The End of my Addiction

Agony Aunt/Uncle

Reggie

Thought I start a thread that explores and provides advice on ... conundrums..

They can sometimes tip us over the edge and lead to a prolonged binge ..so better to consult dear Auntie or Uncle for advice.

Open to wise aunties or uncles we all have good advice ..my first problem

I have a fish in a small tank ..I am the only one who looks after it ..I clean its tank and feed it etc..however ever now and then it expunged a turd as long as my middle finger ..and this coincides with my daughter and partner happening to look at the tank for the first time.

Tonnight I was met with

THATS DISGUSTING by partener

Daughter KILL IT i cant look at that.

So I tried to explain where else is it going to take a dump ? ..fish tanks dont have a flushable toilet?

geezus

solution?

Another One Eckhart Tolle..

Whats with this guy?

he found the present moment ?

and now every ones paying him Millions to ride on the back of that discovery.

take too seconds clear ya mind and think stillness!!!!!!! imagine you are a tree ..still yet flexible with the breezee..

works for me 

wish I could make a million dollar book and expensive retreat hotel out of that discovery

Geeeezus

• Like 1

Final Conundrum .

Will....Donald trump be the next president of the  United States.

AND WHY ..have americans become so disillusioned that they think this hair piece has answers for them 

Geeezus

Edited by Reggie
  • Like 4

I cannot help with the fish conundrum. Sounds pretty yucky to me, too. ;)

I find it incredibly ironic when people who are truly enlightened offer that enlightenment to others at exorbitantly expensive prices. The person who comes to mind for me is...Damn. I can't remember her name. Bruce something or other. Katie Bruce? Bruce Katie? Someone help me out. I looked into her rehab facility several years ago, because she seems to have it all going on, for real. Guess what? $30k/month. I mean, what the hell does someone provide that could actually a service for ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS A DAY??? Especially when they've already got more money than God and are supposedly "enlightened" past the point of caring about material things? Sheesh. 

As for The Donald, I won't comment because I don't want to get into American politics and offend people. I will say this, though: I'm not a supporter but many, many people support him and we should figure out why that is and what to do about it instead of making this more about Us vs. Them. I mean, we have got to figure out a way to work together instead of making things even more divisive. But if I knew how to do that, I'd be an enlightened spiritual guru and have the multimillions to show for it. Right? 

• Like 1

The Donald is Winning because people are sick of "the system"  Good or bad thank God it is happening.  Something has to happen.  The Established 2 party system is Corrupt and at least people are starting to wake up to it.  Albeit not in the best way but hey baby steps I guess.  If people woulda just listened to Ron Paul 8 years ago.  Woulda shoulda coulda.  I'm all for a shake up at this point.  And Lyin Hillary is a very apt term.  You guys see this it's Hilarious cuz Bill Clinton is a rapist and a total Misogynist and will be Hillarys downfall.  If the internet existed in its current form in the 90's Bill would have been skewered.   

• Like 1

even liberal news won't defend lying hillary.  MSNBC called her out yesterday and called her a liar  DNC convention should be Hilarious when the let dumb ass Joe Biden and Dumber Elizabeth ride in and take the nomination.  OMG what a offed up system we have.

Trump will be president thanks to Lyin Hillary.  Gotta say it's great theater.

Sooooooooo Baaaad

On 27/05/2016 at 11:02 AM, Reggie said:

Will....Donald trump be the next president of the  United States.

Fuck!!

Trump and Boris Johnson in the White House discussing who to "nuke"

With that Punch & Judy show - I'm off Russia

Regards

Bacman

• Like 1

why do you care Bacman you don't live here.  we need something to change our system.  Sorry you still have a royal family,  that's gotta suck.  No vote and have to bow to the current her progeny and the next born.  I'll take trump any day over that archaic bullshit.....

18 minutes ago, time2quit said:

why do you care Bacman you don't live here.  we need something to change our system.  Sorry you still have a royal family,  that's gotta suck.  No vote and have to bow to the current her progeny and the next born.  I'll take trump any day over that archaic bullshit.....

Not living in the US is not relevant

Unfortunately the leader of the most powerful country in the world has a lot of say over us smaller nations

Indeed your current leader has expressed concern over our current referendum issues with Europe only a day or so ago and is being hailed as a great source of wisdom by the "remain" brigade - There is a lobby in place to have Trump banned from the UK

We all need to change our systems, I just do not think Trump or Bumbling Boris are either the right way forward

Regards

Bacman

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baclofenman said:

There is a lobby in place to have Trump banned from the UK

good luck with that when he's President Your stupid politicians will do the same as are do and follow suit. Again how's that queen treating you.  You know how much money is spent up keeping the royal family, what a joke.  I am sorry your once great country ia a shell of itself and now depends on us.  I'd be bitter too.

1 minute ago, Baclofenman said:

First off Nothing personal bacman.  Didn't mean for it to become acrimonious.  second off the rest of the world can off off AFIK.  trump will be no different than Billary and it all doesn't matter.  I'm just watching for the theater at this point.  thirdly once you brits kick these a holes out of the palace then start talking to me about how we're so bad.

Hugs and kisses all around

I try not to post about politics... people's brains seem frozen around ideology as much as they are around addiction. But...

Trump and Hilary are not the same thing. At all. I worked with Hilary 20+ years ago on Health Care reform. She is incredibly intelligent, competent, and thoughtful. She is also very private, which hasn't served her well in terms of being a public person. She appears dishonest, but after being investigated for a million things over the last 30 plus years has never been proven to be guilty of a single thing except being a smart, ambitious woman.

So I won't even go into what I think of Trump. But the two are not the same, and the world and its future look very different depending on who gets in the White House. So let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like 3

There seems to be a misunderstanding that the UK is governed by the royal family. This hasn't been the case for about 400 years. Otherwise we would be well and truly f&cked.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving totally away from politics here...

On 5/27/2016 at 10:09 AM, Ne1 said:

I find it incredibly ironic when people who are truly enlightened offer that enlightenment to others at exorbitantly expensive prices. The person who comes to mind for me is...Damn. I can't remember her name. Bruce something or other. Katie Bruce? Bruce Katie?

Byron Katie is her name. She was on Oprah, way back in the day. But even before that she was a bigwig in the new age movement to heal thyself. And not without foundation! I think her work, called "The Work" is brilliant. 

But she (meaning the corporation that has been using her name/fame/fortune) offers rehab...Hmmm. Actually I just checked her website and the info has changed dramatically since I last looked. It doesn't look like they're treating people with addictions anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's still $20k for a 28-day residential program. But it looks like it's only for people who are depressed/suicidal/want to change their lives. 

Man, the things I could buy for $28k, that I got online for free (in terms of support) and online (in terms of medications that actually work) kind of astounds me. 

While I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, I have to wonder what the hell $28,000 buys. How much of that money goes into the pockets of investors, how much into the pocket of Byron Katie, how much into the (IMHO overpaid) psychiatrists who visit only for short times, and how much goes to the people who are actually treating the patients? And those most likely treating the patients are only required to have a certificate of approval, not even a license to practice, that takes between 6-9 months to get. 

Yikes! I didn't know I belonged on the Agony Aunt thread until I read it and got it. Thanks, Reg. 

I mean, for $1,000/day, you could have someone come to your house daily to prepare your meals and then create recipes with shopping lists so you wouldn't need an on-site chef anymore. An athletic trainer to help you set up a routine and follow up with it after the 28 days was over...A guru to help you meditate...A company to come in and organize your house for you...The list goes on, and still falls short of $1000/day. Even the most expensive shrink doesn't cost more than $400/hour out of pocket. (I think. The last time I looked, anyway.) 

And you would suddenly be transformed in your own space! Seriously, wouldn't that be a better expenditure of resources? Sheesh. It takes a nurse, though, to see the big picture. Just sayin'. 

Okay. Way past my bedtime and I'm just postponing the fact that I'm going to stay with my parents, and outside of my comfort zone, tomorrow. 

• Like 1