The End of my Addiction

Admin2

Linda Burlison is giving away her Ebook, A Prescription for Alcoholics for free for the next four days! She emailed me and asked me to post about it here.

It is, by far, the best book I've ever read about alcoholism and treatment. It is very, very thorough about medications for the treatment of alcoholism. If you read it, please review it on Amazon:

Linda wrote, "This giveaway is being done in memory of my loved one Randy, on the one-year anniversary of his death from alcoholism. I know that he was happiest when he could bring a smile to someone else's face and would love it if his struggle could hold greater meaning for others." 

The full copy of each is available to you for free. Download all five if you’d like. (Note: The kindle app is free and can be installed on any computer or smart phone). 

You will have to put the titles in your browser until I have a chance to fix the links. 

Here are the book links: 

A Prescription for Alcoholics - Medications for Alcoholism
Free July 16-20
A Prescription for Alcoholics - Medications for Alcoholism - Kindle edition by Linda Burlison. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Rethinking Drinking Series:

The AA Effect & Why You've Never Heard of the FDA-Approved Drugs that Treat Alcoholism (Book 1)
Free July 15-19
The AA Effect & Why You've Never Heard of the FDA-Approved Drugs that Treat Alcoholism (Rethinking Drinking Book 1) - Kindle edition by Linda Burlison. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Understanding Alcoholism as a Brain Disease (Book 2)
Free July 15-19
Understanding Alcoholism as a Brain Disease (Rethinking Drinking Book 2) - Kindle edition by Linda Burlison. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Reduce or Stop Drinking with Medication: The How-To Guide (Book 3)
Free July 16-20
Reduce or Stop Drinking with Medication: The How-To Guide (Rethinking Drinking Book 3) - Kindle edition by Linda Burlison. Professional & Technical Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Medications to Reduce or Quit Drinking: The Drug Compendium (Book 4)
Free July 15-19
Medications to Reduce or Quit Drinking: The Drug Compendium (Rethinking Drinking Book 4) - Kindle edition by Linda Burlison. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

All honest Amazon reviews are welcome and appreciated. 
Take care and please hug your loved ones, friends and fur babies today while you can. 
Thank-you and Namaste, 
Linda

• Like 2

Brilliant - I have downloaded it for my Kindle.

Trouble is, I would prefer to have the book for reference, it's really difficult to use a Kindle that way, & the book is about £22.

(How's that for rank ingratitude, apols to Linda :$)

• Like 1

I agree about the book being easier to read, since there are so many references that you want to look up and it's difficult in the kindle. I had to get both. 

I've heard that there are sites that will convert kindle to PDF (maybe even standalone converters too?), so that might help with the research aspect. 

Take care and check out the site/app first though...

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I got the first version that came out, curious that it's been split into volumes. Great book and well worth your time!!

She split it up into different sections of the book because she knew that people might only be interested in the medications parts of the book, not the anecdotal stuff or the info about treatments and stuff. It IS a great book, and she put a huge amount of effort and research in it. I heart her, even though she hasn't signed up here, and I really want her to.) 

• Like 1