The End of my Addiction

High temperature

Chrysalis

Has anyone experienced a high temperature as a bac SE?  Temperature of 100 degress last night for no apparent reason.. Iknow that my immune system is shot to hell and so I guess I am prone to things but could this be down to something else?

On 4/4/2016 at 4:51 PM, Chrysalis said:

Has anyone experienced a high temperature as a bac SE?  Temperature of 100 degress last night for no apparent reason.. Iknow that my immune system is shot to hell and so I guess I am prone to things but could this be down to something else?

Infection or virus. A temp of greater than 100 is reason to see a doctor. Or a temp of 100 for more than a couple of days...If it's just a one time occurrence, and you're generally a healthy adult (despite the fact that we're all struggling with compromises to our health if we're still drinking), then it's probably not worth a doctor's visit. In general. Y'all know I'm not a doctor, so take this advice for what it's worth...

How are you feeling now, Chrys? 

By the way, I have been meaning to tell you this, that of all the names I've seen on forums over the years, I think your username is my absolute favorite. What incredible symbolism. And do you know that we have NO IDEA what happens in the cocoon? It's one of the great mysteries of the world, honestly. Scientists have been studying it for years, trying to figure out how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. Can't figure it out...I heard a podcast on it. If I can remember where I heard it, I'll link it, just in case you have any interest in it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Ne1 it was on Radiolab. It was really interesting. Basically the caterpillar liquefies and somehow reemerges as a butterfly, but they also showed that the butterfly retained "memories" (aversion to unpleasant stimuli) after the transformation. 

Edited by Felina
  • Like 1

Hi, I'd forgotten I posted this I'm afraid and hadn't clicked on notifications. The high temp only lasted a day so I am much better now.

I chose the name because I feel like I'm going through a transformation just now, and on the subject of retaining memories, did you see that when mice were subjected to the scent of cherry blossom and given electric shocks at the same time, their offspring showed fear when they smelt cherry blossom.  No wonder we are all so stressed!  I am going to post more about my situation soon.. Good to hear from you all.

I must try and find that podcast too.

Chrys

• Like 3

Glad to see you back, and glad that the fever didn't last. 

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I chose the name because I feel like I'm going through a transformation just now,

... I am going to post more about my situation soon.. Good to hear from you all.

Yeah, that's why I love the name. Perfect for transition to something...beautiful/flying/etc...

Looking forward to hearing about you.

Podcast is http://www.radiolab.org/story/goo-and-you/

:)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Thanks, Ne. In a very strange place just now.  But the only way is up!

I hear ya'. The place I'm in isn't so strange, it just kinda sucks. lol. And I just keep reminding myself that there is an UP. Glad you checked in.