 deductible (which I’ll never meet barring something catastrophic). It might cost money, but think of how much more money you spent on alcohol when you were drinking. You’ll have time to work out what causes your underlying anxieties, how to deal with them, etc. I could be wrong, and maybe it’s because I only know of a few people, but it seems that people who come off of baclofen and stay sober were on bac for a good few years before tapering off. They had time to remake their outlooks and their lives in a way that alcohol simply doesn’t fit in, even when things get really stressful. Try not to rush coming off.

• Like 2

Ne1
16 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Without knowing what causes the anxieties and the subsequent issues with how to deal with the cause I am in a, sort of limbo as to how long Baclofen is going to be part of my life?

Edit: Not a drop has passed my lips within these 153 days 

I have come to the conclusion, based on a bunch of reading, but nothing specific, that it's simple brain chemistry that causes the anxiety. There are lots of ways to change brain chemistry, all of which we talk about here. Exercise. Meditation. Baclofen. Naltrexone. Spiritual awakening. Sex. But your question is, as of now, unanswerable. At least in terms of the research. 

15 hours ago, Lostinspace said:

...and maybe it’s because I only know of a few people, but it seems that people who come off of baclofen and stay sober were on bac for a good few years before tapering off. They had time to remake their outlooks and their lives in a way that alcohol simply doesn’t fit in, even when things get really stressful. Try not to rush coming off.

I don't think I know anyone who has come off of baclofen and stayed sober for an extended period of time. Actually, one guy, RoadtoRecovery from MWO. He recently posted, under a different username, that he was still abstinent and I think he got sober before I did in 2011. And of course, bleep goes back and forth...Wait, there's FredtheCat, right? And someone else I'm missing. I know Missykc isn't taking any, but I reserve judgment until it's been at least a year, you know? 

In other completely unrelated news, I bought Simple Truth Organic Milk, and it has fish gelatin made from tilapia in it and fish oil from anchovies and sardines. And skim milk. WTH? What is simple or truthful about that? I hate to throw it out, but it makes my stomach turn to think about putting fish gelatin on my corn flakes. Fish gelatin in general is pretty nauseating. I'll take milk in my milk and my fish oil in a pill, like God meant it to be. 

• Like 1

StuckinLA

@Lostinspace I am soooooo looking forward to finding Omega Creamery in stores somewhere, along with Beyond Meat - and Beyond Eggs should be launching soon. I am still buying leather products, so I'm not living the total vegan lifestyle (like I almost certainly should). But I justify that by telling myself that these are once-in-a-lifetime purchases. One shoulder bag/briefcase that I'll use the rest of my life, one pair of shoes that will last almost forever if taken care of, that kind of thing. At least it's better than consuming animal products 3 times a day.

That was random. Anyway, I won't be around the forum much the next few days - teaching this weekend, and when not in class I'll be banging on doors to Get Out the Vote for Bernie. But @Jetsman32 if you need anything, text me. Wow, OK, my "return" key just stopped working, so this is going to be one long-assed paragraph. Thanks for all the good vibes on my thread, guys. The daytimes are going all right. Sleeping like shit, and having awful dreams and waking up every hour the first half of the night, and getting up all woozy and panicky and stumbling half-awake to the kitchen to stuff snack-type food into my face. Then going back to sleep, then waking up and smoking a cigarette. Chugging a lot of water the past few days. Hope it's a good one, all.

• Like 4

Lostinspace

You’re right, Ne. I really don’t know the long-term track record of the people I’m thinking of, so I shouldn’t have spoken to that. My only point was that if someone is dead set on wanting to come off of bac, then it’s best to at least wait a few years. Spend that time building a life with new habits, new hobbies, new ways of dealing with stress and anxiety, like exercise and meditation, exploring and recognizing negative patterns in their life that hold them back or negatively impact them in some way (which invariably also leads to drinking) and actively work to change those patterns, etc. (which, quite frankly is something we should be doing whether we plan on coming off bac or not).

But personally, I’m of the mindset that baclofen and I will be partners for the indefinite future. I think I read that a small number of people can come off of baclofen after a period of time and remain abstinent, but for a majority of us, we need to stay on it indefinitely if we want any chance of remaining sober. I do need to come down from my switch dose at some point, but I think I’m gonna try what (I think, sorry if I’m wrong!) terryk did, and that is to come down a little bit each year, instead of just titrating down and down until cravings kick in, trying to find a maintenance dose. Outside of the cost, I don’t mind being on baclofen, and it’s so much cheaper than the way I used to drink.

Stuck - There’s a whole world of vegan food out there waiting for you to explore! People think it’s a really limiting diet because you can’t eat meat, dairy or eggs (or any foods containing them or any other animal byproduct), but the truth is once you give up those foods you start to discover a whole new world of food that you’ve been blind to before. We should talk offline some time about all this. And don’t worry about the leather. As you say they were once in a lifetime purchases and you don’t plan to make a habit of it. Baby steps and all that. I hope your weekend goes well, that you get some positive responses for Bernie, and that you can start to get some better sleep real soon.

Edited by Lostinspace
  • Like 4

Missykc
9 hours ago, Ne1 said:

I don't think I know anyone who has come off of baclofen and stayed sober for an extended period of time. Actually, one guy, RoadtoRecovery from MWO. He recently posted, under a different username, that he was still abstinent and I think he got sober before I did in 2011. And of course, bleep goes back and forth...Wait, there's FredtheCat, right? And someone else I'm missing. I know Missykc isn't taking any, but I reserve judgment until it's been at least a year, you know? 

Yep. I think I stopped baclofen last December. It was causing electric shocks in my hands when I ran. My running is really important to me and I run in heat most of the year. I'd  get the shocks and I couldn't grip anything. 

I do still have some anxiety. I ran a 6 day race in Sri Lanka in March and took 30 mgs of baclofen because of my anxiety. It was hotter than anywhere I've run. The second day in I got the shocks and stopped baclofen. 

I agree with Lis. If I didn't have things more important than drinking I'd most likely be right back at it. 

Edited by Missykc
  • Like 2

MJM

Just a quick check-in. Getting a few days sober, then blowing it. But up 10mg on Bac last two days, going for another 10mg in a day.

Despite the drinking, I am feeling hopeful.

• Like 3

Lostinspace

MJM - Thanks for the quick update. You should feel hopeful. It sounds like your drinking is slowing down from the last time you posted, from one day on, one day off, to getting a few AF days at a time. I’m glad the extra bac seems to be helping. Hang in there. It won’t be long until you’re sober on all days again.

StuckinLA

My rabbit is chasing my cats around the apartment, the cats have run through all the rooms to get away as the rabbit follows them. They (the cats) have now both jumped to higher ground, and are watching the rabbit hop around sniffing things before he settles into his corner in the bedroom, on what used to be a cat bed and is now a rabbit bed.

Just thought I'd check in on the thread to give you all a funny/happy image to start your day.

• Like 3

Ne1

I will check with guitarista about the meditation he uses. I really like the Jon Kabat Zinn ones, except for the raising meditation, which totally irritates me. You're supposed to look at it and smell it and then roll it around in your mouth and totally "experience" the raisin. WTFever, dude. It's just a raisin! ;)

LIS, how much baclofen are you taking? 

On 6/4/2016 at 7:15 PM, MJM said:

Just a quick check-in. Getting a few days sober, then blowing it. But up 10mg on Bac last two days, going for another 10mg in a day.

Despite the drinking, I am feeling hopeful.

Same here, MJM. Glad  you're working through it. As of yesterday, I'm taking 320mg. My switch dose the last time. Still have incredible underlying anxiety, and depression, though. Freaking out about every-little-thing. 

I finished another very long series of books this morning, and I'm trying to resist reading, since it's my escape, so trying to resist ordering more books...Or reading the one Stuck sent me, which is endlessly long. ha!

I need to study. And I need to do some other tasks related to finances and the IRS and school loan paperwork, that totally overwhelms me. 

We're scheduled to go to a baseball game tonight (AAA or AA or something--the farm team for the Baltimore Orioles, which is our home team) with people from Ed's work. Totally not enthused, but have to go and it'll be good for me, too. And fun, I suppose! :) 

• Like 1

time2quit

Karen it's a ball game and just the atmosphere is fun.  It's hard to not drink at a ball game but I ,myself can only have so many $6 beers.  anyway I'm busting my balls doing  manual labor.  Need to get back into a sales job fairly quickly,  my 40 year old body can't take this shit for much longer

• Like 1

Baclofenman
2 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Same here, MJM. Glad  you're working through it. As of yesterday, I'm taking 320mg. My switch dose the last time. Still have incredible underlying anxiety, and depression, though. Freaking out about every-little-thing. 

Same dosage, no switch - Whats the difference?

Switch level changed?

The additional drugs effecting Baclofen's effect?

Maybe if you feel so low at the moment, it might be a opportune moment to strip back to basics and to revert back to what you were on when you succeeded the first time?

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2