The End of my Addiction

Checking In--July 2016

Molly78

On 02/07/2016 at 4:36 PM, Nicnak said:

Well we had a letter today stating that although we have legal aid we have enough income to pay £4900 of it (don't know it can cost that much)

And because we have a lot of equity in our house people can claim compensation from us (do they want me to sell my house?)

And if he goes to prison he won't have any income and will most probably loose his job 

If he goes to prison we won't have to pay a fine of up to £5000 and any compensation so I'm thinking he should just with no representation and go to prison (and rot there!)

Oh Nicnak, that sounds a dreadful situation.

However, if you are like me, I am a catastrophiser. I see  the worst possible outcome in every situation. I get myself all worked up & virtually give up before the outcome is known. It was relatively late inlife that I identified this characteristic in myself, & since I have done so, it's made an amazing difference to how I view disasters - I actually catch myself "thinking the worst" & can even laugh at myself a bit.

I'm not wishing to dismiss the severity of your current problem - I don't know enough about the legal stuff to do that, but what would be the best outcome you could expect? And is your husbands employer aware of what is going on? Have they actually said he will lose his job? Do you know for certain that the injured parties are going toclaim compensation?

Also, you won't actually need to sell your house - you can take out the equity (remortgage) & continue to live in the house.

Think how much worse things woould be if you were drinking throughout all this - that moment of waking with a hangover when you know for certain that the whole world is against you!

There's a great scene in Life of Brian where  the guys who are being crucified start swinging "Always look on the bright side of life". If I had the IT skills I would  post a link to it to cheer you up.

Stay positive - you've done so well to become AF when your world is falling down around your ears.