The End of my Addiction

Checking In--September

Ne1

Ah, the first day of my birthday month! Yippeee! And the advent of much more reasonable temperatures in my little part of the world. The husky and I are both relieved. 

I have not yet taken a look over on the August thread to see whom and what I've missed, and will do that next. 

I've been losing it a bit, but am now putting it back together. More on that later when I have a better perspective, I suppose. 

I thought about you guys, because when I was walking Pete the Pup, I saw a neighbor trimming his lawn with scissors. I kid you not. The next day, I saw him digging out the weeds in the cracks in the side walks. By hand. 

Here we are communicating from all over the globe and the guy has gone full Karate Kid wax-on, wax-off. I can't think of anything more horrible, or zen-inducing, then pruning little stuff with scissors, and weeding with a hand trowel and a pick. I bet if I offered him our earth-killing, weedicide, or to trim his edges with our gas-powered weedeater, and blow the debris away with our gas-powered blower thingy, he would decline and go about using his scissors. 

Then I thought of Stuck, and wondered if I ever posted the fact that you, Stuck, and other environmentalists, should never own a lawn. The biggest waste of space, and don't let anyone fool you into believing you can have a nice organic lawn without boatloads of chemicals. It's a big fat lie. 

One that cheery note, I'm off to check out the end of the August thread! :hug: 

• Like 1

Responses to posts on the August thread:

Stuck, Nicnak, and Jetsman, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AF TIME! WOOT!!!

Nicnak, I don't know of any medication that can make your incredibly stressful life less stressful right now. Given that stress, it's no wonder you feel out of sorts and depressed! You could probably get medicated, and a therapist might really be helpful, but if you are still getting out of bed, doing what needs to be done, and finding at least some joy in your life somewhere, then moving through this to get to the other side might be the most useful suggestion. Although having an impartial sounding board in a therapist can be a huge help, even if it's a lousy therapist. Sharing the burden, eases the burden. And frankly, though my therapist and I don't spend much time talking about it, understanding my relationship with (and my feelings about) my parents has helped heal some of that, too.

What is truly, absolutely flabbergasting, is that you haven't picked up a drink because of all of this. Even though, for most of us, baclofen does the heavy lifting of squashing cravings and giving us a choice in the matter, it is always a choice. I hope you feel really good, and proud of yourself, for it. Just finding out about baclofen, and sticking with it, is a huge accomplishment. I know you know that.   :hug: to you. 

On 8/30/2016 at 3:05 AM, bleep said:

Stuck, I hear you on the drop off once the first good habit slides. I'm in the same boat - I pulled a muscle, so stopped running, so picked up smokes, and am feeling lazier by the day. Heroin habit by tomorrow lunch time at this rate.

HA! I didn't walk for 3 days in a row. On the fourth day, I made myself. Plus the dog was really acting out. That walk was excruciating. I kept checking the timer, because I walk for an hour and it felt like 3 hours. Plus I hurt. A break for a measly 3 days! Are you kidding? 

I love the fact that you get your books from the library, Jets. Unfortunately my library doesn't have a lot of digital titles. I'm actually rereading old novels, trying to save money on my astronomical Amazon (sorry, Stuck) book bill. (Stuck hates Amazon. For good reason.) I don't remember the plots of them, anyway. And if I do, I just pick a different one.

I can definitely watch too much TV. TV watching makes my brain hurt. However, Stuck, (or someone) turned me on to Stranger Things on Netflix and believe it or not, we're enthralled, even though neither of us likes horror or suspense. And it's scary AND suspenseful. Yikes. We just learned about the "Upside Down" on last night's episode, and I was basically sitting on Ed's lap, chewing on my fingers when the girl did that thing. (No spoilers here.) I hate that there's only one season. It's like reading a series of novels in which the last book hasn't been written. Hopefully it won't be like that. If it is, someone tell me, please, because I don't want to watch it and then wait for the reveal in 2017!

Later gators!

• Like 1

There's another season coming up, Ne, I read it in the UK press today!  I haven't started watching it yet, but it's definitely on my to do list, so many people have said how good it is.

I am also an enthusiastic user of weedkiller (never heard it called weedicide before - I like it!). Maybe a  bit overenthusiastic. I spray like crazy & go out the next day to check expecting that the weeds will have died yesterday right after I sprayed them. If they haven't, I give them another blast. Well  I used to. Experience then revealed to me that if you do that, you discover 3 weeks later that you have an empty brown area.........Actually I have so much land that I can ignore the brown areas & before long, guess what?  They're covered in weeds again! My gardening is a bit hit & miss. I learn by experience. Sometimes.

• Like 1

It's my 25th wedding anniversary today and we decided to go out weds to celebrate?.... Can't do it today as hubbys been working all night.I thought if any things worth a glass of wine then this is.Well I had one and enjoyed it as much as I would enjoy a Coke Zero (my new best friend) didn't want another one and it didn't start me on a slippery slope and havnt wanted one since so that's my experiment well and truly tried!

Court date is Monday and they sent him for an ATR assessment,which from what I've read and what the bloke said doing it he's unlikely to go to prison.He would have to attend a centre once a week for at least 6 months.But I'm doubtful that he will get this as even the bloke said he'd not alcohol dependant IE not at risk of withdrawals and the judge will know this so we will just have to wait till Monday.

weeding Urggg! we have so many weeds in our garden.Stinging nettles,brambles and this fast growing creeper thing all over our back fence that has to be cut back every year.

TV,hmm.

im afraid I like easy to watch dip in dip out stuff.Im a big fan (sorry) of big brother since it started about 16 years ago although it's gone way downhill since then.

I love thriller films with a twist.One of my all time favs is 6th sense.Had to watch it again knowing what I knew.And a film called masquerade with brad pit I think it was,a major twist in that one.Oh and while I'm at it,shattered,about a bloke who had his face reconstructed while he was in a coma and had memory loss

• Like 4

Hi Nicnak- the fact that you had one glass of wine and felt no need to drink anymore is a huge motivator for me! Do you mind If I ask what your switch dose is? I'm at 295 and will go to 300 in 5 days. I'm hoping that will be it and I'll just stay there for 30 days. I'm 18 days AF today but nervous about this weekend. I was given two VIP Box Seats to the local NASCAR Race in Darlington, SC. Air conditioned box, free catered food and 30 craft beers- all free. I might have a rough go so not having at least 1 or 2 drinks on Sunday to say the least.

When you say Big Brother do you mean the UK version or US? I have to tell you I was a die hard Big Brother (US) fan for the first 14 seasons- we never missed an episode as a family. However, last year I stopped watching mid-season and this year I never even started watching. My wife and kids still watch it but my wife doesn't even like it anymore. The reason I stopped watching is because they totally did away with the diversity of the cast. They used to have young/old/ugly/hot- just all types of people. It truly made the dynamic more interesting and easier for a normal guy like me to relate to. It seems like to me at least that the last 3 seasons have been "MTV's" up. Everyone is young and super attractive and devoid of any real life experiences. They just want to party!  I just can't relate anymore. Also- what's with this stupid new twist thing every year? i liked it when you just put 16 random people in the house and let the drama play out. That's just my 2 cents anyway.

For movies with a twist that will blow your mind you can never go wrong with Christopher Nolan films. Have you seen the Prestige or Interstellar? Both are fantastic thriller films with mind-boggling twists that are mind blowing. If you haven't seen them you need to check them out ASAP!

• Like 4

Hi jetsman

my switch was 160mg which was nearly 10 weeks ago and the wine was the first drink I've had in that time and I don't have any cravings at all for any more and I was a daily drinker.My switch was literally overnight.

I watch the UK version and the celebrity one has just finneshed.The bloke who won is from ex on the beach,a reality tv programme.

I watched the very first big brother and it was great because no one really knew if anyone was even watching and they certainly didn't know they could get rich or famous off the back of it.It really has gone down hill but I'm a die hard fan.But yes,it was better when it was just normal people with a different set of ages.

Ive noted down those films and will trawl Netflix for them 

• Like 2

Big Brother? I don't even know what that is, but googled. Oh hell no. I cannot do reality television of any kind. 

Molly, I practice benign neglect when it comes to gardening. I plant it. I may baby it for a while, but not long. If it lives, it can stay. If it dies, oh well. I'm also a huge fan of things that spread like weeds. I'm covering the back fence with jasmine, which spreads so much and so quickly, I'm surprised it's not labeled invasive. I find it very irritating that it's hard to buy invasive plants...Like honeysuckle. Why does anyone care what I let overgrow in my backyard? *sigh* I used to be much more evangelical about tending the earth before we bought a suburban lawn. I'd pave the whole damn thing if I could. I will say that I don't use pesticides, at all, ever. But weedicides? I'm with you! 

Jets, why only 30 days at 300mg? Good luck at the Nascar thing-y. I would imagine it would be really tough to hold back. If you are determined not to drink, there are lots of strategies to avoid it. I like to order virgin marys. It isn't uninteresting. It looks like it's got booze. It sort of feels like it's got booze. Anyway. Let us know if that's the goal and we'll help you strategize. EDIT to say that I've never been and never even watched a race, but I've heard that it's really fun and it's on my bucket list of things to do. Are you a big fan?

Nic, happy anniversary! Glad you guys took the opportunity to go out and celebrate even though things are so difficult. 25 years. Holy wow, man. That's pretty amazing. I am SO relieved to hear that it looks like he won't be getting any prison time. That must be a huge relief for both of you. I can't even imagine what the stress has been like. Glad you're hanging in there and still not drinking. I aspire to that. Desperately!

Got a late start today, which is frustrating, but did 4 miles with Pete the pup, and on my way now to the gym to lift heavy things. Pete was worn out, and kept trying to turn around after our normal turning spot. What kind of Husky gets worn out from 4 miles, for goodness sakes? She better get used to it, because we're just going to up our game! Rawr!

Stuck? Lis? Dun? What's up peeps? 

Peace out. Bacinabit.

• Like 2

I have 2 dogs.Well one is a 6 month old puppy that belongs to my son and his girlfriend although the girlfriend doesn't live here but might as well do haha.Hes a furball Shitzsu/Bichon cross and my dog is an 8 year old parsons jack Russell.

I walk an hour a day to help my weight loss but the puppy can't take the pace so I walk them separately 

• Like 3

@Nicnak  Great news all around :)  Glad your indifference is sticking so well, and also glad that the dh's situation is hopeful!  Looking forward to hearing what happens on Monday

@Jetsman32  The recommendation is that you stay at your switch level for 3 months before titrating down.  It's been at least that long for me, but I'm staying here for awhile longer.  Probably another 3 months at least.  I was indifferent before for many months and had a relapse due to some stressful things in my life.  

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here.  Last weekend for the pool which is my happy place.  September and October use to be my favorite time of year to go camping.  We have a gigantic high side pop-up with three king sized beds.  Now that my kids are older and no longer interested or available because of sports, there won't be a chance to do that this year.   :(   

• Like 2

Hi!  Is anybody else taking Naltrexone with their Bac?  That's the combination I'm currently on, but I haven't seen anything about others on that menu plan.  I'd be interested in talking with others who are. 

• Like 1

@Nicnak, Jack Russell Terriers scare me. I worked in dog rescue, and for the SPCA, for a looooong time. The only dog that ever really tried to take my face off was a Jack Russell. Obviously, it was mistreated, but I still have residual paranoia! I also fostered one for a little while until I realized that it needed WAY more activity and interesting things to do so it didn't destroy my house. I pawned her off on someone with other Jack Russells who could handle the energy level! Funny about the pup...Sweet that you're taking care of it, too. 

Sounds lovely, Mom2. Ed and I used to camp, but without the huge tent with the cushy beds! Ha! I keep trying to figure out when we can go again, but the first part is finding the tent in the attic and setting it up to see if it's still insect-proof. 

We had a storm move in last night. I think it was downgraded to a tropical storm before it hit land, but it's still dumping rain on us and high winds to boot. I didn't even know about it, but went to the grocery store and pharmacy yesterday and couldn't believe the lines. Figured out why after I got home. I agree with you, about staying at the switch dose for as long as possible. If/when it happens for me again, I'm not going to take it for granted.

@idefineme, I know of other people who have tried the combination, some with success, some sticking to one or the other. I tried adding Nal in with baclofen a couple of months ago, but didn't stick with it because it made me so nauseous. I'm changing my meds around right now, and trying to stop taking Wellbutrin, so I don't want to add yet another one. Great thing about nal is that you don't have to take it daily, though you can and that's how it's normally prescribed. And unlike baclofen, or some of the other meds, you can stop taking it without repercussions. (I think. I'll have to double check that and make sure I'm not misleading you!) 

Will you keep track of how it goes with a progress thread? In addition to helping me, I know of another person who is thinking about adding nal in with bac.

That's all from me this morning (actually still night here) and I'm back to bed! 

• Like 2

Woke up (the second time)!to find the power out. Aargh! I know it's a first world problem but the biggest issue is that I couldn't make coffee. Fortunately, here, like everywhere else in the States, there's a Starbucks down the street. 

Then came home to catch up on EOMA and realized no internet. Will the crises never cease?? 

• Like 1

How difficult can it be to buy the kids new school shoes? - Not in my house

Spent 20 minutes queueing to get kids feet measured, then 15 minutes waiting for my 6 year old to decide which pair, out of a massive selection of 2 pairs.....

Said to the Pianna, FFS just pick a pair and lets get the F out of here - Oh no, she has other ideas, "let him choose" she says - He is 6 years old, will wear the shoes for 3 months max before they are either too small or ruined - I do not understand, maybe I am too old and farty - I do not know!!

Then she insists we go to the village fete - In support of the local village children's playground charity - A "charity" that has had at least 3 raising days but we have never seen anything done, effected or anything? - Worst of all it was raining, neigh, it was fucking pissing down, so what does she do? - Offers to run a stall, not just any stall - A stall with no cover - Champion!! - Spent two hours between the stall and the Prosecco stand doing her drinks run!!

Hope my evening improves!! 

• Like 4

That made me laugh Bacman! The choosing business is a bone of contention between me & DIL. I look after their 2 children one day a week & go to collect them in the morning. DIL, who is trying to leave for work, ALWAYS used to offer her daughter a choice of cereals & never got an answer. Once I got her to leave & gave the little toe rag the healthy choice I thought she should have rather than the Coco-pops her mum allows, she suddenly woke up to the fact that she needed to give mum an answer fast.

I'm a cruel grandma. But she behaves beautifully for me and is a nightmare for mum. Mum knows this. But can't seem to change her approach.

OK, I know it's easier when you only look after them one day a week. And maybe, Bacman, you're not the one who has to persuade the 6 year old to put on his school shoes each morning??

• Like 2

You're both funny. And yes, bacman, you're being a Grumpy Gus! At least about the shoes. The charity thing? Nope. Not gonna lie, I stopped volunteering for that kind of stuff somewhere around 40. Even when I was fostering dogs, I only signed on when they agreed that someone else would take the dog to the adoption event. I've organized my fair share, too. The more posh the events are, the more I hate 'em. Sorry or ya'! 

Molly, I try SO HARD not to pass judgment about the way people raise their kids. But I have some family members that I won't mention just in case this ever gets noticed by anyone, they have terrible, I mean atrocious, table manners. It's painful. I know my parents were particularly snooty about our table manners, but man. It's over the top with these family members and I have to bite my tongue to keep from disciplining them. And now that the older one has a gadget to play with? Spent the entire meal staring at it. Aaargh. But whatever. 

I logged on because we just watched episode 7, out of 8, of Stranger Things. I'm gonna be livid if it isn't all wrapped up in a nice pretty bow tomorrow night. I realized the reason I love it is because it's PG-scary. Not Rated-R-Scary, for adults who (in my opinion) are fearless and clearly ignorant of the things that go boo in the night. 

See you guys on the flip side! 

• Like 1

Hey everyone -

Still alive here, and glad to see we're all hanging on. So yeah, my AF period lasted 6 days in late August. All hell broke loose in Grand Jury. Jurors were fighting, some (including me) were abstaining from voting because we were disgusted by the inherent corruption of the system, it was awful. In case you're interested, this and this are great articles. On my 6th AF day, I chose not to drink specifically because I was upset and I knew that alcohol would make it worse. So on what was going to be day 7, I made the stupid decision to drink, even though I was still upset, on the grounds that a new bar opened in my neighborhood and why not check it out. STUPID. Alcohol exacerbates whatever feeling I already have, so despite my attempts to "think happy thoughts" it just made it worse and down the hole I went.

Grand Jury wasn't the only thing weighing on me. I was in a Facebook fight (oh, the times we live in...) over an injured bear in northern New Jersey who walks upright - his name is Pedals and he has a Facebook page - and some food truck owner who was using his story for publicity. Also in my DXM group it became apparent that some of my "friends" who I thought were responsible users were more like straight-up junkies and I had the invidious task of detaching from them and suggesting they get help, which made me feel bad, it felt like I was betraying them. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I'm now back on the wagon, drinking not at all or in moderation since Friday. I took a DXM trip yesterday and made a major breakthrough - ever since my adolescence I've had these self-sabotaging tendencies and have wondered why. I was born a happy kid. I had no doubts about myself. But somewhere along the way I decided I wasn't worth it. I started engaging in all these self-defeating thoughts and behaviors. And yesterday at the tail end of the trip, I finally figured out why. Something to do with my mother and this awful shrink my parents made me see when I was a kid - very Freudian. It doesn't mean I'm out of the woods yet. Just because I understand why doesn't mean its over, I still have to fight it and get myself on "the right side of the argument" - I AM worth it and I DO NOT deserve abandonment and failure. Oh well, it's a starting point, more like a major acceleration point, and it feels good.

I'm so glad it's september. Sometimes september is just like august, but this time there's something distinctly autumnal in the air. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall"  - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Best wishes to you all, Chuck

• Like 2

On 9/2/2016 at 10:30 PM, idefineme said:

Hi!  Is anybody else taking Naltrexone with their Bac?  That's the combination I'm currently on, but I haven't seen anything about others on that menu plan.  I'd be interested in talking with others who are. 

Hi Idef, I haven't been but I will be soon. I am interested in titrating down on my baclofen use, so I have 200 Naltrexone tabs scheduled to be delivered this week. So obviously no news to report yet, but I will have some soon. :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chuck said:

Just because I understand why doesn't mean its over, I still have to fight it and get myself on "the right side of the argument" - I AM worth it and I DO NOT deserve abandonment and failure. Oh well, it's a starting point, more like a major acceleration point, and it feels good.

AMEN to those three statements, Chuck. Just because I know why, doesn't mean I can change the outcome, especially in the moment. I'm having epiphany after epiphany about life, love and the pursuit of contented sobriety, but the actual day-to-day changes feel like they're moving at a sloth's pace. One languid claw-toe at a time. Still, better than drowning out those feelings only to (as you put it) have them become exacerbated and even exaggerated by booze. 

Sorry to hear about your friends, and can't wait to read the info about the Grand Jury case! I can't say I feel the same about your Facebook argument, however. Those are just...ridiculous. Someone famous, or maybe just me, said, "Facebook never changed anyone's mind." I'm avoiding the whole drama until after the election. The people who are my friends are preaching to the choir, and the people who are my "Facebook Friends" annoy me with almost the exact same rhetoric as the ones who are opposed to them. My favorite one, from months ago before I stopped reading any of that stuff, was an article that were the top ten reasons "they" were stupid for being duped by the other party. "No historical perspective. No understanding of practical economics. No personal insight. A warped moral compass." 

That is EXACTLY what "my" people say about their people, so it was really profound to read the article and find out that "they" say the exact same things about my people. That's about when I realized that none of us really know what the hell we're talking about, unless we have oodles and oodles of money. Like more money than God. Then we would be "the deciders" and the rest of the entire population would be just as ill informed and unheard. Cynical, much, Ne? Oh, yes. I can't even get involved with my Civic League without having my husband there to squeeze my hand painfully hard so I don't keep rolling my eyes, and heading for the door. All the things that plague our neighborhood (the school system, for instance) and they're worried about flipping speed bumps because people aren't driving 25mph. Are you kidding me? We did have a speaker from the Rotary Club once. My impression is that that group does good, charitable works, like installing speed bumps so people don't drive too fast. 

Wait. What? 

Back to the enlightenment being only part of the solution...What's the AA saying? Something about knowing you have a problem is the first sign of fixing the problem. My dad has always said that you can't make a decision until you have a solution to the questions. It amounts to about the same thing, but the emphasis is on asking the right questions, not admitting a defect. Still takes a lot of insight, though.

I am insightful enough about my personality to know that as much as I believe in local government and power to the people, I will neva eva be the one who participates in the meetings or I will lose all faith in humanity, move to Montana and live in the woods. Well, not Montana, because it's too ridiculously cold there. But wherever warm-blooded misanthropes go to live alone. (And now I'm talking like I'm @StuckinLA:20_EmoticonsHDcom:)

All well here. Skipped the morning walk because I was on a chat here on EOMA with a newbie looking for MWO. Our chat feature is pretty amazing, for the record. Much cleaner, crisper, friendlier, than the one on the other forum. Hmmm. I could just be a little biased. 

• Like 1

Court day today,been adjourned again for 5 weeks while an alcohol dissipation report is done about what he says he drank!

Im loosing the will to live now,I just want it done with

Barrister says it probably prison time now,12 months and he'll serve 9.The prosecution really want jail time and I think the girls parents are putting a lot of pressure on

• Like 1

Thanks, Mom2! Hope you enjoyed a nice long weekend. 

Today is a return to plan #7862 for getting fit and contentedly continuously abstinent. I started last week and then took a couple of days off related to weather and then just...stuff. Annoying how easy it is to break a habit when it's so difficult to start one. 

So off to the park we go! Then gym. Then studying. Keep your fingers crossed for me about the studying. It's been the one big task I haven't been willing to consistently do. I really want to take and pass the exam before my birthday at the end of the month. I think I will feel really badly about myself if that milestone passes without successfully completing the last several years worth of work.

It's stunningly beautiful here. Storm Hermine brought cool temps for a couple of days and everything is vibrantly green. Hope you Southerners made it through the storm safely and without damage!

• Like 2

Nicknak - (I don’t know to tag people in yellow like everyone else does) - I’m so, so sorry to hear about your husband’s likely sentence. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next five weeks and sending positive wishes your way - both for a happy outcome and that you can have some moments of peace.

On another note, congrats to everyone who’s racking up the AF time! Jetsman, Nicnak, Chuck - that’s great that you got right back “on the wagon” after a one night stress-induced fall. That’s what it’s all about.

As for me, I’m sorry I’ve been away for an eon. I lost my job a few weeks earlier than intended when, after making a couple more mistakes, my boss decided I was too “distracted” to finish out my last four weeks and sent me home. I fell into a deep depression and rarely left the couch. I couldn’t be arsed to do much of anything. I had a turnaround this last week, though. My husband and I still took our scheduled trip to the Adirondacks that I planned out a few months ago. He was really excited about it and I had already paid in advance for over half the trip for which we were not entitled to a refund at that point. Anyway, being lost in the mountains and sleeping in nature (we were camping) helped put things in perspective and helped breathe some life back into me. I came back with some motivation to start getting my life back in order and start actually doing things (including starting to post here again! So, so sorry for my extended absence!). Anyway, it’s awesome to still see some great people here - Ne, Stuck, Bacman, Mom2, Felina, and the others I already mentioned (my apologies if I missed anyone, I haven’t read that far back at all and my brain is still a little mushy!). I’ll try to come back later today and catch up on other threads, but right now, I have to clean myself up and head over to the local Career Center to talk to a job search counselor. I hope everyone’s having a good one out there! And good luck with studying, Ne! You can do it, one step at a time, one page at a time.

Edited by Lostinspace
  • Like 5

Lis, great to see you, sister. I'm sorry life's been so lousy, and glad you took some time to heal and the vacation. Trees help. I'm a firm believer! Hope it goes well at the counseling center today, but proud of you and happy for you that you got the ball rolling. The first step is often the hardest. And for that reason, I'm going to reallocate my gym time to this afternoon and start studying this morning. 

I love the Adirondacks, too, but Appalachia has my heart. Gotta admit, though, that some of those mountains up there make ours look like hills...

Went hiking on the Appalachian Trail for my 40th birthday. After a series of ridiculous decisions (including bringing a down blanket with us, because the temps fell and our sleeping bags weren't rated for it) we gave up after one night on the trail. Hitchhiked back to our truck and went home. Some day, though...

• Like 2

@Nicnak really sorry to hear about your situation. My thoughts are with you. Hopefully his counseling/abstaining will help the court to make a small more management ruling.

@Ne1 Sounds like you are getting back on track with your health goals. I am totally with you on that. I fell off my IF hard the last 2 weeks. Was eating non-stop and tons and tons of chocolate- I seriously could not get enough. Think I went through like 10 boxes of junior mints and about 40 Chocolate Pop-Tarts over that time period. Seriously could not stop eating! This came after 6 full weeks of only eating one meal per day. I think I gained at least 8lbs during these last two weeks. But.... I am with you now. I'm back. I'm starting back on my IF slowly and today is day 1. I'm starting with the 16-8 plan. Basically I eat my last meal by 8pm, then fast until 12 or 1 the next day. I then eat a protein shake and a banana and then have a normal meal around 6:30pm. I'm also going to cut-out the sweets altogether. My addictive personality just won't allow them right now.

Saw your post on my thread about your Husky. I believe in an earlier thread I told you about our failed experiment with Huskies. They are simply too much dog for us! This new puppy is exactly what we needed to complete our family and to help get our dopamine levels up (nothing does that more than playing with a puppy or having them fall asleep in your lap).

@Lostinspace really sorry to hear about your job- that is soul crushing. It sounds like the camping trip was just what the doctor ordered. We are going through an acquisition right now so I've been worried out of my mind as well. My offer is still on the table- if you'd like me to give your resume a professional once over and send you some tips on job hunting I'd be happy to do so. I've worked in HR for years and I'm sure I could help. I also get that for many of us, privacy is the name of the game so don't feel like you have to take me up on this :)

• Like 3

• Admin1 unpinned this topic