The End of my Addiction

Fantastic new site on Baclofen treament - from Australia

terryk

Had a look at the first few modules. Wow! That is really, really good. And from Australia! We're not exactly up there with France re Bac.

This si brilliant - especially the comments on why baclofen treatment has so many sceptics in the medical profession, linking it to the H. Pylori discovery. I  love it!!

And the news that papers are to be presented at  conference in September which should bring it into the main stream. Fingers crossed!

Hi Forum Members, I'm Dr Amanda Stafford, who built the baclofentreatment.com website. Thanks for the kind words above about my site. It's there as an information resource for anyone interested in baclofen treatment for alcoholism. I am now working to get GPs involved in this work as this will bring treatment to the most people possible.

Please give me feedback - good, bad and ugly. It will help me get the most useful information possible on there. 

Warm regards to all

Amanda 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Amanda Stafford said:

Hi Forum Members, I'm Dr Amanda Stafford, who built the baclofentreatment.com website. Thanks for the kind words above about my site. It's there as an information resource for anyone interested in baclofen treatment for alcoholism. I am now working to get GPs involved in this work as this will bring treatment to the most people possible.

Please give me feedback - good, bad and ugly. It will help me get the most useful information possible on there. 

Warm regards to all

Amanda 

Hi, Dr. Stafford. Thank you so much for the informative information you've provided on your website. I'll take a much closer look at it, and let you know if I have any feedback. 

The main purpose of this forum is to provide support and information for the people who are taking medications to treat their alcoholism. But the secondary purpose, and main goal, is to get the information about these meds, particularly baclofen, in the hands of treatment providers. A daunting task! 

Do you have a place on your website to direct people to more information and support? If so, then I would appreciate it if you would link our site. There is also a German forum that is very active, and of course, the French forum was the forerunner and is the best, with the most participation. I'm fairly certain that the German forum already has your info and link, but I will double check that and also send you the links to the other forums. 

Thank you again! Looking forward to reading the rest of your website and sharing it with my own psychiatrist, and hopefully with other doctors, too. 

Welcome, Amanda - I'm sure others will be along to say the same.

I got almost breathless when I first looked at your website, because I didn't immediately realise you were Australian - I read Perth as in Scotland & thought enlightenment had arrived in the UK. Ha! Some hopes!

But patience! It will come!

• Like 1

@Amanda Stafford, thank you so much for stopping by and posting here! I am looking over your website and it is so impressive. Thank you so much for linking to our forum on there. I will be sure to give more feedback once I've had a chance to review it more thoroughly, but everything I've seen so far deserves the highest praise.

Edited by Felina

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for setting up the site, Amanda.  It's very well done and will be of great benefit. 

I sent you a PM.

I have to add that I was thinking about the new site and I was overcome with emotion.  It has been such a long and hard struggle for years and years now, to get doctors to take this seriously, and, finally, someone has.

• Like 2