The End of my Addiction
Mentium

Popping in to say hi.

Mentium

Hello all. Firstly apologies for my absence here. For those who were around when the forum started I was one of the 'founding members' and helped a bit with setting bits of it up. I posted shortly after, having struggled with baclofen, that I wouldn't post while I was still actively drinking and not actually following some sort of plan to stop.

It has been a rough few months but in the end I went back to AA. I'm not a big '12 Stepper' by any means but the longest periods I have ever had sober as an adult were while attending AA. I don't have any time for gods or superstition, but I do get something from the personal contact an group support there I realise and that is what makes the difference for me I suspect.

Anyway I'm going, been sober a while and feeling OK about it. I am not even having to fight the urge to drink as luckily for now, it has abated, following a pretty horrible month or two prior to stopping.

Anyway I thought I owed people here who were around when the forum started an explanation.

Hoping all are well and succeeding at whatever path your chosen route alcohol free living might be.

Regards.

• Like 6

Baclofenman

Hello Old Bean

Yes. it has been a long time and of course I think of you every time I read any page of the forum* - Well sort of....

So glad you are getting some AF time under your belt - I know how you struggled with Baclofen

Why don't you start a thread about your AA experience - I have never been and would love to read your take on it - At least it will be from a source I trust

Anyway, like I say, glad you are doing well and great to hear from you

Regards

Bacman

* For those of you who do not know Menty created the site logo

• Like 2

Mentium

I rather like the idea of a space where I can vent about the ups and downs of my AA experiences Bacman. If nobody objects I may well take you up on it!

Hoping you are doing OK!

• Like 1

Baclofenman
9 minutes ago, Mentium said:

I rather like the idea of a space where I can vent about the ups and downs of my AA experiences Bacman. If nobody objects I may well take you up on it!

Hoping you are doing OK!

Super, thanks

Finished my first year at the beginning of January so it is onward and upwards - Smoking has been a little more difficult without help but one step at a time. hay? - Got the GP to prescribe Baclofen so all's good in the hood

I for one would like to see your comments

Regards

Bacman

Molly78

@Mentium it's good to hear from you - I had been wondering how you were getting on.

A thread about AA would be interesting