The End of my Addiction

Recruiting new members

Mentium

Just a thought. There are 25 at the moment. 'Traditional' forums such as www.soberrecovery.com, which very active and generally helpful tend to frown on any mention of meds. I almost got banned for raising a discussion about baclofen.

This forum needs to grow. Just wondering how to go about it.

• Like 2

I think that's something we'll have to work on and think about as we grow organically over the next couple of months. 

There is a goal to raise enough money to make sure that we are able to pay to get a higher listing on Google. But I don't see that, or growing exponentially, as the priority right now. 

Do you have any thoughts? 

I will publicize it on my sites.  I wouldn't really worry about it too much.  At its peak the Meds thread there only ever has a handful of regular posters at any one time.  I think that the more people post here, the less time we will spend dealing with trolls on the other forum and it will be taken over by the Crazy.  Hopefully that will make people come here for sane conversations about this issue.  MWO was never ideal for meds because it is a subtopic in a commercial L-Glutamine site.  I would like to think it will fade away in terms of its prominence in the Meds area.  Now there is a dedicated site, we can liaise with other forums in France and Germany and get them to sign up here.  Shouldn't be a problem getting numbers up to a critical level where there are enough people to keep discussion going.  

Edited by Otter
  • Like 2

Thanks, Otter.

I think time is a big factor, too...

I haven't yet reached out to the other sites, and wasn't planning on doing it immediately. I want to make sure that all of our functions are in place, and working consistently. And I want the information to be complete and accurate. Both of those things will also take time. 

Slow and steady growth is not a bad thing. 

I think you're right to take that approach. The other forums we've tried to set up have had poor graphics and layout and that is important because forums are places you want to go to feel at home and they should be easy to navigate and pleasant to look at, which this is.  

By the way, the doctors bit about Glasgow and Paisley isn't right.  It reflects my posts and I need to correct it.  I think the names mentioned need to be removed.  I wrote to Ne about it and haven't heard back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Otter said:

I think you're right to take that approach. The other forums we've tried to set up have had poor graphics and layout and that is important because forums are places you want to go to feel at home and they should be easy to navigate and pleasant to look at, which this is.  

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Otter said:

By the way, the doctors bit about Glasgow and Paisley isn't right.  It reflects my posts and I need to correct it.  I think the names mentioned need to be removed.  

I'm fixing it now. Thank you for the feedback!