The End of my Addiction

Congratulations, Baclofenman!

Ne1

You may not be counting days, but that doesn't mean the milestones are irrelevant.

Congratulations on 100 days! 

I couldn't find a party emoji, and I've overused the hug for everyday things...So I guess I'll just use words to say that I'm really happy for you, proud of you for your accomplishment, and hope you'll share more about it here, soon. 

(And yes, I know that because of the time difference you may very well be asleep, or should be...But wanted to be the very first to say congrats!) 

:hug:

• Like 3

"Sleeping is for wimps" once said Englands finest spiv - Derek Trotter

Thanks Ne - I have been counting and posting every now and again in the Nest roll call on MWO - I know things have changed there but I so value the help and support I got from some of the girls in the nest - Its tinged with a little sadness as one of my friends who I was neck and neck with, did not make it but I am sure she will get there one day soon :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

I will share my story, it is not as moving as some of the ones on the Forum

Its only 100 days so I am still very focused, maybe after 365 days, I might relax on myself for a while

But I doubt it

Best wishes my friend

Bacman

• Like 5

On 4/9/2016 at 7:59 PM, Baclofenman said:

"Sleeping is for wimps" once said Englands finest spiv - Derek Trotter

Thanks Ne - I have been counting and posting every now and again in the Nest roll call on MWO - I know things have changed there but I so value the help and support I got from some of the girls in the nest - Its tinged with a little sadness as one of my friends who I was neck and neck with, did not make it but I am sure she will get there one day soon :75_EmoticonsHDcom:

I will share my story, it is not as moving as some of the ones on the Forum

Its only 100 days so I am still very focused, maybe after 365 days, I might relax on myself for a while

But I doubt it

Best wishes my friend

Bacman

Whoever Derek Trotter is, and whatever a spiv is, I heartily disagree with him. Sleeping is a gift from the Gods. 

I hope with all my ability to hope that someday we will have a newbies nest that offers the same support (with perhaps a bit more tolerance) as the nest on MWO. It is where I started, too. And so, so important for many reasons. The person I first bonded with their didn't make it either, and still isn't well. Which is very sad. 

I don't know what you mean by "relax on yourself", but I do know that it gets much easier to contemplate a life without alcohol as time goes on...Especially since you are so involved with other things that fill your time productively.

:75_EmoticonsHDcom:

16 hours ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

Congrats Bacman!!  ???

Hey!?! Where did you find the party emoticon??? I really must learn more about how to use forums than I know. <sigh>

20 hours ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

Congrats Bacman!!  ???

Thanks Mom....

4 hours ago, Ne1 said:

I hope with all my ability to hope that someday we will have a newbies nest that offers the same support (with perhaps a bit more tolerance) as the nest on MWO. It is where I started, too. And so, so important for many reasons. The person I first bonded with their didn't make it either, and still isn't well. Which is very sad. 

Yes - she is a lovely Lady, I am hoping when she is feeling up to it she will post here

4 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Hey!?! Where did you find the party emoticon??? I really must learn more about how to use forums than I know. <sigh>

:sorcerer: - I know its a wizard but it sort of looks like its having a party - Sort of

4 hours ago, Ne1 said:

Whoever Derek Trotter is, and whatever a spiv is, I heartily disagree with him. Sleeping is a gift from the Gods. 

It a British (well south London English) thing Ne - Another quality show you have missed out on!!

For good British Comedy I recommend The Queen of Spains Beard - And yes, I can recite every word - verbatim 

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

:sorcerer: - I know its a wizard but it sort of looks like its having a party - Sort of

For good British Comedy I recommend The Queen of Spains Beard - And yes, I can recite every word - verbatim 

I dig the wizard! :)

Will attempt to try to watch the show at some point. I have very little patience for watching tv, and much prefer hours with a good book. Still, worth checking out if you think it's funny enough to memorize. 

:hug:

• Like 1

It is very British Ne - Based around the time of Henry Tudor (Henry VII) and Richard III - 1480's - You either love it or you hate it - Im not sure you will "get it" but I bet @Otter will

It contains the very funny (IMO) Blue Stone of Galveston ditty 

Anyway, have a book at the ready just in case ;)

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

On April 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Ne1 said:

On my iPad ??❤️?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2016 at 7:43 PM, Ne1 said:

Sweet Mary, how can you not know who Delboy is? The Director In Charge of Trotters Independent Traders. One of the finest shows ever.

Well done Bacman. We never really crossed paths much, but I would silently applaud every rebuttal of whathisface. Keep it up.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Baclofenman said:

Thanks Bleep - Yes TIT, Rodney' sun cream mark - PMSL

You know it drives me crazy when you don't speak proper English and use acronyms that are beyond my endless knowledge. ;)

Will watch it this weekend, or try, if we can actually get it here. 

Mom, I am quite sure that I could figure out how to make some new emojis happen from my Mac, but that, too, will have to wait. I just figured out how to use the ones on my phone, for goodness sakes. 

Bacman has exceptional knowledge of the English Language ..none to be messed with me thinks... when it comes to the placement of a full stop let alone the infamous exclamation mark..

and expression he is second to none

Congratulations and keep on keeping on

bacmiester

Edited by Reggie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reggie said:

Bacman has exceptional knowledge of the English Language ..none to be messed with me thinks...

You say that just because you speak weird English, too, Regmeister. ;)

AMERICAN ENGLISH, please. (I'm kidding, of course. And bacman knows I love the fact that he keeps me on my toes and generally entertains me a great deal, especially when he's being particularly British.) :75_EmoticonsHDcom: to you both. 

• Like 1

I love Aussies, Reggie - In fact I have never met one I did not like - We had one over from Hobart (I know people from Down Under think they are weird) and he was a thoroughly good egg - In fact he stayed for two years longer than his year out - Dammed fine fellow - Intelligent too....

I do like a .... and a - , which I guess my old English teacher would not be impressed with but it all adds to the impetus one is trying to project

Truth be known Reggie, Ne knows but I usually put my posts through a spell checker. Since my stroke in March 2015 my brain to hand co-ordination has been nothing short of rubbish along with my short term memory (I have to write everything down)

I will tell you a silly story:

Every time I go shopping I have to write a list because I will forget stuff and that really pisses me off - Normally I write the list and off I pop to the shops - When I am there I realise (S not a Z Ne) I have left It behind on the kitchen table - Needless to say I forgot half of it

The last time I went shopping I was in such a fluster to remember the list I got in a bit of a tiz - I put the list in my wallet and popped to the shops and did my shopping - Only when I got home did I remember I had actually taken the list but forgotten I had it - Cock! - Needles to say I forgot to get half of it

Memory is such a thing we take for granted - Its a bastard when you have none

Still on the upside, In the months since I have been going to the gym I have got back the brain/leg co-ordination in my left leg, which is brilliant

Anyway I am off now as I am boring myself......

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ne1 said:

You know it drives me crazy when you don't speak proper English and use acronyms that are beyond my endless knowledge. ;)

Will watch it this weekend, or try, if we can actually get it here. 

Mom, I am quite sure that I could figure out how to make some new emojis happen from my Mac, but that, too, will have to wait. I just figured out how to use the ones on my phone, for goodness sakes. 

TIT - Trotters Independent Traders - Of course - Silly :)

19 minutes ago, Baclofenman said:

Every time I go shopping I have to write a list because I will forget stuff and that really pisses me off - Normally I write the list and off I pop to the shops - When I am there I realise (S not a Z Ne) I have left It behind on the kitchen table - Needless to say I forgot half of it

The last time I went shopping I was in such a fluster to remember the list I got in a bit of a tiz - I put the list in my wallet and popped to the shops and did my shopping - Only when I got home did I remember I had actually taken the list but forgotten I had it - Cock! - Needles to say I forgot to get half of it

Dude. That's the story of my life and I have no brain trauma to blame it on. My mother is worse than I am about it all...And my family is convinced it's genetic. Right along with the complete inability to get from point A to point B without getting hopelessly lost. I couldn't find my way out of a wet paper bag without going in circles. Thanks, Mom. 

17 minutes ago, Baclofenman said:

TIT - Trotters Independent Traders - Of course - Silly :)

Oh, of course. How silly that I didn't realiZe that. 

• Like 1

Bacman, it's never as bad as it could be! Whether that's a good thing or not depends on one's perspective obviously.

Check out the guy who has no memory whatsoever, and take a moment to wonder what life must be like. A Google search for Clive Wearing should turn him up.

Ne, if you spend the weekend watching Only Fools and Horses, it will be a weekend well spent. If you then come back and say that British humoUr escapes you, I feel perhaps we should start a forum for people like you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleep said:

Ne, if you spend the weekend watching Only Fools and Horses, it will be a weekend well spent. If you then come back and say that British humoUr escapes you, I feel perhaps we should start a forum for people like you.

lol. I will endeavor to enjoy it, then. Hate to be in a forum of one...

43 minutes ago, Baclofenman said:

I love Aussies, Reggie - In fact I have never met one I did not like - We had one over from Hobart (I know people from Down Under think they are weird) and he was a thoroughly good egg - In fact he stayed for two years longer than his year out - Dammed fine fellow - Intelligent too....

I do like a .... and a - , which I guess my old English teacher would not be impressed with but it all adds to the impetus one is trying to project

Truth be known Reggie, Ne knows but I usually put my posts through a spell checker. Since my stroke in March 2015 my brain to hand co-ordination has been nothing short of rubbish along with my short term memory (I have to write everything down)

I will tell you a silly story:

Memory is such a thing we take for granted - Its a bastard when you have none

Still on the upside, In the months since I have been going to the gym I have got back the brain/leg co-ordination in my left leg, which is brilliant

Anyway I am off now as I am boring myself......

Regards

Bacman

I make those lists too and leave them behind and never get all that I need. This week I made the list in notes on my phone. I almost always have it with me. Problem solved!  Stay tuned...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bleep said:

Bacman, it's never as bad as it could be! Whether that's a good thing or not depends on one's perspective obviously.

Check out the guy who has no memory whatsoever, and take a moment to wonder what life must be like. A Google search for Clive Wearing should turn him up.

@bleep - Spot on mate, It could be far worse and for that I am truly thankful - That dude' issues are awful - Not only no past memory but no retentive memory of current events... Jeez

After Fools & Horses, Ne, you need to watch Blackadder  Series 3, where Stephen Fry appears as Wellington. It's a classic, I have rewatched it endlessly with the family, & it's the source of many of our family quotes. ("Congratulations on buying the XXX Canonette - it will give you years of happy maiming......") it's an experience similar to getting totally pissed IMO, except without the hangover.

Then go on to Faulty Towers with John Cleese, another classic. ("Whatever you do, don't mention the war....")

Actually I quite envy you if you have never seen any real British comedy before - you're in for a treat.

Not that i don't enjoy some of your stuff - Friends was another family favourite, & The Sopranos. And I loved Breaking Bad - really dark humour! 

• Like 1

Oh, the list problem!!!

There are so many stages to fail at:

Write a list.

Remember where you left it.

Take it to the shop with you.

READ it as you go round, don't just carry it, the sodding items don't jump into your trolley because they're on the list.

Take a pen & cross things off as you go round, otherwise you will miss something. If you do, as soon as you get home, put that item on your next list.

Remember where you put it....................

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Molly78 said:

After Fools & Horses, Ne, you need to watch Blackadder  Series 3, where Stephen Fry appears as Wellington. It's a classic, I have rewatched it endlessly with the family, & it's the source of many of our family quotes. ("Congratulations on buying the XXX Canonette - it will give you years of happy maiming......") it's an experience similar to getting totally pissed IMO, except without the hangover.

Then go on to Faulty Towers with John Cleese, another classic. ("Whatever you do, don't mention the war....")

Actually I quite envy you if you have never seen any real British comedy before - you're in for a treat.

Not that i don't enjoy some of your stuff - Friends was another family favourite, & The Sopranos. And I loved Breaking Bad - really dark humour! 

Ahh - Farty Towels...Classic series, did not make enough

Do not waste your time with Ne and breaking bad - IIRC her words were "I could not get into it" or something equally as mad.....

I love "Con Ti Partiro" - which is the music often plating in Tony' house

Regards

Bacman

On 4/14/2016 at 9:42 PM, Baclofenman said:

Do not waste your time with Ne and breaking bad - IIRC her words were "I could not get into it" or something equally as mad.....

Ne, you are a saddo! But I'll forgive you as you have started this marvellous website. Went back briefly to MWO yesterday - same old same old, I can't believe members of this site are still engaging there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Molly78 said:

Ne, you are a saddo! But I'll forgive you as you have started this marvellous website. Went back briefly to MWO yesterday - same old same old, I can't believe members of this site are still engaging there.

Breaking Bad was too intense for me. I tend to watch things that are mindless and not filled with turmoil and angst. I found myself gnawing on my fingernails watching BB. It was a great show, though. Just not one made for the likes of me. 

Thanks for the compliment. :) It wasn't just me, of course. And as to MWO, I don't know that I'll ever be able to leave that place completely. I feel a kind of debt to it... And 6 years of daily reading/posting is a hard habit to break. Maybe I'll outgrow it. I certainly don't have time for it right now. 

I LOVE this space, though, and the conversations we're having. Love, love, love it. I hope it lives a long, fruitful life filled with newbies and old-timers, alike. The way MWO was and could have been if there was anyone at all taking responsibility for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ne1 said:

Breaking Bad was too intense for me. I tend to watch things that are mindless and not filled with turmoil and angst. I found myself gnawing on my fingernails watching BB. It was a great show, though. Just not one made for the likes of me. 

I know what you mean by "intense" - that's what I loved about it.....moments when I got such a shock I spilled my tea all over the laptop!  But having said that, I did have to take a break from it at times because I got too involved - I was watching all the series together on Netflix. I actually had emotional withdrawal symptoms when I got to the last episode.

Then I found "Making a murderer".  Wow! I kept having to check that these were actual people, actual events. You couldn't make a series like that in the UK as things stand, though filming in court is coming our way soon.

Actually, second thoughts, don't try watching "Faulty Towers". That had me biting my finger nails even while I was laughing - it was kind of excruciating, Baclofenman will probably know what I mean.

And sorry, Baclofenman, for derailing your thread, this discussion should probably go under the "Jokes & Humour" forum.

• Like 3