The End of my Addiction
Ne1

Checking in - December 2016

Ne1

Morning, y'all. Been pretty productive for the last two days, which feels really good. I decided we weren't going to really decorate for the holidays, but after pulling everything out, I changed my mind. One of my girlfriends borrowed all of my "tasteful" decorations to decorate her store, so I've decided to embrace my inner queen this year. (Not the kind that wears a crown and ermine, and spreads justice and wisdom. The kind that wears a tiara and fishnets and spreads glitter and gorgeousness.) (Though some faux ermine would be wonderful.) I even have a white, faux-fur garland for the (as yet kerfuffled) red tinsel tree. And pink ornaments. Holy mother, it's gonna be awful. :) 

I've done some things in sobriety I never could have when I was drinking. Like going to our Civic League (neighborhood) meeting, where I met the mayor and some other functionaries. (Did I write about this already?) I abhor the meetings. Old people talking about people speeding through our neighborhood, and trying to stop the boat launch from being installed, or anything and everything new or different. It's mind-boggling and makes me want to scream. WTH is it with old people and their obsession with people who don't drive the speed limit? (We have a mostly closed neighborhood, in which the streets dead-end, so it's even more confusing.) And 3 schools in walking distance, only one of which is accredited and that one still failing. But traffic problems reign. I held my tongue and will hold it again next time. Can't wait for the boat launch, actually, since we have a kayak we never use.  

Having 3 friends over for dinner on the 10th, and my parents on the 17th, so much motivation to act "as if" and get things in order. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell my girlfriends, whom I've known for almost 7 years, about booze and baclofen and MWO and EOMA. They don't know anything. I'm tired of pretending I do nothing with my time, and want their support and understanding, too. On the other hand, it's nice to have people who don't have any clue. But not nice enough to continue with the double life. 

Alright, I'm out. Stuff to do before Ed leaves for work so I can bustamove once he leaves and get ready to go fill out job applications. (He doesn't know.) Which is terrifying. 

Peace out, peeps.

• Like 4

StuckinLA

Some things we'll just never understand until we deal with them firsthand. Like old people always talking about the weather. It'll never make sense until you know how arthritis works - humidity and rain causes actual physical pain in their joints. They talk about the weather because they want to know if they are going to hurt in the upcoming days. Probably the same with traffic - older people have to take drivers tests all the time and they're all on the verge of losing their licenses for the rest of their lives. Their world shrinks, and shrinks. First they lose the car, then probably the house they've lived in most of their lives, then the world shrinks down to just a hospital bed.

So they talk about traffic.

Glad you went to those meetings and met the mayor. Local politics has always annoyed me. And meetings. Robert's Rules of Order makes me want to set things on fire. But it's where real things happen. Real things that affect people's lives. So it's good that you went even if only a couple times.

I am crossing fingers and sending you silent prayers for the job and for all the things going on with Ed. Don't be terrified. Be the warrior you know you can be. RAWR.

• Like 3

Nicnak

Some people might know but I'm prescribed Nalmefene by my GP after going through alcohol services.Ive used it only twice in the last 4 months of it being prescribed as I'm indifferent with Baclofen.I thought I had no side effects so thought I should really make an effort to get into using it.So yesterday I took the tablet 2 hours before I intended to drink a glass of wine.Bought the bottle especially for this experiment.

Well before the 2 hours was up I was feeling really unwell and had to force the glass of wine down when the time was ready.That was at 12 yesterday and my diet went out the window as all I wanted were high fat carbs as I felt like I had the worst hangover.Its 5 in afternoon the next day now and I still feel hungover and not with it.Thank God I did it when I have a few days off work.

I thought I had this to fall back on because I already have 4 months supply and now I'm idifferent I thought I could now work on TSM side of things but it's not to be with Nalmefene 

• Like 1

Molly78

@Nicnak why on earth are you bothering with nalmefene? It doesn't work & you don't need it!  Drop the rest in the bin & get on with your new sober life.

• Like 4

Ne1

lol, Molly. Good advice. I understand why Nicnak is nervous, though. It's hard to figure out what's right without a guidebook. 

Good points, Stuck. 

I spent a couple of hours this morning cleaning up and labeling photos on my computer. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you suppose that is in my life? Zero. It's a zero. 

I did not apply for jobs yesterday morning for several reasons. I'm going to do it on Monday instead. I DID get a bunch of stuff done that has been hanging over my head for forever. Like our taxes. Actually, I sent all the information to a friend of mine who works for an accountant. Told her I didn't care what it cost, didn't care about anything, just needed help getting it d-o-n-e. (Some of you may not know that Ed's identity was stolen, a false tax return filed, and then everything was kerfuffled and has been a total pain in the foot.) It looks like I didn't file the taxes correctly, anyway, so good news on that front, too. I swear, I don't think of myself as an idiot (most of the time) but filing taxes, as simple as ours are, is a challenge every year. Bad news is that she needs more info (paperwork) and I will have to dig or discover it somehow, and that is a challenge. Not the motivating kind. 

Argument with Ed last night. I was totally unreasonable and don't care. We tabled any further discussion until Sunday. 

Not sure about today. It's 11am, and I'm still in pajamas. Had a terrible night's sleep and feel like blech. Pete's being particularly annoying, though, and I may HAVE to walk her even though it might kill me. 

• Like 3

Ne1

Belated Checking In thread for December! 

Grand designs for me today. I'm going to apply for jobs this morning and have a full day after that, too. Most of it fun and out of the house. 

Also had a pretty productive weekend. 

I've been lost in food information online whenever I turn on the computer. Fermentation! Yippee! (Actually, not sure if I'm going to delve into that this week. Too much else to do, I think.) 

Girlfriends coming over on Saturday for a much delayed and so very extensive get-together. Not sure what I'm going to do with Ed, since he can't go hang out at a bar. A couple of movies maybe? Or maybe, if we get lucky, it'll be nice enough to hang out outside. 

Woke up with bells on, obviously, eager to get Pete to the trail, and it's pouring rain. I will not be discouraged, however! RAWR.  

Hope it's a good day for you all. 

• Like 3

Ne1

Quiet as a library in here. Makes me want to whisper. 

MJM

Hi all, — Ne I hope things work out with Ed. But I see a spring in your step (well of course I can't, but you know what I mean!) and plenty of positivity otherwise. That, at least, is good stuff as is the indifference to AL. That's how I've started to say it. I'm not 'sober' but indifferent, have been for six weeks. In that time I drank, oh boy did I ever. Twice, half a glass of beer each time..... 

I haven't been on the forum much except to add to my progress thread. Trying to be moe involved

Edited by MJM
  • Like 2

Ne1

I've got a job interview this afternoon for a non-profit!! A real job that actually contributes to something other than buying stuff! 

More later. Xx

• Like 5

Otter

This was the day after the colloquium in Paris.  Things are starting to get back to normal, slowly.  

img_4633.jpg

• Like 6

DunDrinkn

A little over 11 weeks AF. Not depressed, not motivated. Not much of anything...

Every afternoon I contemplate drinking. For about 2 hours. It flits in and out of my mind. Then once I run through the whole scenario, I decide against it. Guess that's the power of the Baclofen. But it's a waste of mental resources, really. Hoping that I'll move past this phase soon. It still feels imperative to not drink at all. So that's still the plan. I can't fathom why I'd drink and not want to get buzzed. And after the amount of time I've been on Bac and without drinking, I'd have to consume a fair bit and might still not feel anything but crappy.... So you see how this train of thought drags me down the tracks every day. Just like this. Choo Choo.

I've written and erased paragraphs just now. Everything I write sounds snarky. Guess I'm feeling snarky. So I'll sign off for now.

• Like 4

fredson

Passed that exam I spent November studying for. It's good to have out of the way, but more importantly it's good not to have to do in the future because I couldn't get around to studying or to have to do more than once for a lack of preparation.

The search for work is still stagnant- and I don't know if it's because it's the end of the year or because my heavily medicated tear with alcohol 4 years ago is still known in recruiting circles. A phone screen I did get with a recruiter ended badly when she asked me an extremely loaded question about ever accepting a counter offer. She would not accept any type of nuanced answer until I said "yes" or "no", and the phone call ended within 20 seconds of me saying yes. 

I was upset about it the rest of the day, but not afterwards when I thought of it. Imagine a similar conversation:

"Before you marry me, I need to ask you an important question."

"Sure!"

"Do you believe that marriage is eternal and sacred?"

"Well there are circumstances in which.."

"That doesn't answer the question!"

"I mean what if I don't know I'm getting married to a serial cheater and then.."

"There are no if's here, would you or would you not ever entertain the possibility of a divorce?"

"Yes, I have to say I would. I'm legally entitled to."

"BAAHHH!! Marrying you is a total waste of my time then!!!"

Seriously, I have no idea why people ask loaded questions and think they're being clever when they entrap someone. They accomplish nothing but making the person asking them look bad or making the person being asked to give an insincere answer. In the least, it sent across a strong vibe of being mistrustful. At worst, she was trying to insure herself against me taking issue with something I would not know about until later due to a lack of transparency. The latter was probably true, it was extremely unusual to need to fill an engineering position on short (start next week!) notice like that unless something was very wrong. 

• Like 2

Mom2JTx3

@Ne1 How did the job go nterview go?  Did you like the place?

Good morning everyone.  I'm still recovering from surgery.  I didn't post about it, but I went in last Wednesday for an outpatient laparoscopic abdominal procedure.  It turned out it couldn't be done laparoscopically, so they converted to open and I didn't get out of the hospital until Saturday.  It's been painful and I've not done much this week but lie in bed taking pain meds.  I'm at the point where my back hurts as much as my incision so I'm committed to keeping my ass out of bed today!  To add insult to injury, thanks to Baclofen, pain meds aren't fun anymore  :( 

Have a good day everyone :) 

• Like 3

StuckinLA

Oh @Mom2JTx3 so sorry! While the pain meds may not be fun, I hope they are doing their job.

• Like 2

Alice22

Just wanted to check in -- I"ve been up  and down but I am having more good days then bad.  Still AF at 110 mgs bac and 900mgs gabapentin.  I switched up the dosing, taking 50mg before bed and 20 mg 3x a day at even intervals.  I'm a little less tired and more motivated. I have things to do every day, appointments, school stuff, Christmas stuff, cooking cleaning.  Just all the things normal people do every day.  It feels kind of new to me, like I'm re-learning how to live.   For a long time I didn't want to leave the house because I was afraid I'd be tempted to buy liquor.   It wasn't so long ago that I would buy a bottle of wine, drink most of it in the parking lot and go grocery shopping.  I don't feel triggered or tempted when I  grocery shop now, I just feel really bad for a few minutes, ashamed and mad at myself for this past behavior.  Then I might feel hopeful for a few minutes, and feel like I am moving forward.  So it's kind of like that, I have myriad emotions, bursts  of energy and clarity and then all of sudden depression hits.  I've been fighting it though,  and I think it is lifting a bit.  I am trying to live just moment to moment really, and it helps to not think too much, just get up and move and try to "do the next right thing"  ( I think this might be an AA slogan).

I volunteered again to work the concession stand at my son's track meet.  I liked it last week and I'm embarrassed my son is a senior and I have not participated at all in his high school stuff.  And I liked one of the other moms a lot too, I hope she's there today.  

I want to post more later and thank you @Ne1 for the tutorial on citing specific posts.  I need more time to figure it out because I am so bad with this stuff and my Mac is really old and the text is so faint it takes a while to read everything.

I have to get going though, have to finish dinner then make Rice Krispie treats for the track meet. 

• Like 4

Jetsman32

Hey all. Hope everyone is having a great week! I've been keeping busy myself. My company was acquired officially on November 1st so I've been working with the new company outlining our HR policies and learning more about what they do. I think there is going to be some fun synergy between the two companies. Funny story, we had a call this week with our new EVP of HR - who is from the acquiring company. He was announcing that our EVP of HR was being let go. He opened it up and asked for questions on the call. Then it was silence..... finally I piped in, introduced myself and asked about the safety of our jobs over the next 6-12 months. He said we are all-good and he likes what we are doing. He also commended me publicly for being the only one with the guts to ask him the question that was on everybody's mind. I'm actually excited for 2017!

I don't know why but I am having trouble tagging people. It will work once in a post then again not at all. I don't understand why this is. 

A few things:

@Ne1 I think with age we all change as stuck said. Strangely enough I now find myself drawn to true crime shows which I've never liked in the past. Weird. The good thing however is that my wife loves them so now we can watch together and talk about them instead of me sitting in my office playing video games. Sooooooo, have you heard back on the job? I thought you were going to look for something in retail for the holidays but it sounds like you may have found the real-deal instead! Please let us know. I'm very excited for you. Also- just to put this out there, I work in HR and have done professional resumes for years. If anyone wants a free once over just let me know! Also happy to hear that you are on a solid track in recovery and finding things to keep you busy. I thought you would also like to know that I am NOT a Christmas decorator. However, my wife, better known as the "Pinterest Queen" has gone all out. Everyday when I get home from work I feel like I'm walking into a department store. She has done an amazing job! I am very thankful her even more so around the holidays. She does some really cool stuff to make it special for the family. She also did all the outside stuff as well. My neighbor asked me what I did to help, my reply "I paid for the lights". hahahah he loved that. Funny thing was his wife did all the work too!

Nicnak- I am not familiar with Nalmfrene but I agree with Molly, if the Bac is working then just roll with it!

Dundrinkin- SO many congratulations on hitting 11 weeks AF. That is a huge accomplishment and something you should be very proud of yourself.

Fredson- nice work on the exam. I think you are right about the lack of hiring. Most companies hold off on new hires until January because that is when the new hiring budgets and headcounts become available. If you need any help with that let me know. I have some great tricks up my sleeve to get you to the front of the resume pile.  I have the PHR (Professional in Human Resources) coming up in February. It has a 40% first time failure rate and cost's $400 a pop to take it. The big issue there is I have to have it to finish my Masters Degree at Villanova. Wish me luck- I have a lot of studying to do in January! If all goes as planned I'll get my Master's in June. Thinking about driving up to Villanova to walk the stage on-campus. It's always been a dream of mine. I've worked hard and I think I'm going to make it happen!

Alice- glad to hear you are doing well and participating in your son's school. I should probably do more of that myself. I tend to do more driving him around and my wife goes to the meetings. I do however attend all of his shows and he knows I care deeply about helping him with fundraisers and the like.  Also glad you are AF still. I have switched my dosing as well. I now take 210 at 8:30am and 100 at around 4pm. It's been working great. I still have a TON of trouble sleeping so now I'm using an over the counter product called Unisom which contains Doxylamine, a drug twice as powerful as the stuff in Benadryl. This little pill packs a punch though! It will put you out like a light for a full 8-9 hours. The problem is that if you can't sleep that long and have to wake up early you are physically exhausted for at least a few hours. Since I get up at 6am now to go to the gym I usually take half a pill and try to be in bed at 11pm- seems to be doing the trick so far. My only concern is if it is addictive and if I stop will I ever be able to maintain normal sleep again. Anyone familiar with this?

Mom- dang you for not telling us about your surgery! I am just glad to hear that you are doing well in recovery. Rest up and take care of yourself. I had the same problem with pain meds during the hard part of my back surgery recovery. I was taking Vicoden (Norco) and it would kill the pain and just make me sleepy. Couldn't catch a buzz- even though I was taking a huge amount. Don't worry folks, I didn't push it and try to get high or anything- just another strange and brilliant side-effect of Baclofen.

As for me, this was my first week back at work. Up at 6am, and to the office at 8:30. It's been weird since for the last 2.5 months I've been working from home and sleeping in until 8:20 everyday! I'm doing it though and maintaining my IF. NE1- my wife is now down 26lbs in6 weeks- not too shabby eh? I lost 7 last week in my first full week of working out. Feeling pretty good. 

My son is a finalist to get into the Governor's School I mentioned before. We are just waiting for his PSAT scores to come in and he still needs to submit two more essays.  If selected, he will need to travel to the school for a series of final interviews prior to being accepted. The worst part is we won't know if he get's in unitl May 1st for sure. It could be earlier but May 1st is the hard-cut off. I think the wait is killing me more than him! He also get's to take his driver's test next week. Lord help me. I'm not sure I'm ready for that at all. He will be driving my car all over the place and I'll have to officially add him to my insurance. The good part is that I won't have to keep driving him to work, school and church which will make my wife and I's night's more productive.

Anyway- miss talking to all of you. The last two weeks have been fairly insane here. I'll try to be around more. Take care all.

• Like 3

Molly78

Well I have fallen off the wagon this week  Work has been beyond dreadful.  Monday was book group so half a bottle of wine.  Normally that would be it for the week. But when I came home I had another couple of glasses to steal myself for the next day. Tuesday should have been my day off but instead it turned into a series of meetings about a "significant event". In the NHS this is code for "someone f*cked up let's find out who it was & make their life difficult".  The process of victimisation is described as "are there lessons to be learned from this event?"  The meetings were at my base, which about an hour's drive (on a good day) along a hellish road, which turns into an hour & a half at peak times of day.

By the time I got home, having spent the return journey grinding my teeth in frustration, I was in that "you deserve a drink" frame of mind.  So I had one.  These days I drink vodka with a sweet fizzy mixer, as wine has never tastaed the same since I started on baclofen.  I drink only one unit at a time (I have a proper measure which tells you how much a single unit is ie 25 mls - god knows how much I used to slosh in in days gone by) & the amazing thing is that after 2 of these, provided I eat at the same time, I really don't want any more.  However, I then woke at 2.30 am with my mind spinning so I had another 2.  Ditto on Wednesday.  Thursday I took Nytol & a double dose of Seroquel (50 mg) & slept through the night but woke up feeling groggy & hungover.  Friday was a day off & I managed another 4 units over the course of the day while ruminating about events at work.  By the end of the day I had decided to retire for good (I had planned to work til 2018 before all this kicked off).

So I have had about  25 units this week & I am cross with myself. Mind you, that's a drop in the ocean compared to my intake before baclofen which was about 2 bottles of wine a day.  But I think I need to give up alcohol completely until all this is resolved.  

Today I have been taking gabapentin 300 mg with each does of bac & I feel unsteady on my feet & a bit spaced out.  Tomorrow I have 2 of my grandchildren for the day so drinking won't be an option.  Next week I will not drink at all.  I might increase my dose of bac (currently 150 mg daily) to help with this as I don't think I should drive while taking gabapentin.  I will take a higher dose of Seroquel at night as the early morning wakings are a dangerous time.

Bleurgh! I feel very low just now.

Mom2JTx3

@Molly78 Don't beat yourself up.  You're drinking because of stress, but I can attest to using AL for relief Is a slippery slope.  It's how I fell off the wagon in April so it's good to be aware.  I now pop an l-theanine when I'm  anxious so I don't crave a drink.  There's been much already said on here about stress, anxiety, and drinking.  If you still find yourself struggling, you can definitely bump up if you have to.

I've been at this second switch (my new anti anxiety level switch :)) for 8 months.  I've started to titrate down very slowly.  I was at 310 forever.  I'm now down to 280.  I'm taking it slowly.

@Jetsman32 Glad to see you're doing well :) 

@Ne1 Was the interview that bad?

@StuckinLA Yes, the pills were working and I've been off them for a couple of days.  Just Tylenol now.  I'm feeling much better.  How's the insurance situation?

@Alice22 Congrats on your continued success.  Hope you had fun at concession.  I had to do that for my son who plays football, but it's such a zoo I always found it stressful!  You do start to feel more normal the more normal things you do.

BarrelChested
1 hour ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

I now pop an l-theanine when I'm  anxious so I don't crave a drink.

Thanks for this. It's an amino acid... so, it's very unlikely to cause any health problems. Naturally, it's GRAS.  The Germans are calling "b#llsh1t" on the claims of benefits. However, @Mom2JTx3, what's your experience been with it? Do you feel that the effects are consistent beyond those attributable to a placebo effect?  I'm curious because of my recent discovery that sleep deprivation is very strongly correlated with my desire to drink.  The cascade of biochemical effects described (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine) are interesting... which doesn't mean that they're relevant at the dosages consumed by humans. Dunno -- I'm eager to hear about your experience.

2 hours ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

Hope you had fun at concession.

Good times -- that's how I lost my virginity!

• Like 1

Felina

Hi @BarrelChested, I take l-theanine as well. I think a bunch of us on here do. We share our secrets! :) I also take Passion Flower extract, but I have personally found l-theanine to be more effective. 

• Like 1

Molly78

Well today has been a much better day.  I took an extra 20 mg bac - 40/60/70 instead of 40/50/60 - & I feel much better for it.  Except that my back hurts, which is the reason I tried not to increase it before.  I was trying to use gaba as an adjunct but I really can't get on with it.

So. Onward & upward!  I will stick with the higher dose at least til Christmas.  I might reduce a bit in preparation for family celebrations - it's really nice to be able to enjoy a drink over Christmas without falling asleep!

• Like 4

Mom2JTx3

That was what Dr. A recommended.  The extra 25mg as needed.  Glad it worked out for you @Molly78

• Like 1

Ne1

Fly by from me, which I hate to do because I want to respond to everyone. 

Got a part time job at a social ministry that feeds people! Had friends over yesterday! Ed home today! Studying, studying, studying! 

Basically, I've been uncomfortably busy since I woke up Thursday morning. But all well. Back soon.

xx

• Like 5

Mom2JTx3

@BarrelChested I just realized I didn't answer you about l-theanine.  I saw some people posting about it here and did some research as I was struggling with anxiety.  I reviewed some studies and thought I'd give it a try.  That and Passion flower were recommended.  I take two l-theanine before bed along with two valerian root and 1/2 a sleep aid for my insomnia.  I take one pill as needed during the day if I'm anxious at work and it seems to smooth things out a bit.  I've taken lots of supplements that didn't do a thing, so I don't think it's the placebo effect.  It seems to work consistently for me.  It's not the same as taking xanax, but is much better for you. :) 

• Like 2

StuckinLA

Hi all. Not dead, not in rehab. Not drinking, but not really feeling like posting either. Busy with prep for the holiday and conference travel, and getting things squared away here at home. Will update soon.

• Like 3

Jetsman32

Hey @Molly78 I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad over this. Yes you had more than you wanted but you didn't go what I would call "crazy".  Was it more than you intended, sure. Was it more than what you what have drank in your hey-day- "hell no". Everyone slips. Yours was minor. It sounds like you saw the problem, corrected it and are taking the proper steps to get to the next phase of your life. Don't dwell on it, you are better than that! Just like Dr. Amiesien said in his book, if you start to slip take some extra Bac. You followed directions and well on the road to being back where you were.

@BarrelChested I happen to be the vitamin shop of this world LOL. I take L-Theanine and Passion Flower for stress (I can send you links- you want the most potent extracts) as well as Valerian Root for sleep and niacin, vitamin's D + B and folic acid. I fashion myself a stay-at-home witch doctor! By the way all, I'm taking a new sleep aid (over-the counter) called Unisom. The active ingredient is Doxylamine. It is 3X stronger than Benadryl so be careful. If you are taking a full pill make sure to take it one hour for bed and sleep for a full 8 hours. If you sleep less you will wake up lethargic for 2-3 hours. I typically take 3/4 pill because I only get 6-7 hours per night. Works like a charm! I also take Lyrica and Gabapentin for nerve pain and Tramadol for sciatica. Oh, and my men's multi-vitamin. I have been reading a lot that multi-vitamins to don't work though because your body does absorb them. Going to finish this bottle and be done!

@Ne1 Congratulations on the new position- you deserve it. Very happy for you!!!!!!! Since my wife started working she feels better about herself and is losing weight because she is on her feet so much. Good for you :)

@StuckinLA glad to hear you are doing well. Still want to hear how that whole insurance thing went down when your travel settles down. That sounds like a goat-rope and also illegal if they didn't notify you previously. But I digress- keep getting better!

If anyone is looking for a strong anti-oxidant boost in the evening try this. 1 cup Chamomile tea plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar plus one shot pure grapefruit juice. If you take it before you eat it also acts as a natural hunger reducer.

I had a great week at the gym. Only lost one pound but I think that is because I lifted so much. Might actually start getting some muscle back and not look like an emaciated string-bean.

• Like 4

Mom2JTx3

I'd like some opinions please.  I've been staying away from AL since May since I have odd reactions to it now after my last horrible detox after reaching indifference for a second time.  One night during vacation I had two beers and stared off into the distance for two hours, then went to sleep.  If I drink wine, I pace the floor that night or the next until it's all out of my system, so I stay away.  On Thanksgiving I had a small glass and did fine.  Yesterday my friend brought over some lovely oaky Chardonnay which I drank far too much of.  There I was pacing the floors all night long. Any ideas what is up with that?  I had severe DTs the two times I hit indifference and quit.  I ended up in the hospital.  Is this a smaller version of that?  I'm no longer titrating down BTW.  I'm going to head back up.  That wine just tasted like more last night.  I'm guessing it will be a long time until my body resets enough to be able to drink without effect?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mom2JTx3
Spelling

terryk

Mom2, are you saying that you were pacing because you were feeling anxious, like going through a mini withdrawal? Or is it more of a stimulant effect? And when you say "That wine just tasted like more last night," do you mean that you felt like you wanted to continue drinking?

• Like 1

Felina

@Mom2JTx3 -It does sound like the alcohol is causing some sort of stimulant effect.  I am not sure if this compares, but when I drink I have very definite OCD-type behaviors for the next day or so. Lots of finger-tapping, obsessive thoughts, and songs raging through my head (much worse than normal "earworm" songs). I don't remember these happening in my pre-baclofen days.

• Like 1

Felina
4 hours ago, Jetsman32 said:

I happen to be the vitamin shop of this world LOL. I take L-Theanine and Passion Flower for stress (I can send you links- you want the most potent extracts) as well as Valerian Root for sleep and niacin, vitamin's D + B and folic acid. I fashion myself a stay-at-home witch doctor! By the way all, I'm taking a new sleep aid (over-the counter) called Unisom. The active ingredient is Doxylamine. It is 3X stronger than Benadryl so be careful. If you are taking a full pill make sure to take it one hour for bed and sleep for a full 8 hours. If you sleep less you will wake up lethargic for 2-3 hours. I typically take 3/4 pill because I only get 6-7 hours per night. Works like a charm! I also take Lyrica and Gabapentin for nerve pain and Tramadol for sciatica. Oh, and my men's multi-vitamin. I have been reading a lot that multi-vitamins to don't work though because your body does absorb them. Going to finish this bottle and be done!

I love doxylamine succinate. It's the ingredient in Nyquil that produces such glorious sleep. If you want to buy it cheaply in bulk, here's a good link: https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Doxylamine-Succinate-192-Count/dp/B0045XGE9E/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481591158&sr=8-1&keywords=doxylamine+succinate   I used doxylamine for several years before I switched to l-tryptophan for sleep. https://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-L-Tryptophan-500mg-Capsules/dp/B000GFSVS2/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481591225&sr=8-3&keywords=l-tryptophan

• Like 1