The End of my Addiction

BACLOFEN PRESCRIBER NYC Urgent

Miranda212

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

The Manhattan doctor who prescribed baclofen for me, and many other patients, recently died. Dr. Stuart Kloda. If anyone knows of other doctors in Manhattan who prescribe baclofen, could you please let me know? His patients are left stranded and feeling somewhat undone at the moment.

Also, would any of you have suggestions where else I might post this call out? I'm not familiar with other boards. 

Thanks so much.

Hello Miranda, I too am a patient of his and just found out today, what a terrible tragedy. I just started on the Bac w/ Dr K in January and it has been great so far. I spoke with the female doctor he had on his note, she told me to speak with Dr Marc Epstein (on 96th street). Any luck with him?

• Like 1

Hi @Miranda and @glen12080.  It's a heck of a lot easier to get a prescription when you already have one, especially if you can testify that it's helping you.  You may want to mention that it's a medication that you can't just stop abruptly.  I would find out who they were referring patients to and set up an appointment with them to explain the situation.  There is a doctor listing here but there are only two in NY.  http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/forum/86-north-east/

Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome, glen!  So sorry to hear about your doctor!

Have you tried to order Baclofen online  from River Pharmacy or Goldpharma? I am never asked for a prescription when I order from them.

• Like 1

@Miranda212

I have been passed some information from our friends @Baclofenews https://twitter.com/baclofenews that Initia Nova may be able to prescribe Baclofen. Whether or not this is as part of a in patient programme or not is not clear.

They are based in Cherry Hill NJ.

Perhaps you could report back so they may be added to the Doctors list, if appropriate.

• Like 1

Hi Glenn,

I haven't tried Dr. Epstein yet. I'm trying to compile a longer list right now. I'll definitely share what I know. Glenn, were you able to get your medical records from Kloda's practice?

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2017 at 5:32 PM, Admin1 said:

@Miranda212

I have been passed some information from our friends @Baclofenews https://twitter.com/baclofenews that Initia Nova may be able to prescribe Baclofen. Whether or not this is as part of a in patient programme or not is not clear.

They are based in Cherry Hill NJ.

Perhaps you could report back so they may be added to the Doctors list, if appropriate.

First post here but a long time lurker!  I've been taking Baclofen since July of 2016.  Had an issue with one of my packages being held up in customs for far too long, got me really nervous as if it didn't arrive (it eventually did) I'd be in a really weird situation with having to taper Baclofen way too fast until I could re-order.  Couple that with always wanting to have a legit prescription for Baclofen and seeing this post led me to Dr. Sullivan at Initia Nova, just a 25 minute drive from my house.  I told him my deal, how much Baclofen has helped me and was given a prescription.  He honestly could not be more cool, caring and kindhearted.  Seeing him again in about another month then I think the plan is to go in every three months there after, which I'm cool with.  It's nice to have a legal high-dose prescription of Baclofen which I can fill for $15 a month at my local Rite Aid.  Anyway, I could not recommend Dr. Sullivan at Initia Nova enough!  They do other cool things like Ketamine therapy for anxiety/depression which I wish I could afford and/or would be covered by my insurance. 

• Like 2