The End of my Addiction

Doctors that Prescribe Baclofen

boydy613

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anybody new of any doctors in the southern Californis area that prescribe baclofen or that had experience with the medication. Any help would be much appreciated

26 minutes ago, boydy613 said:

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anybody new of any doctors in the southern Californis area that prescribe baclofen or that had experience with the medication. Any help would be much appreciated

I know @TimberTim was on a couple of things - You might want to PM him

Regards

Bacman

Bacman

• Like 1

Hey, Boyd. Sorry I didn't get back to you more quickly. Our list of doctors is not (yet) very extensive. Still, it bodes pretty well for you that you could find a doc in the SoCal area, as baclofen is more readily accepted (or at least known about) in the larger metro areas of the country. 

I would start by calling addiction psychiatrists. You'll have to go through the rigamarole of speaking with the receptionist/intake person, but I would just ask if the physician uses baclofen to treat alcoholism. In my experience, the person said she would have to check with the doctor and get back to me. 

The other option is just to pick an addiction psychiatrist, make an appointment, go through the whole intake process, and bring the literature/research about baclofen. Ask the doctor to try it out on you, if they're not familiar, at least to a dose of 80mg, which is what the recommended dose limit is in this country. That way you can get started, and if you need to, you can order more online to titrate up further. I know of many people who have gone this route and, when it worked, their doctor was eventually willing to prescribe more. Plus, just getting a script for 80mg will give you the chance to figure out if you want to continue with baclofen, before you go any further...

Let us know what you decide!

• Like 1