The End of my Addiction

Checking in...

Ne1

Seems that we may have lost the "Checking in" thread that I started a couple of days ago. It may be found again, but I can't be sure because I'm not the technical genius behind the curtain! 

But I'd hate to miss a day so I'm just going with the flow and startin' a fresh new thread.

There's one of us who just finished a major trek in an exotic land and I hope she'll stop by really soon and share some stories and maybe even pictures. Congratulations on the journey! Hope it went well. She's got a great story to tell about her own experience with baclofen and sobriety, and I hope she'll share that, too. (No pressure! Sorry to bring it up, but I've been thinking a lot about you!) 

Something about my drinking is changing dramatically. I am not sure what, though, because it's very, very different from the first time I got sober with baclofen alone. (I know that many of you don't know my experience with alcohol and getting sober, and I haven't written my story yet [shame on me!] but I'm just going to use this space to pick up where I am and will start a progress thread later.) Anyway, I could only drink one beer yesterday. Not for lack of wanting or trying! My first beer was about 2:30 in the afternoon. It didn't sit well. Then I tried to have another with dinner and couldn't finish it. How about that? For some reason, I'm not as elated as I should be. Or at least I thought I'd be elated, the way I was the first time, when booze became less and less appealing. Though I definitely remember some trepidation about what I would do and when it would finally happen that I didn't actually want one. More on that, I guess, later. I really should start a progress thread so this one doesn't become all about me. 

I'd really like this thread to be a place to check in for everyone...So please stop by and say hello and what you're up to for the day if you have a chance.

That's about all I've got for this rainy morning, since today is the first day of marathon studying for me. (ugh-ugh-ugh.) But I WILL pass this exam (on April 25th) the very first time. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL. 

And since I feel like I've forgotten everything I've ever learned about nursing, or at least the technical stuff, I've gotta hit the books hard. 

Peace out!