The End of my Addiction

Librium URGENT!!!

Alcofree

I went to the local charity today, as recommended by my GP, to get a detox. I am formally alcohol dependant now, unfortunately.. They want me to attend groups, CBT etc before they consider giving me Librium. Until that time I HAVE to drink, apparently. I do drink, but only 2-3 cans of lager just to keep alcohol withdrawal symptoms at bay. I do not have cravings for alcohol anymore, thanks to Baclofen! But I HAVE to drink, apparently. Does anyone know of a reliable website where I can buy Librium, please? I would have stopped drinking by now, I am pretty sure, but I have to carry on due to awful withdrawal symptoms. Any advise, please, where I can get Librium online? Many thanks.

I'm confused - why do you have to drink?  Surely you can titrate down from 2-3 cans lager by, say, half a can a day?  There must be something here I'm not getting.  Surely you can't get withdrawal symptoms anyway if you're down to that little alcohol each day.

Sorry, call  me an idiot please, but why not just stop drinking?

• Like 1

I stopped drinking on Saturday the 8th.. Didn't have cravings. Withdrawals got bad. Rang 111 non-emergency NHS line. They told me to keep drinking to have withdrawal symptoms at bay and see Gp on Monday. Maybe, you are right? Maybe I am just panicking, scared of withdrawals to come back as they did on that Saturday. Withdrawal symptoms start at about 3- 3:30 PM. So I down a bottle or a can of beer and they go. Yes, you are right. I am just going to keep reducing my alcohol intake, as no cravings at the moment. Thank you!

• Like 2

111 are f*cking useless!  Staffed by idiots, please don't take their advice seriously.

Have you thought of taking an extra dose of baclofen at 3 pm?  I don't know what your dosage schedule is of course, but maybe you're having an anxiety attack rather than withdrawals at that time?

CBT & groups might actually be helpful in the long run.

• Like 1

Withdrawals are horrible.  Believe me, I know.  However I 100% agree with @Molly78 on this.  You're on so little alcohol now, just wean yourself off gradually.  Maybe go down 1/2 a can or a few ounces a day.  Think of it as medicine.  A few ounces through you tough times as needed to stave off the symptoms until you don't need any more.  There are some B vitamins that help a lot as well.  I'll try and remember which ones the hospital told me to use.

Congratulations on your awesome progress!!

looks like B1 (thiamine) is the one you need extra of, and then a B complex in general. :) 

Edited by Mom2JTx3
B vitamins
  • Like 3

Oh and @Alcofree I meant to say, if you need medical advice urgently outside of office hours, phone your GP surgery number & you will get put through to the Out Of Hours (OOH) service.  If you leave a message, a doctor will usually phone you back.  Even if you only get to speak to a nurse, at least it will be someone using their brain rather than a flow chart.

I absolutely despair of the NHS these days (or I would if I didn't keep hearing the horror stories from our friends across the pond about what happens when you're sick & you have no money.)

• Like 1