The End of my Addiction

Baclofenman
1 hour ago, Nicnak said:

Thanks for that ,it was very helpful and I feel slightly more hopeful.

its actually about 15 years since his last conviction and he was only once over the limit then.

This time when he was breathalysed it was inconclusive and he agreed to a blood test,we found out later that if he hadn't agreed to a blood test they couldn't have charged him with drunk driving.

I could quite happily strangle him for what he's putting me and the kids through.If he goes to prison he could loose his job and I don't earn enough to pay the mortgage and all the bills

@Nicnak

Hi Nicnak

A DR* will be considered spent and should not show on his driving license paper section (even though this is no longer valid) A DR* can be removed 11 years from the date of conviction 

Again, I repeat the dangerous driving element is the crux - A simply no injury bash happens every day and may result in a careless driving charge - I cannot help by feel that there is something the prosecution feel they have on him

To be charged with dangerous driving

• The way he drives falls far below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver and
  • It would be obvious to a competent and careful driver that driving in that way would be dangerous 

For me, it would be the interpretation of competent - By the very nature that levels of blood/alcohol define that above 80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, one is unfit (competent) to drive, would indicate, he was not competent

I think you need to talk to the Solicitor to obtain the exact content of the allegations contained under the umbrella of dangerous driving

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

Baclofenman

God - Bloody Face Time

My 10 year old daughter accidentally cut off her "boyfriend" and now cannot re connect

First love little girl in floods of tears....

Regards

Bacman

• Like 3

Ne1

Oh, bacman, the first crush? That's so sweet and scary! I had my first crush when I was 10, too. His name was Mike and when we had music class and he sang, he sang really loudly and off-key and I thought it was really sweet. :) Apparently you're a man of many talents that you know so much about the law! Good info. Thanks for sharing it. 

@Nicnak, my husband got a DUI and has a pending court date (July 7) too. And he also refused the breathalyzer. In this country you can refuse the roadside breathalyzer, but then they take you to the station and if you refuse it there, it's an additional criminal charge. He made lots of really bad decisions that night, actually, that are really going to affect his case and increase his punishment. I try really hard not to be angry or upset with him about it, because he already feels so badly about it all. But it's hard not to be pissed (angry, not drunk) with him. <sigh> It is what it is, though, and no changing it now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both. When is his court date again? 

Pete the Pup got a toad last night. I thought it was a bone (we give her raw bones to chew on) and picked it up. OMG. SO disgusting. Turned out it wasn't dead, and jumped when I touched it. Scared me half to death. Talk about fight-or-flight reactions. I screeched like a little girl. 

That's all I've got. Hope you guys have a good day. It's gorgeous here, and we'll spend the day in the gardens, weeding and planting and what not. :) 

• Like 1

Nicnak

Hi NE

his court date is 11th if July.

I really can't believe this has happened to us on top of everything else.We are lucky that because it's been going on so long the insurance company paid out on his written off car.In this country most insurance companies only pay out to third parties on a dui.They were waiting in the outcome of his conviction but I think it probably costs them more money to keep the case open.So we now have £5000 to pay for a solicitor.They are trying for legal aid but are not hopeful as they said we earn to much(not that I think it's much lol)

• Like 2

Nicnak

I'm now on 90mg of Bac and SE's are ok.Sleeping good at the moment but snoring majorly!.Still nodding off in the day when I'm relaxing but all in all not to bad at the moment.Last time it was the confusion that really scared me and I couldn't sleep at and ended up pacing my bedroom in the middle of the night but can't remember at what mg this was

• Like 4

Baclofenman
7 hours ago, Nicnak said:

Hi NE

I really can't believe this has happened to us on top of everything else.We are lucky that because it's been going on so long the insurance company paid out on his written off car.In this country most insurance companies only pay out to third parties on a dui.They were waiting in the outcome of his conviction but I think it probably costs them more money to keep the case open.So we now have £5000 to pay for a solicitor.They are trying for legal aid but are not hopeful as they said we earn to much(not that I think it's much lol)

Legal Aid has been tightly regulated over recent years - I believe if your GROSS is over 2.5K you will not get help

AFAIK Legal aid is not available for first time Drink Drivers and this is irrespective of earnings

5K is about the going rate (Ever met a poor Solicitor?) - Even if you win your case you may only be able to claim a VERY SMALL percentage of your costs back - There are cases of people admitting to charges just to avoid solicitors costs - It is disgraceful 

Regards

Bacman

Baclofenman
8 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Apparently you're a man of many talents that you know so much about the law! Good info. Thanks for sharing it. 

I have an interest in a lot of different area's - I hate to see injustice dished out to the vulnerable - I know a shed load of shit about employment law, not because I practice it but because it holds a great interest for me - I know more about Magistrate stuff than Crown Court, because Crown Court is more unpredictable as it is more about interpretation than Magistrates, which is more "by the book"

People tend to prefer the Crown Court as you are judged by your peers (12 good men and true) rather than "normal" people acting as magistrates - I think for certain charges this is true

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

Ne1

Off to a late start here in Ne-land. Gotta do the dog and then continue with the yard work...Not as enticing as it was yesterday. But still a lovely day, with Ed home, so no complaining allowed. 

Hope you all are enjoying, too. 

• Like 2

Molly78

Very sorry to hear about DIU's/drink driving problems. There but for the Grace of God............& I bet I'm not the only person on the forum thinking this!

Hey,  I just noticed we are heading towards 100 members (97 today). Cause for celebration & cheering up?

• Like 1

Nicnak

Small but select group Molly ?

I suppise slot of us could be where my husband is but he's done it in style!

• Like 2

Baclofenman
2 hours ago, Nicnak said:

I suppise slot of us could be where my husband is but he's done it in style!

Indeed....

It could have been a whole lot worse...Been there :(

Regards

Bacman

Baclofenman
10 hours ago, StuckinLA said:

Glad you're looking out for the workers, @Baclofenman, esq.

Always Stuck

Workers are generally shat on from a great height

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

Ne1
21 hours ago, Molly78 said:

Very sorry to hear about DIU's/drink driving problems. There but for the Grace of God............& I bet I'm not the only person on the forum thinking this!

Hey,  I just noticed we are heading towards 100 members (97 today). Cause for celebration & cheering up?

The greatest irony of the whole thing is that I shouldn't have been driving that night, for sure. I even had an empty beer bottle in my glove compartment. Which I couldn't open, to get my registration, because then the police officer would have seen the empty beer bottle. So I told him I couldn't find my registration. He said, no prob. Ed, on the other hand, had a full bottle of wine that was a parting gift from his boss, in his cupholder when he was stopped. He never thought to hide it, and didn't think he was drunk. I could kill him. He also said a bunch of really self-incriminating things to the police officers on the roadside and at the station. 

And he has the nerve to blame all of our problems on me. As I said on my thread, it's nice to have a little bit of my self-worth restored because it's really helped me see that our relationship is imbalanced in all sorts of dysfunctional ways. 

18 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Workers are generally shat on from a great height

Amen to that. Short version of a funny story. My therapist was having trouble with her brand new car and it should be covered under warranty but the dealership/mechanic said it was not. I woke up the next morning incensed on her behalf. Wrote a letter to the dealership for her to send them, told her to call and what to say. They still said no. Told her to get it in writing and make a youtube video. Also called and got the direct line to the office of the Vice President in the US. (Not an easy feat! They keep that information hidden for a reason.) Anyway, did a bunch of other stuff and needless to say, they covered the repair. It only took two days and a couple of phone calls.

She suggested that I use a little of "my fire" toward other aspects of my life. But man, corporations that take advantage of people's ignorance, and their willingness to just take it, makes me CRAZY. She also suggested that I could be a consumer advocate. Which is exactly what I want to do, but for our tribe. 

Took the dog out for an hour this morning! And yesterday, and for a week before that while we were in the city. I'm on a roll! :)

Hope it's a good day, y'all. 

• Like 3

Ne1
On 6/18/2016 at 9:52 AM, Nicnak said:

Glad you got the money for a lawyer. In our experience, paying for a bonafide, very expensive lawyer, is worth every penny. This time his lawyer just said, "You're in real trouble. I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do for you." :( It could actually turn out that he has his license revoked for a year, and because he didn't take the breathalyzer at the station, that they will not give him a restricted license to drive to and from work. He works 35 minutes away, and often has to drive to other locations for his job. It won't be possible for him to not drive. Very, very worried. Can't wait to get it over with. Sort of. 

On 6/18/2016 at 4:14 PM, Nicnak said:

I'm now on 90mg of Bac and SE's are ok.Sleeping good at the moment but snoring majorly!.Still nodding off in the day when I'm relaxing but all in all not to bad at the moment.Last time it was the confusion that really scared me and I couldn't sleep at and ended up pacing my bedroom in the middle of the night but can't remember at what mg this was

Glad that you're doing okay, and yes, sleeping is VERY important. The snoring could be because you have sleep apnea. Did you before you started taking baclofen? 

• Like 1

Nicnak
26 minutes ago, Ne1 said:

Glad you got the money for a lawyer. In our experience, paying for a bonafide, very expensive lawyer, is worth every penny. This time his lawyer just said, "You're in real trouble. I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to do for you." :( It could actually turn out that he has his license revoked for a year, and because he didn't take the breathalyzer at the station, that they will not give him a restricted license to drive to and from work. He works 35 minutes away, and often has to drive to other locations for his job. It won't be possible for him to not drive. Very, very worried. Can't wait to get it over with. Sort of. 

Glad that you're doing okay, and yes, sleeping is VERY important. The snoring could be because you have sleep apnea. Did you before you started taking baclofen? 

I didn't suffer before and only snored now and again

Felina
2 hours ago, Nicnak said:

I didn't suffer before and only snored now and again

I remember snoring a lot when I was going upwards on baclofen. I'd even find myself snoring a little when I was awake and relaxed. Pretty typical bac side effect IMO, and nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

StuckinLA

Well I haven't been around much the past couple days, but do want everyone to know I'm alive. And, well, been drinking a lot. Between a going away party at a Brewery on Saturday night, the hangover/withdrawal drinking Sunday afternoon, and then the girl was over at a friend's place watching Game of Thrones and she texted me to invite me over.

Slept pretty fitfully last night - that's to be expected, but on top of that it was like 112 degrees yesterday. What is that in Celsius? 50? So I'm just in bed all day and all night in front of my tiny air conditioner. But instead of reaching for a shot glass when I woke in the middle of the night, I went out to the kitchen for a glass of water and some gabapentin. Then more of both when I got up this morning. That's been a pretty winning combination for me, so I'm going to stick with that today.

Definitely need to get a few things straightened out - dishes, sweep the floors, mail in some school contracts and rent. Pay bills. All that fun stuff. And I don't think it's supposed to be much cooler the rest of the week. I need to move out of this damned desert.

• Like 4

bleep

Hey, hope everyone is ok. Not been around in a while, things are horribly hectic here in Zimbabwe, again. The bloody government has stolen all the money out the banks, again, and so here we go, again! Life is always interesting.

I am going to read up and around, and hopefully be able to contribute a little more regularly, but who knows what's in store for us here. We may well be broke refugees in a couple of months. Thank fuck for baclofen, this would have been tricky to handle pissed or hungover.

• Like 3

Baclofenman
On 20/06/2016 at 4:40 PM, Felina said:

I'd even find myself snoring a little when I was awake and relaxed. 

HA - I thought it was only me - Glad to know I am in good company

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

bleep

Bacman, your sig has me humming the Cure, haven't heard in ages! Off to download, thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

Baclofenman

Hi Bleep

29 minutes ago, bleep said:

The bloody government has stolen all the money out the banks, again, and so here we go, again! 

This must be Mugabe's latest side hobby from burning down Farms - He is one nasty individual

Anyway, nice to hear from you mate, hope things improve - Soon!!

Regards

Bacman

Baclofenman
8 minutes ago, bleep said:

Bacman, your sig has me humming the Cure, haven't heard in ages! Off to download, thanks for the reminder!

I LOVE Robert Smith - And yes, in a man-crush way - I want to be him - (Yes I know that is fucked up) - lol

I have worn out at least 3 CD's of Blood Flowers

I know this is not the music thread but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdHyuPZY8s

I am watching it now

Regards

Bacman

SKendall

Hi all, I just love the diversity of this forum.

Loop, I would love to know more about your work.

Stuck, it's still in the 60's here, but it's warming up.  My b/d tomorrow, always follows summer solstice and I haven't spent it in weather this cool since I lived in the UK (lol).  I have befriended a couple of kids who like my dog age 3 and 14.  Apparently dad got laid off and they've been living w/o electricity for about a week.  On Saturday the 14 yr old had that very sad look and stare.

This isn't bragging on myself but an opportunity to see how enthusiasm works.  On Sunday they (all kids) were all gathered around the picnic tables so I ordered a couple of large pizzas for them and told him about a cherry tree close to us.  Monday, cherries were picked and signs were up charging 2 cents a cherry.  He had 2 goals 1) to earn his first dollar; 2) to reach a goal of $5 and a wish for $10.  He made his first 2 and was 43 cents away from the $10.  Setting goals and achieving them was a great boost to him and he became so enthused he was bouncing and told me he hadn't had this much fun for a long time.  This wasn't fun because he'd played a video game or gotten a new tablet it emanated from a 14 yr. old setting a goal, executing it and enjoying that sense of achievement that no amount of money can buy. I felt privileged to be part of it.  Today I took him old magazines and paperbacks and tomorrow he comes to change a light bulb, move a table  and vacuum living room and each job is $2.00 and are things I can't do with the back injuries.

• Like 7

time2quit

Way to go SK kill two  birds and all that jazz.  Get some work done and teach a kid at the time......

• Like 2

bleep
12 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

I LOVE Robert Smith - And yes, in a man-crush way - I want to be him - (Yes I know that is fucked up) - lol

I have worn out at least 3 CD's of Blood Flowers

I know this is not the music thread but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdHyuPZY8s

I am watching it now

Regards

Bacman

It's playing in the background as I work, thanks!

SKendall

Earlier I meant to ask bleep about his work, not Loop.  No offense to Loop but I was interested in the Zimbabwe aspect.

Ne1

Hey all. Fly-by from me. Had a super-fantastic day, but no time for EOMA. :( 

Yay, SKendall!

Boo, bleep. Dammit. You have to hold that country together until we can visit in 2018. That's all I'm askin'. Well, that and that you don't end up as penniless refugees. You know you're welcome here. Tight fit, but we'd figure it out. ;) 

So great to see who's checking in and what's going on. And yeah, I have the song playing in the background, too. Takes me WAY back. But what is in your signature @Baclofenman that indicates a love for Robert Smith? At least it isn't Morrissey. He just makes me wanna crawl in a cave. 

Love you guys. Can't wait to tell you about my day. But I'll leave you in suspense for now. :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Like 2

StuckinLA

Pretty good day here, too. Started one of the books on my summer list last night, got most of the way through it. A little writing this morning, a couple errands, a stop for an iced coffee and journal-writing on a shaded cafe patio. Then finished the book I'd started and then another chapter down in another book on the list.

And yes, Ne, they are all depressing. Learning to Die in the Anthropocene is one, and the other is The Violet Hour: Great Writers at the End. :)

• Like 4

Baclofenman

Referendum day

It is referendum day today - Time to vote in or out of Europe - The weather is trying to tell us something - It is pissing down

7 hours ago, Ne1 said:

So great to see who's checking in and what's going on. And yeah, I have the song playing in the background, too. Takes me WAY back. But what is in your signature @Baclofenman that indicates a love for Robert Smith? At least it isn't Morrissey. He just makes me wanna crawl in a cave. 

Morrissey is a ledge, Ne

The boy with a thorn in his side - Could be a reflective song from most on this Forum....

Next you will be saying Radiohead are rubbish?? .... :)

Whats happened in your day?

7 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Boo, bleep. Dammit. You have to hold that country together until we can visit in 2018.

Never been to Zimmie - Group crash to Bleeps?

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1