Jump to content
The End of my Addiction

Advice needed, please


Alcofree
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have been on Baclofen for nearly four months now. Started on 5mg on the 1st of December 2016. I am currently on 180mg. Cravings for booze are VERY strong. I have been drinking 7 days out of 10 during this time, so just under four months on Baclofen- no changes in my drinking pattern. I have two questions:

1. Shall I keep going, keeping my Baclofen intake further?

2. Shall I stop and start again? I have read on here that sometimes you can drink through your switch dose. Shall I, maybe, stop and start again on 20/25mg again? In this case, do I wait for a bit before I start again? For how long?

I am desperate to stop drinking. Please help. Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would definitely keep going. That dosage is not that high.  As they use to say on mwo, just keep taking the pills.  I think it use to be 'just keep taking the damn pills' or JKTTDP :)  Keep going!  Everyone's experience is different. I saw a decrease at one point but just before my switch was drinking as much as ever.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

I would definitely keep going. That dosage is not that high.  As they use to say on mwo, just keep taking the pills.  I think it use to be 'just keep taking the damn pills' or JKTTDP :)  Keep going!  Everyone's experience is different. I saw a decrease at one point but just before my switch was drinking as much as ever.  

Thank you! Went up by 5mg yesterday. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Alcofree said:

Thank you! Went up by 5mg yesterday. What was your switch please in mg? And for long were you still drinking before you hit the switch? Thank you.

What was your switch in mg, please?

Edited by Alcofree
Forgot to ask more questions.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone is so different but mine was on the high side.  I was drinking 4 bottles of Chardonnay every day of my life for many years. I drank from morning til night.  I couldn't even go a day without alcohol.  It took a long time for me to titrate up as I had to go slowly due to side effects.  My switch was 250 mg.  I was happy there for quite awhile.  Then my Mom, who has dementia, moved in.  I started drinking again and it escalated quickly.  I ended up at 310 before getting back in control.  I had to detox in the hospital the last two times.  It was ugly.  Baclofen saved my life and I honestly don't know where I would be today if I hadn't found it! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mom2JTx3 said:

Everyone is so different but mine was on the high side.  I was drinking 4 bottles of Chardonnay every day of my life for many years. I drank from morning til night.  I couldn't even go a day without alcohol.  It took a long time for me to titrate up as I had to go slowly due to side effects.  My switch was 250 mg.  I was happy there for quite awhile.  Then my Mom, who has dementia, moved in.  I started drinking again and it escalated quickly.  I ended up at 310 before getting back in control.  I had to detox in the hospital the last two times.  It was ugly.  Baclofen saved my life and I honestly don't know where I would be today if I hadn't found it! 

Thank you. Looks like I'm on a high end too. Very similar circumstances.. dumped by a supportive boyfriend, dad died. I keep going. I have to believe in Baclofen. Explored all other options out there. Thank you for your support. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Alcofree said:

Thank you. Looks like I'm on a high end too. Very similar circumstances.. dumped by a supportive boyfriend, dad died. I keep going. I have to believe in Baclofen. Explored all other options out there. Thank you for your support. 

 

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, Mom2JTx3 said:

Everyone is so different but mine was on the high side.  I was drinking 4 bottles of Chardonnay every day of my life for many years. I drank from morning til night.  I couldn't even go a day without alcohol.  It took a long time for me to titrate up as I had to go slowly due to side effects.  My switch was 250 mg.  I was happy there for quite awhile.  Then my Mom, who has dementia, moved in.  I started drinking again and it escalated quickly.  I ended up at 310 before getting back in control.  I had to detox in the hospital the last two times.  It was ugly.  Baclofen saved my life and I honestly don't know where I would be today if I hadn't found it! 

I am going to see a homeopath doctor tomorrow. Will let the Forum know how it goes. Wish me luck! My depression is very bad now, since I got myself off Venaflaxine drug, as that and Baclofen was a very bad combo. Hoping to get something to help me form this amazing homeopath doctor tomorrow morning.. Will keep in touch.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...