The End of my Addiction
time2quit

The Expanse Series

time2quit

I'm not good at writing book reports so I won't try.  Just want to say this is a great series.  I'm on the third book.  Guess the best way to describe it is science fiction mixed with horror, mystery and drama.  The Books are big paged and like 600 pages a piece so yes a commitment.  When your trying to quit drinking tho that is not a bad thing.  That being said they are quite engaging.  Being such a combination I think that work for a hugely diverse audience.  Highly recommend.  If anyone so feels to try the name of the first in the series is Leviathan Wakes.  The author is James S. A. Corey which is the pen name used by collaborators Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck who have had a book edited by George RR Martin of the Game of Thrones fame.  Give it a shot and if you like maybe we can discuss.

• Like 2

time2quit

OOPS!  thought I was in entertainment.  We should have a book section in entertainment.  IMA leave this here until we do so I can copy and paste it.  Or delete if you feel the need to.  It's your world I'm only living in it.

Edited by time2quit

Admin1
14 hours ago, time2quit said:

OOPS!  thought I was in entertainment.  We should have a book section in entertainment.  IMA leave this here until we do so I can copy and paste it.  Or delete if you feel the need to.  It's your world I'm only living in it.

Not a problem @time2quit This is everybodies Forum. Ask and you will (generally) get.

Welcome to the Book section under Entertainment topics.

• Like 2

Ne1

That he is. 

I'll check that out next, T2Q. Thanks for the recommendation. Horror is not my thing, but sci fi/fantasy is. I'm on the last book in the series I'm currently reading. 

On the other hand, I really do need to start studying for my certification exam and really need to stop reading all day instead. But whatever. One step/day at a time, right? ;)

time2quit

I was kinda thinking of recanting the horror anyway.  It's science fictiony horror not stephen king horror.  It's definitely a space opera tho. 

Edited by time2quit
  • Like 1

time2quit

Another book I recently finished is the new Dean Koontz book  Ashley Bell.  Excellent read.  Koontz is one heck of a story teller and on his game with that one.  Also recently re read Bradbury's fahrenheit 451.  If you've never read or haven't in a long time it is an absolute must.  Plus its only like 150 short Pgs.  So rather quick.  And considering when it was published and what little knowledge of technology was available at the time he gets a lot right.  A lot less daunting than 1984 as well.

Edited by time2quit