The End of my Addiction

Neos first post

neophyte

Firstly congratulations Ne on setting up the forum, it seems like youre getting some decent traffic. Sorry about not posting earlier here but ive been busy.

I'll post my story soon and continue to post more.

I recently have come off my baclofen for my trip to thailand and went on a bender there, 1 liter of spirits daily, not proud of it, but it had been 4 years since i been there and i wanted to drink....  

Im now going back up on baclofen, up to 75mg and already, maybe ill post a progress post on my progress. side effects are light, only thing i notice is im tired all the time, sleeping min 8-10 hours a day and often much longer on the weekend when i have time. lucky no insomnia.

one critque of the forum though, id prefer it if the med sections  didnt have so many sub forums, i think one single forum for baclofen and another for all other meds would be sufficient. 

Edited by neophyte
i
  • Like 4

Welcome neophyte,good to have you onboard.

I am 32 days indifferent now on 160mg.

I reached indifference last year but lost it by going down to far and went right up to 280mg and couldn't get it back so gave up but recently tried again with success.

Were you not afraid that by stopping Baclofen you might not be able to get it back so easily.Thats my fear and I'm afraid to even try to find my maintenance dose in a few months 

• Like 2

Hi Neo! Great to see you here. 

I hope you will post a progress thread! As you know, it makes a big difference for people who come along after the fact. 

Thanks for the feedback. I assume you're talking about the meds sections with the research and other subcategories? I'll take a look at it. 

I've gotta run, but I've got more to say and some questions to ask about Reddit. 

Later! 

Molly78
On 7/29/2016 at 3:57 AM, neophyte said:

one critque of the forum though, id prefer it if the med sections  didnt have so many sub forums, i think one single forum for baclofen and another for all other meds would be sufficient. 

Welcome, Neo. Looking forward to your progress thread!

TEOMA is supposed to be fairly even handed, as I understand it, catering for anyone using any meds or even none, despite its name (based on Ameisen's book title) lots of people are posting with questions about TSM in particular. If it seems to be mainly a baclofen forum, maybe it would become just that? I don't know what the reasoning behind the set up was, but I think it works quite well.

• Like 2