The End of my Addiction

Ordering Baclofen Online

NewEra

I apologize if this is not something that is openly discussed, however, I thought I would pose the question.  If I get no replies that is just fine.

I have been given a list of a few online pharmacies that are reliable for supplying baclofen.  However, how legal is this?  Do you actually just order them straight up or are you seen by a physician somehow.  I can't imagine shipping massive amounts of baclofen into the country month after month for the rest of my life if it were not something that was legal.

Any thoughts? Again, if not, no worries.

Hi @NewEra,

In the US, ordering meds online is technically illegal, but it is a widespread practice and as a rule they do not pursue action against people who order non-scheduled drugs online. (See: http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/features/letter-and-spirit-of-drug-import-laws)  The pharmacies I mentioned are safe and reliable. I have not known of any problems people have had with River, InHouse, Alldaychemist or Goldpharma. I think one person (@StuckinLA I think?) had a shipment that was lost, but the pharmacy sent him a replacement.  Some members on here have ordered large amounts online for 6+ years.

I used AllDayChemist for a couple of years for naltrexone and some baclofen too, and I never had any problems.  Their prices are good but the shipping is pricey, the more you order the more cost effective it is.  

• Like 1

Where are you based? Up until a few weeks ago goldpharma had stopped selling to the EU but they've apparently changed their stance. Best by far in my experience with around 10 different brands. I used them for over 3 years and had a couple of parcels go missing. Got replacements no questions asked by high priority mail. 

If your EU based theyre super quick, usually 4-5 days.

I am in the US.  Do a lot of people in the US order online?  I honestly am running out of options as docs are so hesitant.  Also, which pharmacy is fastest and beat for US orders if you know?

I was just checking my most recent orders from online pharmacies. My order from River took 12 days to arrive, and alldaychemist took just over 2 weeks. My last Goldpharma order was 6 years ago, but I was able to dig up info that that one also took about 12 days. 

• Like 1

My goldpharm  order occasionally gets held up in customs for an extra week, so it could be closer to19 days.  They have the best prices though.  I order for the Baclofen dura 25mg.  I use to order from river.  I don't remember that it took less time, but it may have.

@NewEra I would say the vast majority here order on-line.  I have a script, but it's not enough.  My GP knows I order and how much.

• Like 1

Flyer, there is a little flag to the left of the posters name that indicates which country they are based in.

For us in the UK ordering non-restricted pharmaceuticals for personal use is not illegal.  The only problems you can run into is if the sender labels their package incorrectly, which the Indian pharmacies do to avoid customs (they put "herbal supplements or something equally incorrect).  If UK customs check by opening the package they keep it & send you a letter accusing you (as the importer) of trying to evade customs charges!

This happened to me just once about 3 years ago, & it worried me a bit as the letter sounds vaguely threatening.  However it's not happened since as I order from places like Inhouse who label their stuff correctly.

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

I apologize if this is not something that is openly discussed, however, I thought I would pose the question.  If I get no replies that is just fine.

I have been given a list of a few online pharmacies that are reliable for supplying baclofen.  However, how legal is this?  Do you actually just order them straight up or are you seen by a physician somehow.  I can't imagine shipping massive amounts of baclofen into the country month after month for the rest of my life if it were not something that was legal.

Any thoughts? Again, if not, no worries.

I originally posted this on MWO:

[W]hile it is not technically legal to import drugs, medications, supplements, etc. WITH OR WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION, in practice - IT IS WRITTEN INTO THE LAW - that enforcement action is limited to individuals importing controlled substances and/or vast quantities for commercial distribution. Baclofen, naltrexone, topiramate, and disulfiram are not, nor have they ever been, controlled substances.

From Wikipedia:
Importation of an unapproved prescription drug (not necessarily a controlled substance) violates 21 USC, Section 301(aa), even for personal use.[26] The Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act does allow for the importation of drug products for unapproved new drugs for which there is no approved American version. However, this allowance does not allow for the importation of foreign-made versions of U.S. approved drugs. The law further specifies that enforcement should be focused on cases in which the importation by an individual poses a threat to public health, and discretion should be exercised to permit individuals to make such importations in circumstances in which the prescription drug or device imported does not appear to present an unreasonable risk to the individual.

See also:

Information on Importation of Drugs Prepared by the Division of Import Operations and Policy, FDA:

The General Guidance Section states that FDA should consider not taking enforcement actions against such importation:

"when 1) the intended use [of the drug] is unapproved and for a serious condition for which effective treatment may not be available domestically either through commercial or clinical means; 2) there is no known commercialization or promotion to persons residing in the U.S. by those involved in the distribution of the product at issue; 3) the product is considered not to represent an unreasonable risk; and 4) the individual seeking to import the product affirms in writing that it is for the patient's own use (generally not more than 3 month supply) and provides the name and address of the doctor licensed in the U.S. responsible for his or her treatment with the product or provides evidence that the product is for the continuation of a treatment begun in a foreign country/area." (Emphasis added)

The above guidance does not specify that a U.S. citizen may import an unapproved drug only with a prescription from a U.S. licensed physician, or that a foreign citizen may import an unapproved new drug only with a foreign prescription. Rather, to ensure that the importation is for personal use only (and not for resale), and to ensure that the use of the unapproved new drug sought to be imported into the U.S. is supervised and does not represent an unreasonable risk, the guidance provides that the individual affirm in writing that the drug is for his or her personal use, and provide either the name and address of the U.S. licensed physician who will supervise its use or some evidence that the treatment was begun in a foreign country/area and that the drugs are being imported to continue/conclude the already begun treatment. Thus, while not the only documentation, either a U.S. or foreign prescription, along with an affirmation of personal use, could be supplied as evidence that this factor exists.

-tk

• Like 2