The End of my Addiction

I have done it!!! I think..

Alcofree

Hi all! Firstly, thank you for your support.

I've achieved indifference at 300mg a day. I don't actually crave booze. Started (very emotionally) on 1st of December last year at 5mg a day

Do you think 300mg is high? I know it's all individual.. Just wonder if anyone on here achieved theirs at 300mg a day.

My only worry now is- how to get Baclofen from now on. Goldpharma now asking for prescription. They say some regulations have changed. Molly78 suggested Sunshine Pharma. Ive placed the order. Waiting for the order to be confirmed. In meantime I only have 1,5 months Baclofen left. So a bit worried, to be honest.

How long does one sit on the switch dose, normally?

Edited by Alcofree
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Alcofree said:

Hi all! Firstly, thank you for your support.

I've achieved indifference at 300mg a day. I don't actually crave booze. Started (very emotionally) on 1st of December last year at 5mg a day

Do you think 300mg is high? I know it's all individual.. Just wonder if anyone on here achieved theirs at 300mg a day.

My only worry now is- how to get Baclofen from now on. Goldpharma now asking for prescription. They say some regulations have changed. Molly78 suggested Sunshine Pharma. Ive placed the order. Waiting for the order to be confirmed. In meantime I only have 1,5 months Baclofen left. So a bit worried, to be honest.

How long does one sit on the switch dose, normally?

Nice!  I'm sure there are other sources out there to obtain Baclofen.  I got an actual prescription recently, which is nice. 

300mg is on the high side from what I've read but not crazy high.  I believe Dr. Ameisen hit his switch dose at 270mg.  I'm currently titrating up to 240mg myself after being at 180mg for awhile.

I've read to stay at your switch dose for 3 months then slowly tritate down as low as you can go while still maintaining a state of indifference.  No need to rush it!

• Like 1

@Alcofree Congratulations!  Mine was 310, so we were about the same.  I believe over on the French forum, they say 6 months and then go down very very slowly.  I was at my switch for 10 months and started to titrate down recently.  I got to 250 and started to have cravings and was over drinking so I'm titrating back up.  There was a recent thread about this so look around the forum for the titrating  down thread.  I saw a post over on MWO  that mentioned that Dr. A recommended staying at your switch does for a year and a half before beginning to titrate down.  Opinions seem to be all over the map.  

• Like 3

Hi @Alcofree. Congrats! 300 is on the high side, as others have said, but certainly not crazy high. Several people I've known over the years have switched at 320. General consensus seems to be to stay at your switch for a couple months or as long as you can tolerate the dose, but in actual practice people are all over the map, as Mom said. I didn't stay at my switch nearly long enough (I think a couple weeks).

Do keep an eye on the calendar, though. If the next order goes through you're golden, but if you only have 1.5 months you might want to think about a schedule for coming down early until an order comes in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StuckinLA said:

Hi @Alcofree. Congrats! 300 is on the high side, as others have said, but certainly not crazy high. Several people I've known over the years have switched at 320. General consensus seems to be to stay at your switch for a couple months or as long as you can tolerate the dose, but in actual practice people are all over the map, as Mom said. I didn't stay at my switch nearly long enough (I think a couple weeks).

Do keep an eye on the calendar, though. If the next order goes through you're golden, but if you only have 1.5 months you might want to think about a schedule for coming down early until an order comes in.

Thank you.  Looks like I have to come off Baclofen asap.  Can't get it anywhere. Wish me luck on my very bumpy ride back down! 

Congrats on your switch @Alcofree! How amazing is that feeling of freedom?

Don't panic. You should have plenty of time to receive your Sunshine Pharma order. They probably aren't staffed on the weekends to confirm your order. If you don't get a confirmation from them soon, you can always try Inhouse Pharmacy, River Pharmacy or All Day Chemist. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Felina said:

Congrats on your switch @Alcofree! How amazing is that feeling of freedom?

Don't panic. You should have plenty of time to receive your Sunshine Pharma order. They probably aren't staffed on the weekends to confirm your order. If you don't get a confirmation from them soon, you can always try Inhouse Pharmacy, River Pharmacy or All Day Chemist. 

Thanks Felina. Just tried them. They want American Express card. Or the River pharmacy wants me to call them re payment.. Only have 1,5 months Bac left.  So better start my bumpy ride down. Wish me luck!  My freedom was very short lived!  

River Pharmacy requires an e-check from your bank, but it's a very easy transaction. I called them for my last order and it was a smooth and seamless transaction. 

• Like 1

Thanks Felina. I'm in the UK. I'll try of course. Going down by 12,5mg from tomorrow though. Just in case. 

4 minutes ago, Felina said:

River Pharmacy requires an e-check from your bank, but it's a very easy transaction. I called them for my last order and it was a smooth and seamless transaction. 

On 06/05/2017 at 11:02 PM, Alcofree said:

You have 6 weeks @ 300mg/day left?

6 hours ago, Alcofree said:

Thanks Felina. I'm in the UK. I'll try of course. Going down by 12,5mg from tomorrow though. Just in case. 

I would not consider playing with my intake just yet! What is 12.5 mg going to add to the end in the long term?

Have you considered this might be a time to approach your GP?

Regards

Bacman

• Like 3

On 5/7/2017 at 11:46 PM, Baclofenman said:

You have 6 weeks @ 300mg/day left?

Yeah I didn't mean to suggest lowering your dose right away, @Alcofree. Just keep an eye on the calendar and your next shipment and be prepared for contingencies.

Again, so glad you've reached indifference!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StuckinLA said:

Yeah I didn't mean to suggest lowering your dose right away, @Alcofree. Just keep an eye on the calendar and your next shipment and be prepared for contingencies.

Again, so glad you've reached indifference!

Thanks! Just ordered more. Tonnes of BAC in fact! Hope order goes through. Then I'm golden! 

• Like 4