The End of my Addiction
Baclofenman

Who is more stupid - Man or Dog

Molly78

Hmm. Looks alot like what happens at my place. Definately my dog has the upper hand.

Took dog to the kennels on Friday for the week while i am away. Younger grandchildren in the car with me. I had told them that"Charlie is going to stay in the dogs´hotel for the week." They were not impressed by the wire cages & frantic barking. Harry (4) said as we drove off "If that´s a dogs´hotel. grandma, where was the  swimming pool?" They expect the dog to have the same standard of life as we do. If not better.

• Like 1

Ne1
On 5/29/2016 at 1:19 PM, Molly78 said:

...Harry (4) said as we drove off "If that´s a dogs´hotel. grandma, where was the  swimming pool?" They expect the dog to have the same standard of life as we do. If not better.

When I was doing my clinical rotations, which were 12+ hours, if Ed couldn't get home at a reasonable time, Pete went to "doggy daycare". One of the places that Pete used to go had group rooms, for sociable dogs, and private rooms, for antisocial ones. Also, kiddie pools in summer, and frozen dog treats shaped like popsicles...And videos in each room so you can watch your dogs via live webcam throughout the day. 

It's insane. And I know it's insane. Yet, we did it...:$

Molly78

Oh wow!  Now Harry would have been quite satisfied with that sort of establishment, but never come across one in the UK. And I don't think I would have been able to afford it for a week.

The advantage of the basic set up is that Charlie was ecstatic to see me when I picked her up. She now really appreciates home!

• Like 1

Ne1

I'm not actually sure how these places make money. And they seem to go out of business rather quickly...There are ones outside of the city (where the rents are high and the space is limited) that it makes sense. But in a metro area? I dunno. I suppose if you can pack enough pooches into one play area, though, it shakes out in the end.

The place where Pete normally went was more typical, with crates and "break times" when the dogs went outside to do their business. But it was only a couple of dollars cheaper than the other place. For us, it was all nerve-wracking, until we got a grip and remembered that she is a dog and happily sleeps most of the day away, without needing the excuse of depression to do it! ha!